Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Chris Russell on Twitter: Redskins excited about Matt Flynn

LuRedskins

I feel like if the packers really thought he was so good they would have signed him to an extension before he hit the market. That way if someone became interested then they could trade him, if not then they at least have him locked up to a backup's salary

Timmy Smith had 204 yrd rushing in SB 22. I guess we should him locked him into a life time contract for that great game

One game means squat. The other game Flynn started had Jason Campbell like numbers. That being said he will be better than Grosssman

Timmy Smith ran threw holes a truck could have drove through. Its hard to compare something just about anyone could have done that day to the showing Flynn displayed last Sunday. Flynn threw the ball down the field dropping it into the bread basket, in stride. Setting franchise records for the packers. If anyone is unimpressed with that performance, then I would have a hard time believing that they know much about the game of football. I do know this, the redskins will have to take a chance on someone this offseason. I would be willing to take a chance on him.

I feel like if the packers really thought he was so good they would have signed him to an extension before he hit the market. That way if someone became interested then they could trade him, if not then they at least have him locked up to a backup's salary

That implies he'd want to sign with GB again. As a 26 yr old backup to a 28 yr old superstar QB, I'm guessing if he's any sort of competitor he wants to start and realizes GB isn't where that is going to happen barring a disaster to Rodgers.

You guys really think that Flynn's agent will convince him to sign here on some cheap deal knowing that were are picking high in the draft and looking for a QB of the future??

On top of that look at the Kolb/Fitzpatrick contracts, the fact that the guy has been sitting behind Aaron Rodgers, and Flynn's recent game vs the Lions. His agent will not be putting him out on the market at low value.

I would rather have:

#1 Qb from draft

#2 Rex

#3 Whoever is better than Beck and can compete with Rex

You guys really think that Flynn's agent will convince him to sign here on some cheap deal knowing that were are picking high in the draft and looking for a QB of the future??

On top of that look at the Kolb/Fitzpatrick contracts, the fact that the guy has been sitting behind Aaron Rodgers, and Flynn's recent game vs the Lions. His agent will not be putting him out on the market at low value.

I would rather have:

#1 Qb from draft

#2 Rex

#3 Whoever is better than Beck and can compete with Rex

If some team wants to throw huge money at Flynn, then by all means pass. Kolb signed for 5 yrs $63.5M which was ridiculously high. Additionally there are only really 3 or 4 teams that Flynn would get starter money from: CLE, MIA, us and maybe SEA. Everyone else is pretty set at starter. IND will have either Peyton or their drafted QB so they're out. SEA seems comfortable with Jackson. That leaves MIA, CLE and us and one of those teams has RGIII to fall back on. Now there's only 2 teams for him to realistically go to. That is a diminished market for his services. I'd give him an average starting QB salary. If the agent thinks he deserves top tier money, good luck to him.

What kind of big contract you talking about? Is it assumed he'll make Rodgers money? Brees? What about Kolb money? Where do people get the idea that we would have to throw top money at Matt Flynn?

What leads you to believe that Flynn will come here for a cheap contract? Do you realize how many teams want him right now? He won't be cheap. If it gets a FT from Packers he just becomes more expensive in the form of picks.

If some team wants to throw huge money at Flynn, then by all means pass. Kolb signed for 5 yrs $63.5M which was ridiculously high. Additionally there are only really 3 or 4 teams that Flynn would get starter money from: CLE, MIA, us and maybe SEA. Everyone else is pretty set at starter. IND will have either Peyton or their drafted QB so they're out. SEA seems comfortable with Jackson. That leaves MIA, CLE and us and one of those teams has RGIII to fall back on. Now there's only 2 teams for him to realistically go to. That is a diminished market for his services. I'd give him an average starting QB salary. If the agent thinks he deserves top tier money, good luck to him.

There is more than 4 teams that might go for QB. 49ers, Browns, Seattle, Redskins, Broncos, Chiefs, and Jags. I say let Browns have him for the 40 million dollar contract he is going to get. I rather have RG for 17 million. That other 23 million can be used for other pressing needs.

Much ado about nothing. Sorry folks this is sketchy even for a Vinny move.

What we have here is a reporter trying to get some pub/ cover himself to look smart if this somehow occurs. If not it will be quickly forgotten.

I'm scared of all this hoopla over one game. Anyone think he would've put up those numbers in the Skins offense? Their receivers are nasty. Whatever happens happens I guess, I just really hope it's not over one game, no matter how spectacular it was.

