Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A look at the QB situation of all teams who could draft ahead of the Skins

SkinsNoles21

The problem with your logic is that Indy's situation is unprecedented. When was the last time a team with a great QB (and is still considered great when healthy) completely tanked the season like this? I don't think you can use past history to predict what Indy will do. I think there is little doubt that they need to address the QB position this offseason, even if they determine that Manning is healthy. Now, whether that will be Luck or another QB, that is another question.

Yeah, I'm one who thinks that Luck and Manning can coexist on the same team, tho I don't think that's a situation that can last longer than a season.

Colts have a great situation man if you think about it. If Manning is healthy why even consider Luck if you know you will get additional high picks for the spot? hell you can use those picks to get some much needed talent and then with a later round pick you can get a QB who can learn from the very best.

The problem with your logic is that Indy's situation is unprecedented. When was the last time a team with a great QB (and is still considered great when healthy) completely tanked the season like this? I don't think you can use past history to predict what Indy will do. I think there is little doubt that they need to address the QB position this offseason, even if they determine that Manning is healthy. Now, whether that will be Luck or another QB, that is another question.

Yeah, I'm one who thinks that Luck and Manning can coexist on the same team, tho I don't think that's a situation that can last longer than a season.

I just view it from the perspective of a business owner. Sure, having Manning back for another year, possibly 2 is great for Indy (maybe they even win it all once more w/him). Setting yourself up for the next 10+ years with a great young QB in Luck is even better. They can actually accomplish both (though unlikely) by drafting Luck. Too much upside in taking him @ the #1 spot.

People got to ask themselves this question. Are you going to pass up on Barkley or RG3 because you got McCoy? Like really. If we get a 3rd round QB and we have a chance to get a better one the following year in the Draft than I'm gonna take that QB. Especially if that QB falls to where I'm picking.

The Skins passed on Gabbert for Grossman and/or Beck. So yeah,..I could see the Browns passing on a 1st round QB to give the kid another year. He's not played that bad considering he has no weapons.

So true. I'm thinking the situations in Arizona, KC, Tampa, and San Diego are also up in the air, which could mean the job security of guys like Kolb, Cassell, Freeman, and Rivers (after the season he has had) are far from certain.

I agree with you on Cassell though I think the Chiefs will be drafting after us. Freeman and Rivers are going nowhere (and if they are I would take either, especially Rivers in a heartbeat in a trade). Kolb is interesting, if they keep the same coaching staff I think he gets at least another year and I don't think they take a QB high, if they fire the coach anything could happen.

I think the other variable you think about is a team like Miamhoard maybe the Chiefs who need a QB but might be picking behind us trading up into the top 5 past us like the Jets did a couple of years back to take Sanchez.

The wild card to watch out for is how many teams make coaching changes who then may want to make a QB change.

Yep and Jacksonville could be such a candidate to include. Gabbert's looking bad and was pulled for McCown Sunday.

TK, do you have an opinion on Ryan Tannehill? I happen to like the guy quite a bit.

I just view it from the perspective of a business owner. Sure, having Manning back for another year, possibly 2 is great for Indy (maybe they even win it all once more w/him). Setting yourself up for the next 10+ years with a great young QB in Luck is even better. They can actually accomplish both (though unlikely) by drafting Luck. Too much upside in taking him @ the #1 spot.

Have you watched a Colts game this year? Neither Manning or Luck play defense or O'Line and the Colts have huge issues in both areas - they have a lot of holes. If Manning is healthy I think they will take a package to add some pieces around Manning to retool. Without fixing that defense they are not winning a Championship whoever is at QB.

They probably have a new coach as well which might change the dynamic.

What I don't get it why people on this board overrate these qb prospects so much...Luck, Barkley and RGIII might as well be named Montana, Marino, and Brady the way people talk about them here

It is kinda funny to see how things turn out. At this time in 2009, Jimmy Clausen was a can't-miss, NFL-ready football hero, and Tim Tebow was going to be drafted mid-4th round and play h-back.

I hardly watch any college football, so I don't have an opinion of any of them until they're actually playing in the NFL. I'll probably get gay about whoever we pick.

Have you watched a Colts game this year? Neither Manning or Luck play defense or O'Line and the Colts have huge issues in both areas - they have a lot of holes. If Manning is healthy I think they will take a package to add some pieces around Manning to retool. Without fixing that defense they are not winning a Championship whoever is at QB.

They probably have a new coach as well which might change the dynamic.

They should have a new coach and GM in my opinion. You can't go from a lock to make the playoffs every year to the WORST TEAM EVER

because of one player I don't care who it is.

What do people think will happen in the event that Luck (obviously), RG3, and Barkley are off the board when we pick? I really am not sold on Landry Jones and have seen or heard nothing to convince me otherwise? Do we address another position or do you think we trade up this year to ensure that we can pick one of these guys?

What do people think will happen in the event that Luck (obviously), RG3, and Barkley are off the board when we pick? I really am not sold on Landry Jones and have seen or heard nothing to convince me otherwise? Do we address another position or do you think we trade up this year to ensure that we can pick one of these guys?

this is what im 100% completely terrified of.

I think we will trade up so we can get the guy Shanny wants including possibly the number 1 overall if the Colts are willing to deal.

and we waste another year? we cant just keep saying "we'll get a QB next year". we're already late to that party, taking another year off is a nightmare.

My thoughts exactly. Thats why I was livid yesterday with the game. We won a meaningless game to either A) Miss out on the QB's coming out B) Spend draft picks to move up.

and we waste another year? we cant just keep saying "we'll get a QB next year". we're already late to that party, taking another year off is a nightmare.

Why is the idea of taking someone like Kellen Moore taking a year off? Last I checked, he's a QB. I also wouldn't say he'd be necessarily warming a seat in this town. (Whether he's ready is another question.)

The worst thing you can do is make a move in desperation rather than make one that is smart for your football team. I agree with Botched that it is hard to believe we won't draft a QB of some sort. Then again, I've believed that the past two years.

---------- Post added November-28th-2011 at 03:06 PM ----------

My thoughts exactly. Thats why I was livid yesterday with the game. We won a meaningless game to either A) Miss out on the QB's coming out B) Spend draft picks to move up.

It isn't meaningless to the players or the coaching staff.

So the players feel good about them selves? Whoopdi Do

Part of building a football team is learning to win. It isn't solely about talent. Considering that high picks are no guarantee of quality players anyways, I've always been in favor of doing as well as possible and the draft will sort itself out. No one player is a savior for a franchise.

Why is the idea of taking someone like Kellen Moore taking a year off? Last I checked, he's a QB. I also wouldn't say he'd be necessarily warming a seat in this town. (Whether he's ready is another question.)

The worst thing you can do is make a move in desperation rather than make one that is smart for your football team. I agree with Botched that it is hard to believe we won't draft a QB of some sort. Then again, I've believed that the past two years.

moore is 5'11 195 pounds and comes from a gimmicky offense. if shanahan drafts him i think thats more like taking his tenure here off.

ive been told for 2 years this class is full of awesome QBs. nobody will be a reach at this point for us, and drafting a talented QB out of college is never a reach.

---------- Post added November-28th-2011 at 03:18 PM ----------

So the players feel good about them selves? Whoopdi Do

lol, yeah ill never get that either.

If Barkley RGIII and Luck are off the board when we pick we NEED to go with Alshon Jeffrey then get a QB in the 2nd even if its a little bit of a reach. Thats assuming we dont trade up with anyone and for some reason no one is left when we pick tho i have a feeling we will still have a top 5 draft pick.

Archived