Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A look at the QB situation of all teams who could draft ahead of the Skins

SkinsNoles21

And if you people think that Luck is going to want to sit one year behind Manning what are you smoking? A QB like him is going to want to go to a team that is his fans, FO, and players on his team all know its his team to lead. That will not be the case in Indy. Luck is all about legacy and being the best. He probably got the confidence that he's a top NFL QB right now. A player like him don't want no part of the bench. That's probably one of the reasons why Eli didn't want to go to SD cause Brees was there. Just saying Luck ain't going to Indy if Manning is there.

Lets assume for a moment that we're forced to trade up to get our guy.

How much are you guys willing to give up?

I expect the price to be steep due to our perceived desperation.

Assuming its not for Luck, but RG3.....I would trade this years first and 2012 first. Maybe throw in a 3rd or 4th rounder.

But only for RG3.

Edit: I took Luck out because his price tag is tooooo high for me.

Lets assume for a moment that we're forced to trade up to get our guy.

How much are you guys willing to give up?

I expect the price to be steep due to our perceived desperation.

Agree. We are going to appear desperate and if it looks like we are close to competeing after FA is done and all we need is a QB to start to turn this thing around, the price will be much higher.

The more we win, the higher the price

The winner of the ARI/CLE game is out of the picture. I see Arizona going line with what they've invested in Kolb. They may go QB second or third round, but they will be dumbasses to throw in a rookie QB with a line that Rotoworld rated 31st before the season began. They have some decent pieces right now and just need to sure up that line ASAP. I think Cleveland likes McCoy and every mock I've seen recently has them going after Trent Richardson. KC could be trouble, but they gave Cassel close to $30M guaranteed and could be a playoff team next year with Charles back. Seattle will win another game or two down the stretch. I like our chances at getting Barkley if we lose out (maybe even if we beat MIN). As people have already said, JAX will stick with Gabbert.

---------- Post added November-29th-2011 at 03:54 PM ----------

Manning will still play at a high level for several more years, it would be stupid to draft a QB at #1 and waste 3 years of his career on the bench. That's assuming a #1 QB would be willing to do that -which he wouldn't.

With a trade down the Colts can still get a good QB prospect, get a **** ton of other picks to get some more help for their awful team, and still have a legendary QB on the roster who can win them a Super Bowl in the near future. Trading down is win-win-win for them.

Everything is a win-win for them right now. Trade down with us, pick up Barkley and a ton of other picks, get a 2013 first from us, and put more pieces around Manning for a few more years with a stud QB in waiting.

Colts are absolutely going with Luck. Polian stated today, or it might have been yesterday, that he is willing to keep Manning and also draft Luck. It really makes sense too now that rookie salaries have been scaled way back. They can see if Manning provides another Super Bowl win (for perhaps the next year or 2 and also will have their QB for the next 10+ years. They're in a much better spot then people think (I really believe Manning may well never play again though given the nature and seriousness of his injury). Obviously they still need to deal with all the money he is contractually obligated to get.

Manning will be back in Indy by week 14 to win 2 games and take them out of the Luck sweepstakes to preserve his career there.

just remember, if we do not walk away with a young QB to groom (preferably in round 1), shanahans tenure here is doomed.

the only way its not doomed is if he literally strikes gold on every other pick in this draft, because another season with rex, regardless of how good the rest of the team is, is 6-10. thatd be 3 years in a row of sub 500 football, with no QB in sight.

I have a feeling Miami and Seattle will beat us out of the Top 3. Indy will pick Luck, Miami (probably) with RGIII, and Seattle with Barkley.

But whatever, I do NOT want us trading up for any of them. Period.

Why not? We have other needs, but by far the biggest need is at QB. If we have to trade up to get a franchise QB, you do it.

Why not? We have other needs, but by far the biggest need is at QB. If we have to trade up to get a franchise QB, you do it.
Completely agree with this. We have to solve this issue in order to ever having a hope of being consistently in contention.

The winner of the ARI/CLE game is out of the picture. I see Arizona going line with what they've invested in Kolb. They may go QB second or third round, but they will be dumbasses to throw in a rookie QB with a line that Rotoworld rated 31st before the season began. They have some decent pieces right now and just need to sure up that line ASAP. I think Cleveland likes McCoy and every mock I've seen recently has them going after Trent Richardson. KC could be trouble, but they gave Cassel close to $30M guaranteed and could be a playoff team next year with Charles back. Seattle will win another game or two down the stretch. I like our chances at getting Barkley if we lose out (maybe even if we beat MIN). As people have already said, JAX will stick with Gabbert.

