Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT/Yahoo Sports: RG3's parents interviewing agents

Rypien1191

We are not drafting #4...I'll tell you that much...we are definitely going to beat Minnesota and have a chance against Philly. Either way, if we want RG3, we are going to have to trade up and give a lot, which sucks, BUT worth it and necessary. I think we will land Luck or RG3 at all costs...but we will be competing against the Browns, Dolphins, Seahawks and other QB needy teams. They saw what Cam can do and are going to want that superstar QB. It's going to be interesting.

I don't understand how you can say that we're "definitely" going to beat Minnesota. We're nowhere near good enough to definitely beat anybody this season. With out shoddy OL and Rex's slow play on the field, Jared Allen alone can can win this game with some sacks/fumbles, not to mention AP's still a beast and we can't win against a rookie QB to save our life. No doubt in my mind we can, and likely will, lose this game. Not a big deal to me, though. This season's a waste and we can only improve/solidify our draft pick by losing the rest of the season. Bring on September 2012!

Thread after thread. :)

Here's some reasons that after following the NFL as long as I have, I don't get wound up about "the Magic Wand Draft Pick" like a thousand of you guys who will crash real ugly (and all over the board) if any of them turn out to be true again.

1. Some trade will occur of a nature that makes months of conjecturing, excessive thinking, scheming, emoting, and arguing superfluous.

2. The guy you want will be gone (even when you're sure he'll be there) when the moment actually arrives

3. They don't take the guy you want (even if you're "sure" they should/will) even if he's available.

4. They do take the guy you and a thousand others like you were so sure would be the Magic Wand and he's anything from decent/mediocre to a bust in the NFL game.

5. They take the guy but he doesn't turn out to be the guy you thought he was head-wise and adds a lot of locker-room issues with inconsistent game performance.

I won't mention injury and other things than can keep "the magic wand" from being that in reality, because they can apply to any player. But the top four are ones I have seen so frequently in the NFL over the years (and for the Redskins/ES in particular) regarding top 5 "sure thing" draft picks. So while I take normal interest in such things, and devote a little excitedness to discussion of some, I really don't invest too much and prefer a more "kick back and see what happens" attitude. The board will always still go crazy because people will always confuse the acuity of their analyses, what they personally want and/or think should be, with reality and how the universe really works. :D

The-Grinch.jpg

:evilg: :ols: :pfft:

Actually the Skins have done pretty well with top 10 picks during Snyder's era. Just to name a few... Chris Samuals,Sean Taylor, LaVar Arrington (what he might have been if he didn't blow out his knees), Carlos Rodgers (having a break out season, just not with us). Was Champ Bailey a Snyder pick?

The jury is still out on Trent Williams.

LaRon Landry right now is the only real disappointment.

And if you look at just the first round in total, only Rod Gardner was a total bust.

Patrick Ramsey had a up and down career, Jason Cambell falls in the same catagory.

Then you got Brian Orakpo and Ryan Kerrigan. Both have shown a lot of promise and upside.

I really don't have much fear in who the Skins take in the first round. Hope it's a QB.

LaRon Landry right now is the only real disappointment.

Laron isn't a bust, he has played lights out, like DPOTY, when he was healthy, with a full offseason he will heal up and continue to be the beast he always was. I don't get why people don't like him here, I love him and have his jersey.

We are not drafting #4...I'll tell you that much...we are definitely going to beat Minnesota and have a chance against Philly. Either way, if we want RG3, we are going to have to trade up and give a lot, which sucks, BUT worth it and necessary. I think we will land Luck or RG3 at all costs...but we will be competing against the Browns, Dolphins, Seahawks and other QB needy teams. They saw what Cam can do and are going to want that superstar QB. It's going to be interesting.

Have you followed the Vikings at all this year other than looking at the W-L each monday? AP is back. Not an easy win at all for us. Philly has Vick back and our team doesn't play well will mobile QB. Miami is the only team that might trade up for a QB. Browns and Seahawks will need to bolster other spots first since their QB is decent.

Wow. Gonna be a lot of sick puppies on this site if the planets don't align themselves in our favor for Griffin the 3rd.

