Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins.com Twitter: Moss on Grossman

arkowi

Damn, I love Moss, he is the most loyal, selfless Skins player ever. Classy guy. Sadly, I have to say no to Grossman. We've all seen what he can do. I've seen enough, I'm sure Shanny has too. Throwing the ball to the wrong team just won't cut it, especially when the defense is busting it's butt out there. How is it Beck was able to put together a TD drive while Grossman kept throwing up INT after INT? Enough is enough. Dump Gross. He had his chance to redeem himself and he blew it. He's got no sympathy from me. Now let's see what Beck can do. Why not. I say end this QB controversy before Skins fans start rioting.

and your expert opinion is based on what? The 2 drives Beck had in yesterdays game? One of which scored a Red-Zone TD. I know You may have been in shock since redzone TD and Redskins don't go hand in hand. ;)

FYI, I didn't throw my support to Beck, all I was saying was perhaps Moss' comments were a bit self-serving. Personally, I support whichever QB Shannihan decides on.

Wow I guess I'm the only one that watched Beck in preseason. There is a reason why Rex started and Beck didn't. Maybe the fact that Rex out played Beck in training camp and preseason. You guys are hoping for something that's not going to happen. Beck will not come in here and do anything special. That might be why he's here no one else wanted him.

Problem is, it's not just one game. It's a steady decline in play mirroring a career defined by inaccuracy, awful decisions, and an overall inability to play QB at an NFL-caliber level on consistent basis.

Check!!

Not your call tana. Just play football and leave the personel up to the coaches

Check!!

Not your call tana. Just play football and leave the personel up to the coaches

Funny how Moss catches balls from both the qb's. But somehow his opinion dosent matter. The people on here that are the experts on the subject havent caught balls from either qb, but no all the right answers.

Funny how Moss catches balls from both the qb's. But somehow his opinion dosent matter. The people on here that are the experts on the subject havent caught balls from either qb, but no all the right answers.

Is Beck going to come in and throw 4 interceptions and have 10 turnovers to 4 TD's in 4 starts?

Moss is a good teammate. He supported Brunell in 2006 as well when it was obvious that Brunell was done. His endorsement has no bearing on the fact that Grossman is and has always been a really crappy quarterback. Beck may or may not better. That's why you put him in and find out.

I'm honestly not sure why people are surprised by Grossman's performance or why they think yesterday was an anomaly. Look at his record with the Bears. He has a penchant for astronomically horrible games.

These guys need to shut up. Grossman is horrible and they need to stop coming to his defense at every moment.

---------- Post added October-17th-2011 at 03:48 PM ----------

Yeah, but those guys also produce.

Produce what exactly? Grossman has won as many playoff games as Vick, more than Romo sits to pee, and I don't think Eli was the key to the Giants SB win. Again, Rex isn't it by any stretch, but none of the other guys are either. The QB in the NFC East all aren't that great they are mostly just hype.

Produce what exactly? Grossman has won as many playoff games as Vick, more than Romo sits to pee, and I don't think Eli was the key to the Giants SB win. Again, Rex isn't it by any stretch, but none of the other guys are either. The QB in the NFC East all aren't that great they are mostly just hype.

so you can say that eli wasn't the key to the giants super bowl win, but yet you don't say anything about grossman the year he went to the super bowl.

you sir, have studied at the ASF school of what applies to grossman doesn't apply to anyone else in the league.

and it looks like you're doing pretty well.

It is pretty amazing what losing does to a fan base.

Drew Brees - 2nd rounder

Tom Brady - 6th round

A Rodgers - fell to #24

These are arguably the best QB's in the league. Your comment holds no water.

I was looking for feedback not to fight or not a matter of fact. You do have an excellent point, the problem is do we have talent evaluators that can make those calls and get this team a good qb

so you can say that eli wasn't the key to the giants super bowl win, but yet you don't say anything about grossman the year he went to the super bowl.

you sir, have studied at the ASF school of what applies to grossman doesn't apply to anyone else in the league.

and it looks like you're doing pretty well.

OK, both rode their D, that is the truth. I am just saying that none of the QB in the East are anything special either in spite of their hype. Read the part where I say Rex isn't it by any stretch...that means I think he isn't very good.....

Wow I guess I'm the only one that watched Beck in preseason. There is a reason why Rex started and Beck didn't. Maybe the fact that Rex out played Beck in training camp and preseason. You guys are hoping for something that's not going to happen. Beck will not come in here and do anything special. That might be why he's here no one else wanted him.

Beck had a bad showing in the Tampa game, but he was solid the rest of preseason. The competition was pretty neck and neck until the final game. You must've been drunk or high when you watched the preseason games if you thought Beck stunk it up all preseason.

