Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT/Yahoo Sports: RG3's parents interviewing agents

Rypien1191

You really think a team set on Luck or Griffin would leave anything to chance if they had a chance to guarantee either higher than 4?

Hail.

The flaw in the logic is assuming that just because the Vikings or Rams don't want a QB with their pick it means they don't want anyone else with that pick. If teams in the top 3 trade down to, say, #10, they may miss out on both the top QBs AND their guy.

If that's the case it makes more sense to trade down with a team sitting at around #4 or #5, wouldn't it? lol :D

It's not so much a flawed route as another very possible route. Indy need to get their rebuild up and running. If they do indeed stick with Peyton, then I'll be shocked if Polian doesn't take all he can for the top pick. And if Lucks in play, he'll have MORE than his share of offers. Regardless of what the Rams and Vikings may or not do; Indianapolis is looking more and more likely to turn it into a bidding war. And if a teams desperate enough for Luck, you can bet your sweet ass they'll be desperate enough to test the other two's resolve over Griffin.

This year is a very special year, and #4 is a VERY precarious place to be sat with what we need and those coming out that make this a very special year.

That utterly meaningless, outside of pride, victory in Seattle a few weeks back has made this draft more than likely all the costlier in terms of what we're gona' have to give up.

Hail.

No way we are beating the Giants' date=' in New Jersey, with them having playoff indications. Minny we might beat. Philly no.[/quote']

Well they were completely curbstomped in a similar situation with a terrible Carolina Panthers team last season..or it might have been the season before. Either way, it has happened

edit: it was 2009 and the Panthers were not as bad as i previously thought, still weren't a very good team though.

It's not so much a flawed route as another very possible route. Indy need to get their rebuild up and running. If they do indeed stick with Peyton, then I'll be shocked if Polian doesn't take all he can for the top pick. And if Lucks in play, he'll have MORE than his share of offers. Regardless of what the Rams and Vikings may or not do; Indianapolis is looking more and more likely to turn it into a bidding war. And if a teams desperate enough for Luck, you can bet your sweet ass they'll be desperate enough to test the other two's resolve over Griffin.

This year is a very special year, and #4 is a VERY precarious place to be sat with what we need and those coming out that make this a very special year.

That utterly meaningless, outside of pride, victory in Seattle a few weeks back has made this draft more than likely all the costlier in terms of what we're gona' have to give up.

Hail.

I've never been so sickened by a win. It makes these final 3 games MUST LOSE. Woulda been nice to have a spare 'W' in our pocket.

Boy, that sentence is assbackwards from my usual sentiments.

I feel like we're all in the South Park episode where they want to lose baseball games so they don't have to play anymore. I also share the bad feeling that we're gonna win 1/3, probably against the Vikings. The problem is, Rex has a reasonably high ceiling when he is Good Rex (last week), so we just have to hope Bad Rex makes a resurgence. Good to know that Adrian Peterson will be back for the Vikes, and also that Vick has returned to the Eagles. I hate rooting against the team because, honestly, any loss is bad for morale, but these losses are absolutely necessary. I like Barkley's odds of coming out now that Kalil is leaving, and if we get that #4 pick we are in excellent position for Barkley or Griff. If we do end up dropping in the draft (worst I can imagine is to 9 or 10), then I am all for trading whatever we need to get that QB.

I feel like we're all in the South Park episode where they want to lose baseball games so they don't have to play anymore. I also share the bad feeling that we're gonna win 1/3, probably against the Vikings. The problem is, Rex has a reasonably high ceiling when he is Good Rex (last week), so we just have to hope Bad Rex makes a resurgence. Good to know that Adrian Peterson will be back for the Vikes, and also that Vick has returned to the Eagles. I hate rooting against the team because, honestly, any loss is bad for morale, but these losses are absolutely necessary. I like Barkley's odds of coming out now that Kalil is leaving, and if we get that #4 pick we are in excellent position for Barkley or Griff. If we do end up dropping in the draft (worst I can imagine is to 9 or 10), then I am all for trading whatever we need to get that QB.

If I was in the Front Office, I would seriously be talking to Shanahan about it being time to give Jonathan Crompton a couple of starts. Not joking.

Beck would be a blatant "tanking" move by Shanny, especially given the team's support for Rex. Now if Rex stinks up like he did last time against Philly, I hope they try Crompton.

By all accounts Crompton's been making making Beck look all-pro on the practice field since he's been here, so I don't think we could swing that one.

Hail.

If he really is that bad, then I have to question why he's been on the PS all year.

Heard a few accounts of guys that follow the team closely on a daily/ weekly basis saying he's utterly terrible. Save for him being a body, by all accounts it's a mystery to those guys he's been kept hanging around.

Hail.

*Edit* That said, I'd be 100% behind him starting the last three games. :evilg:

Archived