Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Unbelievable sound in Seattle

Redskins Ruckus

Seattle is CLEARLY violating the NFL rules on club controlled sound.

Club-Controlled Sound: The home club does not have the prerogative to decide if such sound hampers signal calling. While spontaneous crowd noises may be beyond immediate control, noise of any kind (music, horns, gongs, drums, etc.) that is under club control must cease when the play clock (40 or 25 second) is running and the visiting team is in possession of the ball.

I've said it before: that disgusting hole of a city does not deserve an NFL franchise. Removing the Sonics was a good start.

I like Seattle. My brother 2 cousins and an aunt and uncle live(ed) there. Been to the town quite a bit. My Bro lived on Whidby Is. But, maybe it's just because there's green there instead of this brown dry wind blown moonscape called Wyoming.

Fedex will be plenty loud... just have to give them something to cheer about. Its hard to go nuts over teams that average around 5-6 wins a year for 20 years.

I was at the 2006 JAX OT win -place was nuts.

Also - the 2010 Green Bay OT win - deafening.

Give them wins and the decibles will follow!

I've said it before: that disgusting hole of a city does not deserve an NFL franchise. Removing the Sonics was a good start.

Uh...impartial guy here, but from everything that I've seen and heard, Seattle is a beautiful city, outside the unending rain.

Also, did anyone else hear a whistle that sounded suspiciously like a referee whistle, or was that just me? Something like that shouldn't be allowed

... are they gonna frisk everyone's pants for a baby whistle?? You can barely hear distinct crowd noise from the field FYI. Anything you hear is directly related to around you, or some sort of speaker near you. The field is a different sound all together.

The stadium was not that loud yesterday, I've been to several games there, and its been much louder. The only time it even got loud was their score, the blocked kicks and a couple 3rd downs. Otherwise, I thought it was really tame.

The fans were fine, nothing crazy- just the standard boos. There was a lot of B&G in the stadium. I just watched the game on DVR, and saw even more than I realized being there. We had over 30 people at the Fox Sports bar Sat night, and a few of us went to the Fairmont and met some players. It rained and rained during the tailgate, but we had a decent turn out, and some stragglers came by who didn't even know about it, but saw us. I'll post a thread tomorrow w some pics.

... are they gonna frisk everyone's pants for a baby whistle?? You can barely hear distinct crowd noise from the field FYI. Anything you hear is directly related to around you, or some sort of speaker near you. The field is a different sound all together.

Sorry, I forgot to draw from my years of on field experience before posting, my bad, I'll do better next time

Fedex will be plenty loud... just have to give them something to cheer about. Its hard to go nuts over teams that average around 5-6 wins a year for 20 years.

I was at the 2006 JAX OT win -place was nuts.

Also - the 2010 Green Bay OT win - deafening.

Give them wins and the decibles will follow!

While the whole winning makes it loud thing maybe true Seattle has remained loud even though they play in a crappy conference and are not very good. Unless you consider being the first under 500 team to make the playoffs as good.

LJS, it was loud. The only thing I can compare it against is FedEx field. I have no clue what all the conspiracy theories are out there. I just know it was loud. Anyways, it was a great game to watch. I didn't fly out there specifically for the 'Skins. I have family out there and it was a holiday weekend. Two birds, one stone.

Archived