Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Robert Griffin III is a Washington Redskin (Merged-- The Everything RG3 Thread- Mocks,News, Rumors etc MET)

HogNose

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

It's sort of like a doctor telling a patient to cut down on the red meat, the patient ignores it, and has a heart attack. Question is now will anything change, why not go back to the red meat? Well, a 5-11 season, 24 turnovers, and Shanny being critiqued left and right for blowing it on QB, and I presume he won't be the first coach in the NFL who is allowed to have continual bad seasons without being fearful for their job. I am in the tank for Shanny as anybody, but yeah I'd be stunned if he doesn't get a QB high up in the draft or free agency. Heck forget all this stuff, just based on Shanny's rhetoric alone, he's critiqued Rex, says they are looking for a franchise QB -- that doesn't sound like Shanny's rhetoric from last season. If you recall last off season, Shanny wasn't really talking Qb predraft, when asked for his priority, he kept saying pass rushing.

I agree don't get me wrong I know we need a QB. But at what price? We have the number 6 pick overall and we are all saying two QBs will go before this when you have potentially 3 teams in front of us who don't even need one. I get it that Luck is a lock for the Colts. But what do they do with Manning? I get it that the Browns would love to get RGIII but they have a young QB right now that didn't do well but then again his WRs had as many drops as Bradford's receivers with the Rams. Its not like the Browns are set in other positions and are going after a QB. Their needs are so vast, its hard to assume they will give their two number one picks to move up one or two spots for RGIII.

One of my biggest fears is we do get in a bidding war and we suffer for it for the next 3 years. don't forget Trend W is one puff away from being out a year from the league. Fletcher is great but how long can he play at this level. D Hall is a basket case, we need an upgrade at CB. Landry is probably gone so we will need a SS. Now if we can address some of these positions in FA then yea we can mortgage a little of our future for RGIII, who I love and think he will be a great QB in this League. But if we don't then we are taking a major risk if we get in a bidding war to move up to #2.

I'd be willing to go 2011 #1, #2 and 2012 #1 if the redskins are willing to go out and sign at least 1 FA receiver that is worthy of being a #1. That means Dwayne Bowe, Vincent Jackson, Marques Colston....

I'm really hoping that Cleveland signs Matt Flynn. I would be really difficult for Seattle to put together a better trade package than the skins for RGIII, so we would just have to outbid Miami. We might be able to get away with keeping our #2 in 2011? Maybe only need to trade #1, #3 and 2012 #1....

In that case RGIII falls to us at #6. I just don't see Seattle going nuts and offering the Bucks for example a boat load of picks for the number 5 spot. it could happen but most likely it will not happen. My problem is we need our second rounder this year for a CB, OL, MLB etc. We are not set in all the positions guys, we have other needs and to be a complete team we can't give away the house, especially when we do have a very high draft position this year. And if we don't get RGIII so be it. There are some great players there that would help this team down the road.

I heard all the arguments, but how were these arguments different from last year when everyone in here was saying we got to pick a QB we got to pick a QB. Trust our scouts, and Allen I think they will put the right move just like they did with Kerrigan.

Yet and still we ended with a worst record with no QB. And the positions that we said was secure last are positions that needs looking at. It will always be like that. But lets look at the picks after we make a trade. We would have 1st,3rd,2 4ths, 5th, 2 6ths. You can get a CB in the 4th, ILB in the 5th, OL in the 3rd, and 6ths. It will weigh in on what we did in FA but I think if we sign some players its a no brainer to go get the Elite prospect. There's next year's draft and year after that to complete the team.

I just don't think the Browns go with a QB this draft as well. Colt McCoy (given the weapons) can be a good QB for them. If anything I see it working out like this:

The Packers against better judgement will "Franchise" Matt Flynn. They'll find the cap space but, once the season is over it will be hard to let him just walk away for nothing knowing he is now a HOT commodity. In doing so, they will have a bidding war on their hands that will include Cleveland, Miami and yes... Washington but, the asking price gets too costly and we will drop out. Miami and Cleveland will duke it out with Cleveland winning out because they have the ammo to play with (Two 1st rounders).

Ultimately, Flynn gets dealt to Cleveland for a 1st (Atlanta's 1st from last years Julio Jones trade) and a 3rd or a 4th in this years draft. Maybe even a late round pick next year to sweeten the pot. Cleveland picks either Blackmon or Trent Richardson with their remaining 1st round pick (4th). I'm guessing maybe Ashlon Jeffery or Malcom Floyd because they need a WR and I have a feeling Jeff Fisher (....yes he will take the St. Louis job) will take Blackmon to give Bradford a weapon. That leaves Miami fighting to trade up ahead of us.

This part is what makes me nervous because with Adrian Peterson being hurt and also losing Sidney Rice to free angency they need to bring in talent. They may want to trade down in order to shore up some questionable spots in their roster. They'll look to Minnesota or Tampa Bay but, (wishful thinking here...) I think the asking price for Minny's pick will be too much and I think Tampa Bay will want to stay put and Miami will be unable to move up. Ultimately, in a complete shocker to what all the mock drafts predict as of right now, RGIII will fall to us at #6. Miami will find Russell Wilson or Tannenhill in the second or third at a good value.

hmmm... part of the phophecy has been foretold..... Fischer to St. Louis

hmmm... part of the phophecy has been foretold..... Fischer to St. Louis

And he & Shanahan are very good friends.

