Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shots fired on VT Campus

RedskinFeathers

I remember when there was the last horrible shooting on the Tech campus several folks here said they were sick of hearing that the school should have gone on lock down. They said there was no way to lock down a campus as huge as Tech.

Well that's exactly what they did yesterday.

Uggghhh, WBC at it again...

Collegiate Times: "Members of the Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kan. announced plans to picket at the funeral of Virginia Tech Police Officer Deriek W. Crouse."

http://www.collegiatetimes.com/stories/18978/westboro-baptist-church-plans-to-picket-at-funeral-of-deriek-crouse

Seriously, they have no respect for human life.

Uggghhh, WBC at it again...

Collegiate Times: "Members of the Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kan. announced plans to picket at the funeral of Virginia Tech Police Officer Deriek W. Crouse."

http://www.collegiatetimes.com/stories/18978/westboro-baptist-church-plans-to-picket-at-funeral-of-deriek-crouse

Seriously, they have no respect for human life.

They are the worst kind of human being....

Officer Crouse has 5 kids that are going to be at the service.

WBC is absolutely disgusting.

My cousin, who lost his baby sister Reema at the original VT shooting, speaks about his reaction to the most recent shooting. He, his father, and his family have worked incredibly hard to modify the way that VT (and all schools) handle both gun laws on campus and reaction alerts when a crisis like this occurs. It obviously has paid dividends, and I'm very proud of him.

http://www.wusa9.com/video/1317525620001/1/Full-Interview-Omar-Samaha

Going to the funeral tomorrow.

Please pray for the Crouse family and that everyone has the patience to ignore WBC so they don't get any reactions they want. Ugh ...I can't even put into words how I feel about them, I'm just baffled as to how people can ever be like that. ****ers.

Any people willing to protest servicemen and women's death are scum. Exactly, ignore their presence. Don't give them the time of day cause they are not worth a second of it.

I remember when there was the last horrible shooting on the Tech campus several folks here said they were sick of hearing that the school should have gone on lock down. They said there was no way to lock down a campus as huge as Tech.

Well that's exactly what they did yesterday.

Sort of. You really can't lock down that campus. There's a hospital, a farm, an airport, etc in addition to the many dorms and classroom facilities. You can't lock it all down, but you can do a pretty good job with most of it. This time was helped significantly by it being reading day, when many students are no on campus anyway. The first time occurred during the morning rush when thousands of students and faculty were on the road. Part of the thought process that time - maybe true, maybe an excuse thought of later - was that it would work better to allow those in motion to arrive at their destination and then secure things. Not sure what the current plans are. Would it really help to lock the buildings during rush hour, stranding thousands of people outside?

The shooter has been identified as Ross Ashley, a business management student at Radford University and former student at the University of Virginia's College at Wise.

http://www.collegiatetimes.com/stories/18971/alleged-shooter-identified-as-ross-ashley

This is a truly bizarre crime. Has anything new come out as to motive?

This is a truly bizarre crime. Has anything new come out as to motive?

I haven't seen anything. What led him to steal the SUV at gunpoint from his rental office the day before, and where did he go between then and showing up at VT to kill the officer at random?

His only prior contact with police as a speeding ticket in October.

It's as disconnected as "Strangers on a train".

I haven't seen anything. What led him to steal the SUV at gunpoint from his rental office the day before, and where did he go between then and showing up at VT to kill the officer at random?

His only prior contact with police as a speeding ticket in October.

It's as disconnected as "Strangers on a train".

If I read that correctly, he killed the officer while on foot. Or am I misreading that?

I thought this was a traffic stop where the driver shot an officer. While bizarre, that kind of crime does happen on occasion.

This crime makes no sense.

We have a twenty-something college student with no criminal record. He was apparently a good student too. He steals a car at gunpoint and drives 15 miles to Blacksburg apparently 24 hours later. He doesn't seem to have any connection to VT. He then ditches the car and randomly kills an officer. He then changes clothes, runs to a compeltely random part of campus, and kills himself.

The only explanation that makes sense is some kind of undiagnosed mental illness - though there seems to be some kind of "planning" here.

They are the worst kind of human being....

Officer Crouse has 5 kids that are going to be at the service.

WBC is absolutely disgusting.

I'm sure the Patriot Guard is all over this. I lost one of my best friends in Iraq a few years back and we had the family request their presence at the funeral. The lined up on either side of the road leading up to the cemetary and reved their engines as the funeral procession passed by. It's a little more intimidating to picket when a wing of the Hell's Angels is out there ready to throw down.

I agree, these people deserve to be naturally selected.

If I read that correctly' date=' he killed the officer while on foot. Or am I misreading that?

I thought this was a traffic stop where the driver shot an officer. While bizarre, that kind of crime does happen on occasion.

This crime makes no sense.

We have a twenty-something college student with no criminal record. He was apparently a good student too. He steals a car at gunpoint and drives 15 miles to Blacksburg apparently 24 hours later. He doesn't seem to have any connection to VT. He then ditches the car and randomly kills an officer. He then changes clothes, runs to a compeltely random part of campus, and kills himself.

The only explanation that makes sense is some kind of undiagnosed mental illness - though there seems to be some kind of "planning" here.[/quote']

I don't get why killed officer Crouse. It just doesn't make sense. After he did that though, I'm guessing his intention was to somehow hijack another car from the cage, but when he heard the police coming, he felt like he had no way out and decided to kill himself.

Archived