Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shots fired on VT Campus

RedskinFeathers

CollegiateTimesCollegiate Times

Students are reporting shots near Torgersen Hall

So they managed to get from the PAB to Torg? Thats a decent run without anyone spotting him. Its doable, but I'd imagine that whole area is filled with police by now

Doesn't sound like the PAB guy was actually the suspect.

Yeah, the description of the performing arts guy didn't match what the suspected shooter was wearing, not exactly anyway. I'd stay indoors awhile longer.

On another note, what is going on with Va. Tech and guns in recent years? I thought at first someone had bumped the old thread from Seung-Hui Cho until I saw the date stamp.

Official statement from Virginia Tech-

Shortly after 12 p.m. today, a Virginia Tech Police officer stopped a vehicle on campus during a routine traffic stop in the Coliseum parking lot near McComas Hall

During the traffic stop. the officer was shot and killed. There were witnesses to this shooting.

Witnesses reported to police the shooter fled on foot heading toward the Cage, a parking lot near Duck Pond Drive. At that parking lot, a second person was found. That person is also deceased.

Several law enforcement agencies have responded to assist. Virginia State police has been requested to take lead in the investigation

Status of the shooter is unknown. The campus community should continue to shelter in place and visitors should not come to campus.

I mean the Feds have been here. I really don't know how he's gone all the way around campus. Like seriously, AROUND, not through.

They are evacuating the PA building and the library.

I need to stop following all these different reports. They're just changing.

I just want to go home. I can't deal with this again.

Archived