Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Finally some life shown at the WR position (Hankerson)

Uno Mas

Yeah.. that's helpful.

I think Moss, Gaffney, Hank, Paul and Armstrong/Austin can be plenty effective for us.

So we got WR and TE locked on offense.

bring on the QB and Oline

I like Hank & Paul as part of the future, but I'm not sold at all on Armstrong or Austin. Armstrong has not been getting any separation all season and his stats are Roydell Williams 'esque. Austin to me seems like he might be the football equivalent of a AAAA player. He shows well in the preseason but when he goes against big league talent he just can't get it done. This wr corp still needs more speed. Moss should be in the slot. Hankerson and Paul could move the chains. We don't have that one guy who can blow the top off a defense downfield. We may not need a #1, but we need a #2 to stretch the field that will force coordinators to keep a safety back. Someone in the mold of a Torrey Smith would be perfect IMO.....

I'm still not sold on all of our WR's. I like Moss, Gaffney, Hank, as good #2 and #3 receivers. however, i think that we still need that TRUE number 1 receiver like Calvin Johnson

Aaaaannnd there are only 3 guys like him in the NFL. Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald.

There are other extremely good #1's, but they usually compare more to Hankerson than Calvin Johnson in style.

---------- Post added November-14th-2011 at 01:15 PM ----------

I like Hank & Paul as part of the future, but I'm not sold at all on Armstrong or Austin. Armstrong has not been getting any separation all season and his stats are Roydell Williams 'esque. Austin to me seems like he might be the football equivalent of a AAAA player. He shows well in the preseason but when he goes against big league talent he just can't get it done. This wr corp still needs more speed. Moss should be in the slot. Hankerson and Paul could move the chains. We don't have that one guy who can blow the top off a defense downfield. We may not need a #1, but we need a #2 to stretch the field that will force coordinators to keep a safety back. Someone in the mold of a Torrey Smith would be perfect IMO.....

Hankerson ran a 4.4 40 yard. He stretches the field. Some of his short catches were because corners were playing way off of him. The guy has some serious talent, he can run the entire route tree incredibly well.

But what you're saying is that we A) need a better QB to hit him with the deep ball, and B) need a speedster to draw safety coverage away from him which gives him the chance for a 1on1 shot deep.

Yeah.. that's helpful.

I think Moss, Gaffney, Hank, Paul and Armstrong/Austin can be plenty effective for us.

So we got WR and TE locked on offense.

bring on the QB and Oline

I wouldnt say we have WR locked up, but having Hank play well is definitely good for us. We should try to pick up a receiver in FA to give Luck or Barkley better targets.

I wouldnt say we have WR locked up, but having Hank play well is definitely good for us. We should try to pick up a receiver in FA to give Luck or Barkley better targets.

Hankerson on the outside. Moss in the slot. Davis at TE.

I don't think we have WR locked up but I do think it's good enough to not spend a draft pick on a WR.

Hankerson on the outside. Moss in the slot. Davis at TE.

I don't think we have WR locked up but I do think it's good enough to not spend a draft pick on a WR.

Yeah i agree with that, at least not an early one. Thats why i think we should get a WR in free agency, and draft other needs in the early rounds like QB, OL, and DB

I'm still not sold on all of our WR's. I like Moss, Gaffney, Hank, as good #2 and #3 receivers. however, i think that we still need that TRUE number 1 receiver like Calvin Johnson

I totally agree with you on this. Although we must draft a QB in this QB strong draft we have to use a high pick on either running back or Receiver. Time to upgrade the offensive talent on this team.

I totally agree with you on this. Although we must draft a QB in this QB strong draft we have to use a high pick on either running back or Receiver. Time to upgrade the offensive talent on this team.

I don't see any way they draft an RB or WR high in the draft, especially if Hank continues to develop positively and we bring in an FA WR like Bowe. As far as RB, the highest pick Shanahan has ever spent on one is the 2nd round with Portis. Generally, he has made a living off of finding guys in mid to late rounds who fit the ZBS and turning them into 1000 yard rushers. For the running game, I think our problem is more OL and OL depth as opposed to lack of talent at RB. I'd love it if we could get a good top end FA OL signing and then pick one or two more guys later in the draft to develop.

This "QB Strong Draft" will very flat, if some of the underclassmen decides to go back to school...

Luck, Jones, Griffin, and Barkley are all underclassmen.

Luck has said this is his last season in college, so he's a lock. Plus, his 1st round LT and 1st round RG are likely leaving too, and the TE is a senior.

But the other 3 are literally toss-ups. We need every one of them to declare.

Hank can be a number 1.

I know I'll get roasted for this, but with Moss on the downside of his career, I wouldn't be against bringing DeSean in as a #2 and rolling with Hank, Jackson, and Paul as our top three. It's doubtful that Jackson will be coming back to Philly next year. He would make a perfect #2, give us a deep threat and a returner who runs forward (what happened to you, Banks?). Thoughts?

I really don't think we need Bowe. In FA in would like to see them go after Grubbs, Nicks, Myers, or any other good Olinemen that can perform in this system. And try like hell to get a NT.

You think we need to get another NT? I would think QB/ILB/CB would be higher needs than NT. You don't like Cofield/Neild?

Hankerson looked like an NFL receiver out there and I was impressed. The coaches saw something in him to draft him in the 3rd and you can see the potential.

Now I want him to do it on a consistent level. I know he was in front of family and friends in Miami and that extra chip on his shoulder showed up when he was on the field.

Play like that against the secondary of the NFC East and I will keep on smiling.

Archived