Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sims-Walker expecting to be released: potential pickup?

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

Just posted on rotoworld:

Mike Sims-Walker hinted on Twitter Monday morning that he's expecting to be released.

"Done been thru a lot and pretty sure I'm gone go thru a lot more but I promise I have no brakes!!!!" The tweet has since been deleted, but is a pretty strong hint it's Sims-Walker who will be jettisoned to clear a roster spot for Brandon Lloyd. A healthy scratch on Sunday, MSW has been a flop for the Rams, hauling in just 11 catches for 139 yards while committing multiple drops. Interest in his services will be limited if he hits the open market.

www.rotoworld.com

we could use another receiver, hes only 26 and has caught 7 TDs his last 2 seasons. maybe a change of scenery would be good for him, and at 6'2 hes a good redzone target, something we are seriously missing. with cooley potentially an IR candidate i wonder if we'll at least bring him in for a look.

in honor of Llyod Christmas, I'd love to say, "PICK EM UP!!!!"

however, MSW has played noticeably terrible this year. just watch our game vs the Rams to see why this is not an upgrade over anyone on the current roster. he may be out of shape or injured, but i just don't think he'll be effective for any team this season.

The thing that seems pretty weird about it is that St. Louis was already supposed to be his "change of scenery" that turns it around, and before the season he was gushing about how great he was going to be for them.

So that seems pretty disconcerting. Also, I don't think he'll have a better QB throwing to him, so I'm not sure why one would expect he'll be better on our roster.

Rather see Hankerson promoted first.

Hail.

Pretty much.

Mike Sims-Walker wasn't all that good in Jacksonville either. He'd do well one game, then just completely disappear the next. Wildly inconsistent. He also doesn't have the potential that our young receivers do. We don't need to bring him in at all.

WR isn't a major problem, but we do need some better play there. Our guys had some chances to make some plays yesterday and just couldn't do it. Gaffney could have hauled in a TD from Beck and Stallworth dropped one as well. We need someone at the position to just go out & make a play. Sims-Walker isn't the answer. Time to get Hanktime and Paul involved in the passing game.

I don't want him, especially if the Rams didn't want him. They need help at WR and they are giving up on him after only 5 games. :no:

He was fantasy gold last year and is good WR. I'd take him. The Rams have Brandon Lloyd now and Amendola is almost healthy, they don't need Sims-Walker.

Archived