Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Finally some life shown at the WR position (Hankerson)

Uno Mas

Although encouraged by yesterday's performance I don't see a big strong guy that is scrappy who will fight for yards. Something about the guy screams weak, fragile, injury prone.

You don't always need a guy who fights for extra yardage. You need a guy who is going to get yardage and get open. Those are the first steps. If you can find a guy who can do that, you're already better off. Finding a guy who scraps for yards but doesn't get open does us no good.

There is still a lot to be said for how good Hankerson can be. But he proved yesterday that he CAN play.

It's hard to assess talent at skill positions with a below average QB and a banged up O-line. I wonder how good Hankerson is compared to guys like Titus Young, Greg Little, Torrey Smith, Jonathan Baldwin, D Moore (I won't even mention Julio in this list).

..... I can't wait until we get a Legit QB and Depth on the O-line. Who knows... we could have ballers in Hankerson and Helu.

Per rotoworld:

Redskins WR Leonard Hankerson required the use of crutches after straining his hip in Sunday's loss to the Dolphins.

Hankerson assured that his hip was just "a little sore," but rarely does someone who is only "a little sore" need crutches. Hankerson is a good bet to miss some practice this week, and will likely be questionable on Friday's injury report. With eight catches for 106 yards Sunday, Hankerson became the first rookie Redskins wideout to go over 100 yards receiving in a game since 2001.

Hank didn't Stank! I'll reserve my complete acceptance of his performance as proof that I was wrong about him until he goes more than one game without a big drop.

But the kid looked really good. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe. (It rarely happens) (: Just kidding.

Probably right - I was just using him as an example. We need some speed and weapons on offense as well as at least one starter on the O'Line and I think Shanny has already been quoted as saying that we need at least two significant free agent signings on offense - I think one of them will be at receiver.

Hmm, at least two significant free agent signings. That sounds promising, but did he say free agent or acquisitions on offense, because that could include draft picks.

Regardless, we do need to make some moves at WR. Anthony Armstrong looks to be a one year wonder. We need to add speed somehow. I would hope for Aldrick Robinson to be that guy, but the chances are slim.

I would suggest we add this through the draft, but with so many holes this free agency (Perry Riley is I think our ILB under contract) there's a pretty good chance that it won't get addressed.

My mistake. Probably the last time we had a rookie get 100 yards would have been Rod Gardner

I never could understand what happened to Rod Gardner.

This guy had a 200-yard receiving game as a rookie, with Tony freaking Banks at QB. It looked like he was going to be something special. Then by year 5, he was completely irrelevant. Receivers are supposed to get better after their first couple seasons, 50/50 went the other way.

This guy had a 200-yard receiving game as a rookie, with Tony freaking Banks at QB. It looked like he was going to be something special. Then by year 5, he was completely irrelevant. Receivers are supposed to get better after their first couple seasons, 50/50 went the other way.

Terrible work ethic.

The typical attitude of being drafted was the culmination of work,, not the beginning of it.

~Bang

You answered your own question Botched. He was incredibly talented, quick, big, and a good route runner. His only problems were that he didnt know how to catch with his hands, and that he didnt have that desire to continuously improve that all the great ones have. He just never struck me as the type who WANTED the ball.

The saddest thing is that he was probably still the best 2nd reciever that our team has had in the last 15 years...

Yeah.. that's helpful.

I think Moss, Gaffney, Hank, Paul and Armstrong/Austin can be plenty effective for us.

So we got WR and TE locked on offense.

bring on the QB and Oline

I'm still not sold on all of our WR's. I like Moss, Gaffney, Hank, as good #2 and #3 receivers. however, i think that we still need that TRUE number 1 receiver like Calvin Johnson

I'm still not sold on all of our WR's. I like Moss, Gaffney, Hank, as good #2 and #3 receivers. however, i think that we still need that TRUE number 1 receiver like Calvin Johnson

you do realize 31 other teams would like a Calvin Johnson, he is a once in a decade type player.

Archived