Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thanks to ES: Milestones to Mayhem 10k posts

SWFLSkins

This is my 10,oooth post.

I want to thank the board Moderators for hosting a very level posting field and maintaining a forum in which most ideas float freely and discussion is encouraged. I also like to thank the posters who post here regularly and inject wit, knowledge and passion into the ExtremeSkins experience. Sometimes the most is learned when some abrasion is present as we grind out thoughts. Once in awhile a new poster comes here and enlightens us all with a fresh perspective on a topic and that is really great.

This year has been difficult as a fan, but then again so has the last several or dozen years. We suffered a tragic loss in the murder of Sean Taylor. My favorite position on the field is safety because of the violence and speed. I take no pleasure in the fact that Sean's killers were from right here in Ft. Myers where I live and raise a family. May his daughter grow up to remember that her Father was fully in the process of fulfilling his life's purpose and had recently steered in the right direction.

When I came to Ft. Myers not knowing many people twenty two years ago I joined The SouthWest Florida Redskins FanClub and got to meet a bunch of great people from the DMV area. I eventually at the request of the founding father took over the club after some fiscal concerns and for six years turned the club into a fund raising entity. Raising money for charity offset the dismal product on the field. I watched as the club went from a high of 200+ members to twenty+ mainly because of DTV Sunday Ticket and the teams turnover and record. As a fan this is something that I am really proud of, We made an impact locally in the name of the Redskins.

I hope that I have added to the quality of the board even when disagreeing with someone. I know there are times I have crossed the line and never claimed I was better than anyone else. If I crossed you I am sorry, not all my days are filled with ease.

Times certainly have changed. I used to hurry downtown in Ft. Myers on Wednesdays to the big Library to see if the last weeks Washington Posts had come in to get the news on the Redskins. Often they did not arrive and I would go weeks without updates or had to call someone back home. I did not want to rely on television for facts, hahha. We then got the internet boards on AOL and CBS sports. Loosely moderated and heavily trolled there were mine fields littered with little intelligible information and exchange. Sure there were some good posters back then, but it was like war. Appreciate this board not for what it is not, but for what it is.

I think for me the Redskins represent a journey like life. It has it's ups and downs for sure, but there are times of utter joy. And fear not, the future will hold magical moments again. You just have to have the nuts to weather the storm, the Sun is on the horizon. And I am a big Fan. I survived Norv, Spurrier and the Snyderatto regime, so nothing is going to change my loyalty to the B&G

Thanks for reading this or not. Let's cheer for the team from ole DC.

And yes, this thread would be worthless without pics. You know I love me some pics.

from FedEX south II

2007_1125montereytampa20085.jpg

2006_1119novo6skins0028-1.jpg

2007_1125montereytampa20015.jpg

and the gratuitous cheerleader with pwned-age.....

6160679921_8fb1df2620_m.jpg

Welcome to the 'Club' bro. Great to have ya' :cheers:

See Burgold for your welcome pack, and Hitman21ST for the beer and cookies. (I'm just a junior so all you get from me is a hearty slap on the back and welcome to the newest 10k member. :D.).

Joking aside, Burgold has started a great tradition with folk marking their 10,000 post with an individual piece; and all 4 have been different and unique reflections of a part of their Redskin fandom; the latest of which SWFL was a pleasure to read and say's a heck of a lot about SWFL the man when we read all the great, money raising work you do for your local community.

Here's to the next 10k man. Your a great addition to the rich fabric of this place of ours we like to call home. :chestram:

See what good things happen now you've finally come around to the losing out philosophy? :evilg:

Hail.

Welcome to the 'Club' bro. Great to have ya' :cheers:

See what good things happen now you've finally come around to the losing out philosophy? :evilg:

Hail.

Thanks guys for the comments, I appreciate it.

And this goes down as my 10,000 and 1st post,

On Sean Taylor thread....

How often do you think of Sean...

Someones post......Not often but more than someone who is not related to him should......

Probably true. However and it is selfish, I can't help but think about how different the Redskins Defense would be if he were lining up. Sean played old school football. He was a game changer at the moment when the game seemed over. Some guys are good, some guys are great, some transcend the game not only with physical talent but with heart and leadership. When I think of Sean Taylor, losing out never comes to mind.

I can't believe that you've wasted my time over 10,000 times. Wow.

Kidding!

I do look forward to your posts. May not always agree, but I don't skip them over!

Thanks again and these days we agree more than disagree. I also look forward to your posts and enjoy your perspectives as crazy as they are. j/k hahaha.

You know a special thanks to Hap for taking up the task of keeping us informed, Bubba surely would be honored.

---------- Post added November-6th-2011 at 11:16 AM ----------

:Great 10k post welcome to the 10K club, please pay your dues on time. :ols:

First months free?

Lol!! This is a who's who of 10k members.

Can u take guest into the executive restroom? I'd like to see it!!

I'm a member on other forums (not football related) and this is by far the best forum. People actually post and contribute and help other people out. I definitely enjoy this place very much........ except after losses!!! Hahahahaa

Well done............

For getting this in before the cooling off period starts. Thats forward thinking for you. Genius...:ols:

Congrats on the milestone SWFL. :cheers:

hahhaa' date=' never thought of that, but brilliant subconscious move. Thanks.

---------- Post added November-6th-2011 at 11:43 AM ----------

Good stuff SWFL.

Enjoy the executive bathroom. It's glorious.

DSCF0022.jpg

I was in the Ring of Fame Hall for the first time and asked to use the restroom, I was led to these doors and walked out with the doors slamming behind me only to find this......

ExecutiveToilet.jpg

I enjoy reading your posts SWFL. Congrats, bro
Way to go! You are certainly an asset to this site indeed.

Also, by posting in your thread, I just got one post closer to 10,000. Thanks buddy! :)

Congrats on 10k - I enjoy your posts and respect your opinions. Hopefully today will be a good day for the skins!
Well done............

For getting this in before the cooling off period starts. Thats forward thinking for you. Genius...:ols:

Congrats on the milestone SWFL. :cheers:

Thanks for the comments' date=' they are much appreciated.

Thats high praise indeed, thank you.

And you have earned it.

Archived