Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Five Years Later: November 5, 2006; The Hand of G-d Play

NewCliche21

I was there also, thanks to my good friend Joe D'Agrosa. I can't describe how I felt when all that happened. That was either 1 or 2 years after the famous "Mommas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys" game where Cooley shredded the Boys for a million TD's.

Thanks for THAT! That was a GREAT game and I was also lucky enough to have been there that day too! WOW that was just SO fantastic. Everybody was in the parking lot, still scratching our collective heads, remembering / trying to figure out what just happened, while simultaneously going crazy cuz we beat dallas!

Sean Taylor - what a FANTASTIC player, what a huge loss.

In Judaism, we don't write out the name unless it's never, ever going to be destroyed/deleted/thrown away/whatever.

Yeah, the 2006 victories were all pretty good ones. And November 5 could be a Monday night game!

Yeah you don't write out the PERSONAL name of God (The one that begins with "Y") but "God" can be written out.

I was in 454 row 8 seat 16. I said to myself "I want that jersey." But I knew I'd never get it.

Several years later it appeared out of nowhere on josportsco.com.

And a few days after that, it appeared on my wall.

I've seen this play probably 200 times and I never get tired of it. I still get chills.

Mark, THAT is bad ass!

Always great to watch a sweet moment of victory, but whats up with the tiny t.v. ?? lol

LOL, not mine, was just going through the YouTube clips.

Yeah you don't write out the PERSONAL name of God (The one that begins with "Y") but "God" can be written out.

Been Jewish for a minute or two, but thanks for the advice. :)

Just watched it again about 5 times in a row, Two of my sons, who were 9 and 6 at the time, got a real kick out of watching it again. My 14 year old said, "If Sean had cut back toward the sidelines, he'd have scored". Gotta love that optimism! :)

...and then Dallas had to wait 3 hrs at BWI....LOL

12:38 PM CST on Monday, November 6, 2006

By TODD ARCHER / The Dallas Morning News

LANDOVER, Md. – They walked off the field through the tunnel stunned. They sat at their lockers stunned.

"Just when you think you've seen everything there is to see," Cowboys linebacker Akin Ayodele said, shaking his head and then asking for a moment inside the quiet locker room.

As they walked to the buses, they were still stunned. And their mood worsened while sitting on the tarmac at Baltimore/Washington International Airport for three hours, waiting for a different plane to take them home.

Full article here:

http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstorync/stories/110606cpcowlede.1a19cee.html

This was my favorite game I've ever been to. It was a pretty good game & I remember how Witten caught the pass that put the Cowboys in position for the FGA. When that happened, most of what I saw was all the Redskins fans in the surrounding sections reaching for the rails, while all the Cowboys fans were celebrating...early as it would turn out. When the kick was blocked, the crowd was so loud, we couldn't even hear what the ref announced about the 1 untimed down & we had no idea where the ball was marked after the 15 yard penalty. We were figuring on OT, but when we saw Novak running out onto the field, we held our breath. The kick went up & it kissed the upright & FedExField went insane! The look on the Cowboys fans faces was priceless.

That said, that whole sequence of events is my favorite all-time Redskins moment.

I miss Sean.

That game was a lot of things for me.

Most improbable reversal of fortunes in any game I've ever seen.

Most amazing play I've ever seen live.

My favorite moment at Fed Ex. Probably the most nuts I've ever seen the place. More than the playoff game I'd say.

In Judaism, we don't write out the name unless it's never, ever going to be destroyed/deleted/thrown away/whatever.

Yeah, the 2006 victories were all pretty good ones. And November 5 could be a Monday night game!

:ols: I just saw this. I get it and I think that is cool. They should let us play the Cowboys in DC on MNF 11/5/12 :point2sky

Archived