Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shots fired on VT Campus

RedskinFeathers

That picture looks like Torg.

True story- I was amongst the first that got to test the toilets in Torg right before it opened up in the fall of 2000

Lol

Was not aware it opened in 2000, was there in 2003

Always loved that "Bridge" linking the library with the hall. I love that campus

During my later years they expanded the library to include some nice recliners near the bridge. Which reminds me, after us old guys left (2007+ on) the campus and the city really started to evolve in a positive manner. I heard today about the performing arts center. I haven't seen it yet, but I think it's near the city, and Torg. As I was leaving in 2007, they were building a new science building near the Johnson Student Center.

And of course the evolution of the city, the old motel got torn down and replaced by a shopping center, and they have all those retail offices where Awfful Arthur's or whatevver you call that seafood place is.

I miss Blacksburg and I would love to go back, I frequently reminisce fondly about my time there. Just 4.5 of the best years of my life with great people

Also, probably said this before, but I was also part of Pritchard, but a lot of people were, considering it was one of the largest male dorms on the East Coast at the time. I thought they had torn it down by now. Maybe that would be later in the future. But Pritchard is legendary amongst us alumni as our first dorm

As a random aside' date=' a traffic stop where the driver opens fire on the officer sounds like the MO of a sovereign citizen. This scenario has happened a few times now.

(Again, I am speculating wildly).[/quote']

From the Radford Police Depart, yesterday:

On 12/07/11 at approximately 11:25 hours officers from the Radford City Police Department responded to the rental office of Gilbert Real Estate on the 600 Block of Calhoun Street in reference to a robbery. Once on scene, officers located employees of Gilbert Real Estate who stated a male had entered the premises armed with a black in color hand gun.

The suspect demanded keys to a staff member’s vehicle when he left the premises. The vehicle is a 2011 white in color Mercedes SUV with Virginia tag # KLF-6778. The offender is described as a college age white male, wearing dark colored clothes and a dark colored baseball style cap.

This subject is believed to be armed and dangerous. Anyone with information in regards to this incident should contact the Radford City Police Department at (540) 731-3627. If you encounter this vehicle please call 911 immediately.

Can anybody find out if the car the slain officer stopped on campus was a white Mercedes SUV?

BTW, for those who don't know, Radford is about 15 miles from Blacksburg.

It took them 4 hours to figure out there was a gun on the body?

somethings not adding up to me....

they said the gunmen wasnt pulled over, he walked up and shot the cop. then he ran to the Cage...where a cop saw him and went to make contact, and then when the cop turned around, the gunmen was dead. How?

sounds like he must have been a Tech student, right?

I'm going to guess the person who was pulled over will have the best account of what happened

The gunman shot himself there was a self inflicted wound.

So happy and thankful to be home. Still waiting on more information. I was locked down with the governors daughter so we were gettin updates before everyone else. Knew it was the guy in the cage before the news and everyone but that was such a mess. They just wanted to make sure everyone stayed safe. I was locked down within 3 minutes of the alarms going off. I think VT handled this very well.

And this is not another VT 4/16 thing. It was terrifying and awful, to say the least, but this was a crazy guy with a random act of violence that just happened to be around campus. Wish a sniper had gotten him, but glad he's gone. Please continue to pray for all the Hokies here and especially for the officer's family.

And than you all for your kind words and prayers, it is truly appreciated.

Can anyone down there provide me with any info on the police officer?

I know a few of the VT/BPD officers.

All I've gotten so far is 4 year vet, VT police. I'm pretty sure that eliminates everyone I know. Not that that makes it any better, but still.

I'm really struggling to put this to words. Its just unfair. To be known as a school that has had a massacre and now this, its just unfair.

Also, the gunman wasn't the driver of the pulled over car. Was some random, punkass *****, sick in the head.

Obviously that doesn't make it any better. My head hurts, I'm gonna take a break from this. DMH I hope it wasn't a friend of yours. He was a friend of someone's but I hope you don't have to suffer a loss of a personal friend. (I don't know how to really say that without sounded insincere.

Anyway, my head hurts. And I'm off to make poor, alcohol related decisions (do not judge me). As I said, thanks again to everyone. I'll either check back in tonight when I'm hammered or tomorrow. Take care everyone.

Also, the gunman wasn't the driver of the pulled over car. Was some random, punkass *****, sick in the head.

Obviously that doesn't make it any better. My head hurts, I'm gonna take a break from this. DMH I hope it wasn't a friend of yours. He was a friend of someone's but I hope you don't have to suffer a loss of a personal friend. (I don't know how to really say that without sounded insincere.

Anyway, my head hurts. And I'm off to make poor, alcohol related decisions (do not judge me). As I said, thanks again to everyone. I'll either check back in tonight when I'm hammered or tomorrow. Take care everyone.

No judgement.

Just be careful.

They identified the victim.

http://twitter.com/thekeyplay/statuses/144966123539013633

THE POLICE OFFICER THAT DIED TODAY HAD 5 KIDS AND WIFE. DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN WITH HOW TERRIBLE THAT NEWS IS.

http://twitter.com/WDBJ7/statuses/144965643085692928

Crouse is a former employee of the New River Valley Jail, Montgomery County Sheriff's Department and was a U.S. army veteran

Archived