Part of Fischer's decision, was he wanted a QB in place.

He will have that in Bradford.

Unless he just wants the #2 pick, to land RG3 or try for Luck.

Imo...we either land RG3 @#2 in a trade-up or Sam Bradford in a trade w/Rams.

Either would have me grinning from ear-to-ear.

The only way this doesn't happen, is if we somehow trade up to #1 for Luck.

(Which I still think is a possibility, although that's a minority opinion)

Either way...all 3 scenario's, would make watching Redskins football fun again.

My order of preference?

RG3

Luck

Bradford

My order of preference?

RG3

Luck

Bradford

I agree with you. Shanahan will not leave what happens next to chance. We are going to move up to #2 and not have to worry about what other teams do/who they trade with. If I had to lay money down I'd say we take Griffin @ #2 and call it a day.

Some people are worried about "mortgaging our future" to move up to #2 and get RGIII. From what I hear, it's gonna take our 1st, 2nd, 1st next year and maybe a 4th to do it, but remember we still have 11 other rounds to still get quality football players on this squad, and still walk away with a once in a generation type QB. Hardly mortgaging our future, IMO.

Some people are worried about "mortgaging our future" to move up to #2 and get RGIII. From what I hear' date=' it's gonna take our 1st, 2nd, 1st next year and maybe a 4th to do it, but remember we still have 11 other rounds to still get quality football players on this squad, and still walk away with a once in a generation type QB. Hardly mortgaging our future, IMO.[/quote']

Yup, especially since we've shown a good track record in later rounds under this regime. I wish more people would understand this.

Mort said on Sunday Countdown said that even though Fisher and the Dolphins didn't agree to terms with the coaching job, the Dolphins might have established a potential trade partner in the process to trade up and take RG3. He went on to say the Dolphins GM is also a Baylor alumnus.That sucks really bad. I hope that is just speculation.

Mort said on Sunday Countdown said that even though Fisher and the Dolphins didn't agree to terms with the coaching job, the Dolphins might have established a potential trade partner in the process to trade up and take RG3. He went on to say the Dolphins GM is also a Baylor alumnus.That sucks really bad. I hope that is just speculation.

I'm just hoping the good friendship between Fisher & Shanahan can lead to us moving up to #2.

I'm just hoping the good friendship between Fisher & Shanahan can lead to us moving up to #2.

That's what I'm hoping for too. We also have a better pick than the Dolphins so that is icing on the cake. I also read here at Extremeskins that Bruce Allen has a good relationship with the Rams GM too, so that's a plus.

If the 'Skins want to move up, they will have ammo to match Miami. The question is, will Miami offer more than what is reasonable? If Miami offer 2 #1's, some #2's, etc, then the 'Skins could match it, but would be foolish to do so.

To answer your question, Bruce Allen is very well connected to the Rams Exec VP, Kevin Demoff. According to the St. Louis Rams media guide, Mr. Demoff spent from 2005 - 2008 as a consultant to the Tampa Bucs as a consultant before being named Sr. Assistant in 2006. As an assistant, he assisted Bruce in contract negotiations, salary cap management, and strategic planning in both in college and pro scouting. During his time in that capacity, Bucs won NFC South titles in 2005-2007. They also had winning records in 3 of those 4 seasons.

So with those ties, as with Shanahan and Fisher being best friends, things could work out well for us to trade up. Hope this helps!

That seems odd. You would think that if they couldn't reach an agreement for Fisher to join the Dolphins (his reputed first choice), there'd be some bitterness between the two sides, not a desire to cooperate.

The more time passes, the more doubtful I become that we will get RGIII :(

It all depends on what the Browns will do. Their GM Mike Holmgren said that they were going to bring in a QB to compete with Colt McCoy. From that type of talk, I expect the Browns to bring in a free agent quarterback with experience, not a rookie. The Browns are projected in most mock drafts to select RB Trent Richardson of Alabama. If that happens, then RG3 will fall right to us.

It all depends on what the Browns will do. Their GM Mike Holmgren said that they were going to bring in a QB to compete with Colt McCoy. From that type of talk, I expect the Browns to bring in a free agent quarterback with experience, not a rookie. The Browns are projected in most mock drafts to select RB Trent Richardson of Alabama. If that happens, then RG3 will fall right to us.

I've seen a lot of mocks having the Browns take RG3 at No. 4. The only way we can secure him for sure is to jump Cleveland.

In a perfect world where the Redskins aren't the most unlucky team in the world, yes, this would happen. But if the Browns aren't in the market for him, someone else like Seattle, Miami, Kansas City could trade up and take him. Browns are a threat, but not the only one.

At the end of the day I think Mortenson is dumb with his assesment of the dolphins and Rams because of Fisher might be good trading partners... At the end of the day trading picks or players is not about trading to your friends it's about getting the best deal you can. If us and the Dolphins offered the same deal they would choose us because our picks are higher.

Archived