Hopefully we continue playing Rex. Beck is terrible and no reason to bench Rex just yet. His INT's to Davis were centimeters away from being beautiful throws. I will say this again, with AA not taking the top of the defense this is very detrimental to Rex's play. We need AA back yesterday.

OK, both rode their D, that is the truth. I am just saying that none of the QB in the East are anything special either in spite of their hype. Read the part where I say Rex isn't it by any stretch...that means I think he isn't very good.....

i think Romo sits to pee is the only one that fits the overhyped/underacheived thing. besides eli saying that he was elite, i don't think a lot of people are running around saying he's top 5.

vick is hyped because he's a spectacle, not an elite QB. he is the "video game player" for a video game generation. with vick you hear about great games that he had, not great seasons and that kind of tells you how people view him. now if you want to bring salary into it, sure he is overhyped, but that's philly's fault.

so the nfc east qbs shake out something like this:

Romo sits to pee - overhyped media darling, but his shine is wearing off very quickly

Eli - i think he's actually underhyped and plays a lot better than people give him credit for. (i want to call it the curse of slouch faced qb. it's why people hate cutler too, he looks like he's either not to bright or is about to fall asleep)

Vick - a highlight reel who had a good 3/4 of a year last year and people started prematurely saying had turned a corner.

Rex - he is who everyone, except deion, thought he was.

---------- Post added October-17th-2011 at 04:45 PM ----------

Beck had a bad showing in the Tampa game, but he was solid the rest of preseason. The competition was pretty neck and neck until the final game. You must've been drunk or high when you watched the preseason games if you thought Beck stunk it up all preseason.

the worst part about that game was our starting oline got manhandled by the bucs second stringers.

Probably been said already, but I think Moss said this because he's had a better rapport with Grossman on the field. However, I think he needs to prepare himself for a change. Grossman is who he is and it's not changing anytime soon. I think it's possible for Beck to develop a good working relationship with the WRs, both young and the veterans.

Who knows what Moss really thinks. He's doing his PR duty and not throwing Grossman under the bus.

I don't think so, because this is clearly above and beyond the call of duty. All he's really required to say is "It's up to the coach to decide."

Drew Brees - 2nd rounder

Tom Brady - 6th round

A Rodgers - fell to #24

Actually was Rodgers drafted to be QB of the future, before the Favre mess started. Brees and Brady were pretty much afterthoughts before they came to prominence on their teams.

Drew Brees - 2nd rounder

Tom Brady - 6th round

A Rodgers - fell to #24

Do really think that Teams these days and times is going to let the next Tom Brady, Brees, or Rodgers slip pass the second? Stop with all this Brees, Tom, and ARod stuff. We are the Redskins we are not lucky enough with this hay Tom, Brees, Montana, and some great ones went low but turnt out great. Its not going to happen to us. People I say I don't want to lose but I know whats going to happen. Our LT is going to be out for this week and maybe next week too. Our LG is out for the season. Our starting QB is a turnover magnet. Some his fault some others. We have absolutely no talent on offense other than hopes and dreams that players pan out. Brady also always had one the best Olines in the league, Brees have lots of weapons with an great Oline, and Arod has the best WR corp in the league. These players have talent around them and some of the best if I may add. Grossman is 100 times less the QB than those QBs with way less talent around him. So while its some hoping we lose to get better draft picks. Some are just stating the obvious that this team can get in rough losing stretch now that we know we have a QB who just can't get out of his own way and the Oline is banged up which I think is worst than Grossman giving up the ball at a high rate. So our run game that we enjoyed is going to struggle. Our TOP is going to drop down which means we will ask our defense to play 35 minutes of strong defense the rest of the year. We know what results are going to come out of that. Especially when the Offense can't score more than 20 pts.

It makes you wonder what they think of Beck as a football player. Because for them to want the 31st ranked QB to continue to start says something (and the 32nd and last ranked is Kerry Collins who's no longer starting). Otherwise, they're letting friendship get in the way of winning football games.

It makes you wonder what they think of Beck as a football player. Because for them to want the 31st ranked QB to continue to start says something (and the 32nd and last ranked is Kerry Collins who's no longer starting). Otherwise, they're letting friendship get in the way of winning football games.

they're being good teammates and sticking up for the guy. something rex had a chance to do and didn't. when beck starts they'll say nice things about him to. it's what good teammates do.

They were just talking about this on the Van Pelt Show. Not only Moss, but pretty much the entire locker room is behind Rex. All these guys need to keep quiet because when you play as bad as Grossman, he deserves to be benched. If Moss and company are so behind Grossman, then play better. Don't sit there and make Shanny's decision that much more hard while implying that he's so much better than Beck. Seriously, where do we find these guys? The guy throws INT's like it's his job and EVERYONE backs him?

Archived