I guess I'll be rooting for Ariz then. The problem with Cleveland is that, if they want a QB, they'll get him. They have 3 1st round picks over the next two drafts with which to deal, so they could win out and still be in a position to trade up. If Ariz wins, they're out of the race with significantly less ammo to move up with.

Agreed as well. A franchise QB lasts 10-12 years. A smart GM can build a solid offense around them in 2-3 years. That being said, I don't think we'll need to move up. Seattle probably finishes behind us due to SOS. Miami, the way they're playing, is 50-50 to be same W-L as us, but I'm not sure how their SOS compares.

Manning will still play at a high level for several more years, it would be stupid to draft a QB at #1 and waste 3 years of his career on the bench. That's assuming a #1 QB would be willing to do that -which he wouldn't.

With a trade down the Colts can still get a good QB prospect, get a **** ton of other picks to get some more help for their awful team, and still have a legendary QB on the roster who can win them a Super Bowl in the near future. Trading down is win-win-win for them.

Because sitting on the bench is never a good thing for a QB...

See Rodgers, Aaron.

I can see Miami beating anyone on their schedule minus New England. They play every game tough.

lol and we don't? Beck game's weren't close but he's not playing anymore so forget that. Other than that, with Rex, the only game that's been badly out of reach was Philly.

This isn't hard, the Colts will take Luck and Peyton is likely to retire. If not nobody knows what happens but Luck will be a Colt.

Of all the bad teams Miami, Seattle, and us need QBs very badly. A team like Cleveland or Kansas City could take one in the first round but all of the other teams with bad records have enough of a QB that they probably won't take one.

It is my understanding that there are 4 potential first round caliber QBs if they all come out and 4 teams who need to draft QBs in the first round (including the Colts) and I'm not sure anyone would be trading up to get a QB (Buffalo?) so if they all enter the draft we should be able to get one. Whether Shanahan likes any of them is a different question.

Also we are signing Peyton Hillis to be the bruiser to Helu's quickness because Shanahan drafted Hillis.

I don't think Philly will be looking for a QB in the draft unless the entire organization gets fired. It's possible, but I don't think it's likely.

I think Philly might want to go after Blackmon if they're low enough. Jackson has been a problem child lately, and rumors have been swirling a lot. Trade Jackson for a 2nd rounder, replace him with Blackmon, grab 2 solid guys in the 2nd wherever they need people. It would probably work a lot better than trying to extricate themselves from the Vick contract so early.

I don't think Philly will be looking for a QB in the draft unless the entire organization gets fired. It's possible, but I don't think it's likely.

I think Philly might want to go after Blackmon if they're low enough. Jackson has been a problem child lately, and rumors have been swirling a lot. Trade Jackson for a 2nd rounder, replace him with Blackmon, grab 2 solid guys in the 2nd wherever they need people. It would probably work a lot better than trying to extricate themselves from the Vick contract so early.

Jackson is a FA this year. I don't blame him on the not trying to get hurt though. He is one of their best players and getting paid 500,000 this year. He outplayed that contract.

Just got back in the running for Barkley or Griffin with Seattle win over Philly. Here's the deal: We can beat the Jets, and I expect that game to be competitive. However, if we lose, and then lose to the Pat's which will be expected that would be nine losses. It will be interesting to see what the Shanahan's do. Just close with Rex, or go back to Beck or the dude on the practice squad.

Teams who would consider drafting a quarterback and their remaining schedule.

Miami Dolphins (3-8)

vs Oakland

vs Philadelphia

@ Buffalo

@ New England

vs New York Jets

Cleveland Browns (4-7)

vs Baltimore

@ Pittsburgh

@ Arizona

@ Baltimore

vs Pittsburgh

Kansas City Chiefs (4-7)

@ Chicago

@ New York

vs Green Bay

vs Oakland

@ Denver

Seattle Seahawks (5-7)

vs St. Louis

@ Chicago

vs San Francisco

@ Arizona

Denver Broncos (6-5)

@ Minnesota

vs Chicago

vs New England

@ Buffalo

vs Kansas City

Teams who would consider drafting a quarterback and their remaining schedule.

I can't see Chiefs going first round. Cassel has been good. If he comes back, they might go later rounds for a guy.

Broncos probably aren't a threat. They somehow keep winning. Hell if I know how.

If the Browns somehow decide to buy Barkley or Griffin, how would people feel about trading for McCoy? He is greatly improved from last year and mainly is stuck with a team with very little talent around him. The Skins have better O talent than the Browns? (I'll qualify this by saying I still want us getting Barkley/ Griffin)

Archived