Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins twitter - DeJon Gomes will start rest of season at SS over LL30 **UPDATED**

c4man5282

Hall would be intruiging at FS. He'd still bite on occasion but would give great range and ballhawkings skills back there. I think He needs to move either there or to the slot. We need to put Hall in position to play to his strengths and get him in position where his risk taking can pay off for us.

Don't free safeties occasionally have to make tackles?

I could care less how hard he hits as long as he gets the ball carrier on the ground and doesn't blow coverage.

Not getting stupid penalties or wagging his finger in the "no-no-no" motion after the other team gets a 20 yard first down would also be nice.

ehhh he didn't. See pats game against Gradkowski. He's a beast but really?

It's not like your allowed to hit hard from the safety position anymore anyways lol

lol, so true...

---------- Post added December-16th-2011 at 12:02 AM ----------

Tell that to Gronkowski

huh? tell gronkowski that we have a SS that is no threat to hit him hard? I think he figured that out when he carried him up the field..

lol, so true...

---------- Post added December-16th-2011 at 12:02 AM ----------

I guess you dont remember when Gomes put him on the floor in the end zone

huh? tell gronkowski that we have a SS that is no threat to hit him hard? I think he figured that out when he carried him up the field..

Tell that to Gronkowski

Yeh, Gronkowski pretty much owned him. He made him look like a smurf on that TD catch. I think his done pretty well though. Im looking forward watching him play the rest of the season. See what he can do. His already done some good things. I see alot of talk about small, and cant lay the wood. Will see, Gronkowski is a beast

Yeh, Gronkowski pretty much owned him. He made him look like a smurf on that TD catch. I think his done pretty well though. Im looking forward watching him play the rest of the season. See what he can do. His already done some good things. I see alot of talk about small, and cant lay the wood. Will see, Gronkowski is a beast

I was actually referring to when he knocked Gronkowski on the ground and he didnt catch what most likely would have been a TD. Although I do agree that Gronko owned the rest of the game

I would resign Landry. I like that Gomes is getting some playing time, he will make a good back up. But Landry has already shown flashes. If we can get hon for a good price I believe Safety will be a strength next year.

Landry will finally have surgery like he should have done in the first place. With him and Atogwe given a chance to heal up right I think they could be a very good duo.

I'm still of the opinion that the Hall to FS idea that occasionally gets floated around here is a disaster waiting to happen. He has improved his tackling since becoming a Redskin but he's still not reliable enough in that regard for me to feel comfortable with him as the last line of defense.
I agree so much with this quote. And after watching how Welker essentially could head-fake Hall at will -- I don't want Hall as the Skins 'last line of defense' FS.

Couch Potatoes Unite!!!

This is proof that being a work out warrior like Landry is bad for your health..

i think it speaks more to HOW he got so big. As i speculated months ago, i think he's suffering from "David Boston" syndrome. I hate to think like that, but i just can't help it.

i think it speaks more to HOW he got so big. As i speculated months ago, i think he's suffering from "David Boston" syndrome. I hate to think like that, but i just can't help it.

I don't think you're saying anything that we don't already know. Unless you're just a serious LL fan, you know he's juiced...look at his build from college to now, it isn't possible to gain that much raw/lean weight in the amount of time he done it in, genetics or not.

His body falling clean apart is just further proof that the man is synthetic, it's a shame.

I don't think you're saying anything that we don't already know. Unless you're just a serious LL fan, you know he's juiced...look at his build from college to now, it isn't possible to gain that much raw/lean weight in the amount of time he done it in, genetics or not.

His body falling clean apart is just further proof that the man is synthetic, it's a shame.

What is that remark about Bat~man? Elaborate please......

Wow, how disappointing has Atogwe been? Besides his one INT I can hardly remember seeing him making an impact at all this year.

He's been solid, not spectacular. He just seems to be hurt all the time. He may not have made a big impact, but he hasn't had a negative impact either. There haven't been too many moments where you throw your remote at the TV cuz Otogwe's in coverage, a la Reed Doughty, or anyone else we've had back there in several years. He's just clearly not a ball hawk though, which I can live with as long as you don't get torched. I would prefer he come back though, than have to go get two starting safeties instead of one.

Eh.. What part don't you understand ? I was speaking in general... there are some hardcore Laron fans on this board that refuse to think the guy is juiced.

sorry bro, i thought you were saying something else. It was a misunderstanding on my part.... BTW i totally agree with you.

I agree with everyone else on here comparing LL to David Boston. Its a shame, but the fact that he is already breaking down is not a good sign. When healthy though, he is a premier SS in the NFL, and a capable NFC Pro-Bowl threat. IMO, we should franchise him this offseason, and see how he plays next year. I just cant justify sinking a long term contract into a injury prone player, who never sees the field, IMO that would hurt the Redskins more then anything and I think Bruce is wise enough to realize this too.

If I were playing GM, I would hope LaRon returns healthy next year and plays at a very high level on his franchise tag. Then you have options to move him for a 2nd-3rd rounder in the offseason (after you franchise him again), or you explore a long-term deal. Even if he returns to play a full season next year, I still may be wary to sign him long-term, but hey thats just me and my opinion. If he does not perform next year or cant get on the field bc of injury, then you cut your losses at the end of the year or try to get him signed for a VERY discounted price. If he cant stay on the field next year either, his asking tag cant realistically be that high the following season.

Archived