Think of how many sick puppies there will be if RG3 is there when we pick & we PASSED on him??!? Thats how I felt last year somewhat because I had myself convinced Blaine was the guy. Thank GOD Mike & crew were drafting and not a clueless fan like me. We'll get our guy this year, I feel certain of that. What I'm not certain of is if MIKE'S guy is who the majority of us want. Time will tell I guess....

I've already resigned myself for the worst case scenario...

Trade down and get more picks... get a high 2nd rounder and draft Kirk Cousins while focusing on the OL, CB and Safety position... wide receiver I think will be handled during FA while developing our own guys.

Taking Cousins early 2nd would be a reach IMO. He's a 3rd rounder and a solid one at that. If we are taking a QB in the high 2nd it would be Tannehill

Unless we trade up, it's quite possible that we would be odd man out (assuming we pick in #4 spot) Luck, Barkley, and RG3 will be gone before we get a chance. Other teams know we need a QB and may make some interesting trades to move ahead of us.

That is true. But the Rams and the Vikings want players too. If they trade down below us, and there are no QBs left, who do we take? We take Balckmon or Khalil. The question is, do the Rams and Vikes want to risk not getting their guy? Fear of not getting the player you want later in the draft will cause one or both to stay where they are at.

I dont want RG3. Short skinny athletic QBs dont make it in this league.But I rather have him over nobody. But if the QBs are all gone, Id rather take Khalil at LT and try and trade up from RD2 to take Tannehill. A franchise LT will go a long way, especially if we can move TW over to RT where his pot smoking ways may hurt the team less.

That is true. But the Rams and the Vikings want players too. If they trade down below us, and there are no QBs left, who do we take? We take Balckmon or Khalil. The question is, do the Rams and Vikes want to risk not getting their guy? Fear of not getting the player you want later in the draft will cause one or both to stay where they are at.

I dont want RG3. Short skinny athletic QBs dont make it in this league.But I rather have him over nobody. But if the QBs are all gone, Id rather take Khalil at LT and try and trade up from RD2 to take Tannehill. A franchise LT will go a long way, especially if we can move TW over to RT where his pot smoking ways may hurt the team less.

I'd put good money on Kalil going to Minnesota and we take RG3 at #4. Top 5 would look like this

1. Luck

2. Blackmon

3. Kalil

4. RG3

5. Claiborne

I'm not sure we win another game to be honest. If we do win it would be Minny, but they'll have AP back as well

Philly has won 1 more game than us. Giants 3 more games, Minny, 2 less games.

To think we have no chance to win 1 or more is ludicrous. We aren't a good team, but neither are the 3 teams we are playing.

We win one, and possibly 2 games.

Philly has won 1 more game than us. Giants 3 more games, Minny, 2 less games.

To think we have no chance to win 1 or more is ludicrous. We aren't a good team, but neither are the 3 teams we are playing.

We win one, and possibly 2 games.

Matchups. We matched up well against the New England defense playing WRs at DB

We don't against these next 3 defenses. And really don't against the Minny offense if they have AP back, our run D has been pretty average this year

Matchups. We matched up well against the New England defense playing WRs at DB

We don't against these next 3 defenses. And really don't against the Minny offense if they have AP back, our run D has been pretty average this year

That's positive thinking. Meanwhile the dream team "matchups" have gotten them 5 wins, the Vikings "matchups" have gotten them 2 wins, and we beat the Giant's "matchups" 1 time.

To think we have no chance against 3 flawed franchises is nonsense.

We are a turnover machine, so are the Eagles. The Vikes qb has won ONE game, and the Giant's are severely flawed...as are we. We could easily go 0-3 or 3-0.

That's positive thinking. Meanwhile the dream team "matchups" have gotten them 5 wins, the Vikings "matchups" have gotten them 2 wins, and we beat the Giant's "matchups" 1 time.

To think we have no chance against 3 flawed franchises is nonsense.

We are a turnover machine, so are the Eagles. The Vikes qb has won ONE game, and the Giant's are severely flawed...as are we. We could easily go 0-3 or 3-0.

No way we are beating the Giants, in New Jersey, with them having playoff indications. Minny we might beat. Philly no.

Archived