Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Adam Schefter on Mike & Mike and twitter (Beck will start vs Carolina)

authentic

A lot of opinions about someone without knowing what his situation was like. I don't know what happened, but I'm not going to kill the guy for a stalled career. Who the hell knows went down behind closed doors.

Look, he's better than anything we have on the roster.. Let's kick the tires and see what he has at game speed. I thought he handled himself well in his limited action. Let's see how he is 4 quarters in game before we start judging somebody.

I can tell you this, he brings more potential to the table than any other QB we've had around here for almost 2 decades. That alone, should be enough excitement for this board for gameday Sunday.

we will win,we will score..Beck is not Tom Brady but he is a better Qb on our team Rex is not the answer! If BEck fails what do we really lose ? We gave him a shot he ffailed now we know waht direction we need to go in

We dont know if Beck is not Tom Brady yet. He has never really had a chance.

Theismann just said on ESPN 980 that he doesn't agree with the decision and that we should've stayed with Rex. I was kind of surprised about that.

However, listening to Joey T, he seems to be using the weak excuse that everyone has a bad game. Look at Tom Brady etc....

does everyone here realize... if Beck doesn't work out...

this season and next season are likely busts..

Those of us who didn't drown ourselves in Kool Aid realized that this season was a bust from the beginning.

Beck should have been starting from Day 1. When the Skins chose NOT to draft a QB, they said that John Beck was the future. Rex was only here for one season, and we all knew that. We should have started Beck from day 1 to see what we had. This allows the Skins to evaluate Beck and see if drafting a QB is a priority in 2012, or if we can afford to get one in the 2nd or 3rd round and concentrate on other needs (Offensive line and receiver)

So let's go back and analyze this game (I'm not making another thread for this):

I think the biggest issue is our receivers are going to have to get use to how hard Beck seems to throw the ball and some of Beck's throws were too low. However on a lot of occassions he put the ball in good spots, people just weren't coming up with it. Also, while I don't think Beck will be INT-prone, I am a little worried about him fumbling. He needs to make sure to secure that ball, particularly when he is leaving the pocket.

After watching this not at FedEx, it makes me a little more optimistic. He is at least making good reads and finding open receivers, as well as demonstrating decent pocket awareness. The throws are not exactly there, but some of that can be attributed to rust.Still not expecting much, but hoping to be surprised.

That is the biggest misconception of Becks career. Drafted to a horrible Miami team and forced to play a few games on a team that was giving up 30 points a game. End of season the coach was fired and that was the end of Beck. Year later he is in Baltimore sitting behind Flacco. He was never going to get playing time there. Year later he is in Washington sitting behind McNasty. This year is really the first year he has had a chance to compete for the job.

Sorry, disagree. Look at the bad QB play around the league the last 4 years. Are you trying to tell me every other team overlooked this "capable" QB when they were rolling with the likes of Joe Webb? He didn't get a chance because no one else thinks he has the capability to be a starting QB.

Simply put there are 2 guys who are fascinated with Beck's ability to be a capable starting QB in this league:

One is Beck. They other is Kyle.

I will say this, I agree with the decision and I don't personally believe he got the quick hook. I think if you look at his body of work minus the preseason (which is pretty useless at some level) you can see the trends have been the same, even when he was a winner he was propped by a defense that was history setting. His game in my opinion hasn't changed much.

That said, no one knows what Beck is capable of, so with that said I think Shanny should have handed him the keys and announced it was for the remainder of the season baring injury. Maybe he's done that without saying it but in my mind that's the right thing to do. We just have to live with the results no matter what. However, either way (unless he wins the division and does good in the playoffs) we're going to draft a QB with our first pick more than likely. I'm in the trade anything/everything for Luck camp personally, but to each their own.

I think this is the right decision based on the injury of the o-line and the flurry of turnovers the past 3 games. I disagree with people saying it's unjust because look at Brady or Vick and their multi INT games, these 2 quarterbacks have proven for years they can play at a high level. Grossman doesn't have that history, it is not even close to compare 1 Brady game in 100 that was bad.

Sweet. Now Beck will become the greatest QB of all time, will lead us to a championship, we will draft a QB this year to sit in the wings to take over after Beck is gone, Grossman will cry, Cris Collinsworth and Aikman will get hit by a flying saucer, and oh Redskins win the SB again the next year. ;)

Sounds about right! ;-)

Sweet. Now Beck will become the greatest QB of all time, will lead us to a championship, we will draft a QB this year to sit in the wings to take over after Beck is gone, Grossman will cry, Cris Collinsworth and Aikman will get hit by a flying saucer, and oh Redskins win the SB again the next year. ;)

You forgot that Skip Bayless will leave ESPN for Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.

I don't understand how a guy, who doesn't have that many options around the league, comes into camp out of shape like Rex did. What does that say about him? If I were a guy in his position, I would have been working my ass off. You don't get too many shots at this. Did he not see what happened to McNabb last year?

If you have to deal with your QB averaging 2 interceptions per game, and trying to be ok with it, because "hey that's just Rex", then something is wrong. He is suppose to have enough experience in the offense to get better, not worse.

Time to see Beck and some mobility in the pocket.

Archived