No, no one thinks he puts up those numbers in the Skins offense, but does that mean that Aaron Rodgers isn't any good? Because, after all, his backup had a better game than Rodgers has had his entire career and Flynn was doing it without one of their top receivers against a team that was playing for a playoff spot.

Flynn's going to be a very good QB for someone, doubtful it's Washington. He looks like a great prospect and is as likely to succeed as any of the draft picks who've NEVER thrown ONE TD in a REAL NFL game, anyone denying that profusely looks dumb. I still don't think we're going after him, and it seems like our insiders are saying as much.

We want a rookie QB, and we're likely going to get to see that happen.

What leads you to believe that Flynn will come here for a cheap contract? Do you realize how many teams want him right now? He won't be cheap. If it gets a FT from Packers he just becomes more expensive in the form of picks.

Errr, not to be funny, but how many? Maybe the Dolphins and maybe the Seahawks (or Jaguars)? If the Browns do - better for us. I doubt the Dolphins are going to pay a boatload for him either and again, if the Browns decide to, it doesn't hurt or draft situation and possibility of getting RG3.

Russell comes from the school of throw ****.....

Hey TK, now that Polian is out, what does our prospect of trading with the Colts look like?

I'm not really happy they let him go. I thought we might be able to trade with him, but since the new GM may have zero personal ties with PM, and will probably be looking to make a big splash, we might not even have a chance.

I'm hoping the Browns really do sign Flynn, leaving us to trade up with the Rams for the leftovers.

Errr, not to be funny, but how many? Maybe the Dolphins and maybe the Seahawks (or Jaguars)? If the Browns do - better for us. I doubt the Dolphins are going to pay a boatload for him either and again, if the Browns decide to, it doesn't hurt or draft situation and possibility of getting RG3.

I hope the Browns go after him. I'd much rather go after RGIII or Luck. I could see Seattle throwing out some big bucks for Flynn(They desperately need a decent QB). Dolphins are quite unpredictable so they could. Once again if the Packers decide to be douches put a FT on him we have to give up picks too. Packers would screw themselves by using the FT unless they knew they deal him.

If he gets the franchise tag he'll only leave as a result of a sign and trade. No one will give two firsts, and you're allowed to negotiate lesser compensation. And while Flynn won't be cheap I doubt he'll get a record setting or top pick in the draft level contract.

If he gets the franchise tag he'll only leave as a result of a sign and trade. No one will give two firsts, and you're allowed to negotiate lesser compensation. And while Flynn won't be cheap I doubt he'll get a record setting or top pick in the draft level contract.

40 million is what the floor's going to be.

If anyone is unimpressed with that performance, then I would have a hard time believing that they know much about the game of football.

Never said he did not have a great game, I said it was one game, his other start was average. You dont sign someone for having one good game. See Rob Johnson,Tommy Maddox, and Greg Cook amongst others. The guy will be looking for a Kalb contract and it is not worth the risk. Ask someone here asked if he was that good why didn't GB try to extend him before now

If you are the 'skins front office you WANT and HOPE that you like Flynn. You can MAYBE get him, or Manning for that matter, for only money. You don't have to surrender the #6 pick AND future picks. You are then free to use #6 on Blackmon or an OT, or maybe better yet you trade down from there and accumulate picks a la 2011.

I have no idea what's going on inside Redskins Park but I guarantee they take a looooooong look at Flynn. It just makes sense.

There is more than 4 teams that might go for QB. 49ers, Browns, Seattle, Redskins, Broncos, Chiefs, and Jags. I say let Browns have him for the 40 million dollar contract he is going to get. I rather have RG for 17 million. That other 23 million can be used for other pressing needs.

Absolutely! Use that $23 million on some big uglies, a corner over 6 feet, and a stud Wr.

Never said he did not have a great game, I said it was one game, his other start was average. You dont sign someone for having one good game. See Rob Johnson,Tommy Maddox, and Greg Cook amongst others. The guy will be looking for a Kalb contract and it is not worth the risk. Ask someone here asked if he was that good why didn't GB try to extend him before now

Perhaps this was the Packers plan. Favre was to play while Rodgers holds the bench and then Favre leaves for Rodgers to hold the place for Matt "The real Joe Montana" Flynn to take his place. Packers just been keeping it a secret and clearly Flynn screwed up on Sunday by revealing the entire secret to the league. Jeez Packers are sly little ****s.

Archived