Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT/Yahoo Sports: RG3's parents interviewing agents

Rypien1191

Unless we trade up, it's quite possible that we would be odd man out (assuming we pick in #4 spot) Luck, Barkley, and RG3 will be gone before we get a chance. Other teams know we need a QB and may make some interesting trades to move ahead of us.

I would be shocked to see the second and third pick traded in the same draft and 3qbs getting selected in a row. Doubtful that happens. Everyone seems to be forgetting that there is a reason that st louis and the viking are picking second and third in the draft they have needs as well! I'm pretty certain that would make history if the second and third got traded away back to back. Not saying it couldn't happen just trying to be realistic about it.

I would be shocked to see the second and third pick traded in the same draft and 3qbs getting selected in a row. Doubtful that happens. Everyone seems to be forgetting that there is a reason that st louis and the viking are picking second and third in the draft they have needs as well! I'm pretty certain that would make history if the second and third got traded away back to back. Not saying it couldn't happen just trying to be realistic about it.

Certainly would be unusual for sure. But with 1st rounds picks now drawing reduced salaries, and several teams in need of a good QB, it's quite possible. St. Louis already has a QB, but could most certainly build a pretty good team out of all the picks someone is gonna give them.

Unless we trade up, it's quite possible that we would be odd man out (assuming we pick in #4 spot) Luck, Barkley, and RG3 will be gone before we get a chance. Other teams know we need a QB and may make some interesting trades to move ahead of us.

Not true.

Here is where the #3 QB has gone in the past:

2011: 10th

2010: 48th

2009: 17th

2008: 56th

2007: 36th

2006: 11th (taken by MS)

2005: 24th

2004: 11th

2003: 19th

2002: 32nd

2001: 53rd

1983: 14th (One of the best QB drafts ever)

Not true.

Here is where the #3 QB has gone in the past:

2011: 10th

2010: 48th

2009: 17th

2008: 56th

2007: 36th

2006: 11th (taken by MS)

2005: 24th

2004: 11th

2003: 19th

2002: 32nd

2001: 53rd

1983: 14th (One of the best QB drafts ever)

I forget, which year was it that Luck, Barkley and RG3 were drafted. That year would be a great example the of POSSIBILITIES of this years draft

Thread after thread. :)

Here's some reasons that after following the NFL as long as I have, I don't get wound up about "the Magic Wand Draft Pick" like a thousand of you guys who will crash real ugly (and all over the board) if any of them turn out to be true again.

1. Some trade will occur of a nature that makes months of conjecturing, excessive thinking, scheming, emoting, and arguing superfluous.

2. The guy you want will be gone (even when you're sure he'll be there) when the moment actually arrives

3. They don't take the guy you want (even if you're "sure" they should/will) even if he's available.

4. They do take the guy you and a thousand others like you were so sure would be the Magic Wand and he's anything from decent/mediocre to a bust in the NFL game.

5. They take the guy but he doesn't turn out to be the guy you thought he was head-wise and adds a lot of locker-room issues with inconsistent game performance.

I won't mention injury and other things than can keep "the magic wand" from being that in reality, because they can apply to any player. But the top four are ones I have seen so frequently in the NFL over the years (and for the Redskins/ES in particular) regarding top 5 "sure thing" draft picks. So while I take normal interest in such things, and devote a little excitedness to discussion of some, I really don't invest too much and prefer a more "kick back and see what happens" attitude. The board will always still go crazy because people will always confuse the acuity of their analyses, what they personally want and/or think should be, with reality and how the universe really works. :D

The-Grinch.jpg

:evilg: :ols: :pfft:

Certainly would be unusual for sure. But with 1st rounds picks now drawing reduced salaries, and several teams in need of a good QB, it's quite possible. St. Louis already has a QB, but could most certainly build a pretty good team out of all the picks someone is gonna give them.

So Rams will trade down and passed on Blackmon? They need a WR for Bradford.

Vikings will trade down and passed on Kalil? They need a LT to protect Ponder.

Cleveland needs RB/WR more than a QB

Mia needs QB but they will settle for RG 3 or Barkley if both declare and we draft one of them. No need to trade up.

The key is for us to be at #4 at the worst. We should land a top 3 QB.

I am not even going to worry. There can be so much changes from now til Draft day.

You got me there. Of course it is possible something that has never happened could happen.

He was trying to say 1999 when Couch, McNabb and Smith were drafted 1, 2, 3. That is VERY VERY RARE. I am willing to bet that it won't happen in next year draft.

We are not drafting #4...I'll tell you that much...we are definitely going to beat Minnesota and have a chance against Philly. Either way, if we want RG3, we are going to have to trade up and give a lot, which sucks, BUT worth it and necessary. I think we will land Luck or RG3 at all costs...but we will be competing against the Browns, Dolphins, Seahawks and other QB needy teams. They saw what Cam can do and are going to want that superstar QB. It's going to be interesting.

We are not drafting #4...I'll tell you that much...we are definitely going to beat Minnesota and have a chance against Philly. Either way, if we want RG3, we are going to have to trade up and give a lot, which sucks, BUT worth it and necessary. I think we will land Luck or RG3 at all costs...but we will be competing against the Browns, Dolphins, Seahawks and other QB needy teams. They saw what Cam can do and are going to want that superstar QB. It's going to be interesting.

I'll even give some thought that we win out, trade down again this year, and draft a qb later.

Archived