Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins.com Twitter: Moss on Grossman

arkowi

Moss should take a seat next to Rex, he is old and slow. Let the young WR's start with Beck.

With that said i would bet Rex gets the start this week.

totally agree man ... get moss out of there and where was kerrigan sunday? he's a bust.

---------- Post added October-17th-2011 at 12:41 PM ----------

Moss is just playing nice to the media.

no man ... i don't think he is and I am starting to think grossman keeps his job this week.

Santana is being a good player and sticking up for Rex. Gotta respect Moss. I do think that the lockeroom isn't biggest fan of Beck when compared to Rex. But I jumped off the Rex bandwagon yesterday, I can't defend Rex anymore. Yesterday was garbage.

Gaffney and Darrel Young defended Rex as well and said he should be the starter.

That's what teammates do.

Then again, no one really came to McNabb's defense last year. Certainly not like Santana did today for Rex. Makes me wonder how confident the players are in Beck.

I really want to see what Beck can do. I don't see the downside, but I'm just a fan.

I partially agree with you. The only difference is, Grossman has gotten away from everything Kyle has changed about him that made him start to be a decent QB. If this benching makes him realize hes reverting back to old Rex and shows this week in practice that he can get his **** straight then I am ok with that.

I agree with this. He actually might be a good reliever down the road. I just think it's time to give Beck a chance to suck.

Moss is just sticking up for Grossman. Teammates do that. But as stated above, Grossman has been on a steady decline for the past three games. Mike Shanahan knows it too. It wouldn't surprise me if Mike Shanahan stuck with Grossman, but why would he? Grossman did play well the first few games, which is okay. But he's regressed tremendously since the Dallas game. Beck deserves his chance to take over the offense.

Santana is being a good player and sticking up for Rex. Gotta respect Moss. I do think that the lockeroom isn't biggest fan of Beck when compared to Rex. But I jumped off the Rex bandwagon yesterday, I can't defend Rex anymore. Yesterday was garbage.

You don't have to defend him. What a lot of people don't understand is that just because you aren't a fan of Rex, it does not mean you think Beck is better. I don't believe that eitehr one has a good chance at taking us far, even short term.

Gaffney and Darrel Young defended Rex as well and said he should be the starter.

That's what teammates do.

Then again, no one really came to McNabb's defense last year. Certainly not like Santana did today for Rex. Makes me wonder how confident the players are in Beck.

I really want to see what Beck can do. I don't see the downside, but I'm just a fan.

I've wondered that myself. The players have really come to Rex's defense. They've said all the right things about Beck but it sounds kind of hollow most of the time. Not sure if his "Gollee Shucks" personality rubs them the wrong way or what but they seem to like Rex a lot more. I should add that I have been rooting for Beck to get the start for some time so for me to notice it says something.

Problem is, it's not just one game. It's a steady decline in play mirroring a career defined by inaccuracy, awful decisions, and an overall inability to play QB at an NFL-caliber level on consistent basis.

This.

Grossman has steadily declined in performance since week 1.

I mean we knew what we were entering the season with at QB, I don't think many expected Rex to maintain the starting job all season, he's just not that good. IMO, Beck needs a shot to show what he has so we know how important QB is in the draft (my guess is it's priority #1 for this team).

You mean like Vick, Romo sits to pee, Eli.....I am no big Rex fan, but why is he the only QB that deserves to be benched when every other QB in the East has done the same thing this year and in years past just like Rex?

Eli 11 TD's 5 Int QB Rating 101.1 2 lost fumble 1st place in Division

Romo sits to pee 8 TD's 6 Int QB Rating 84.8 1 lost fumble 3rd place in Division

Vick 9 TD's 8 int QB Rating 84.4 1 lost fumble Last in Division

Grossman 6 TD's 9 Int QB Rating 66.5 2 lost fumble Second in Division

Good thing our Defense has been so good at keeping us in games is all I can say

11 turnovers in 5 games.

Go back to last year and it 19 in 9 games. Thats insane. At least 2 a game in every game.

Currently this year, of the 33 passers qualified with at least 14 attempts he sits just above Kerry Collins at 32 with a ranking of an abysmal 66.5.

I wasent necessarily calling for his head before, but after just a lil stat research......maybe. An NFL caliber qb can not constantly turn the ball over.

I know some have come off of tipped passes at the line and by our own receivers but,

Looking at his career,46 games.49 INT's, 26 fumbles with 16 lost.

Every week, Grossman has gotten worst. It's not just one game and Rex had plenty of chances. Romo sits to pee, Manning, Vick don't throw 2+ INT every week like Grossman does. Grossman got lucky the last few games when intercepted passes were dropped from defenders. He can't put the ball where it should be and then there's are time where he tries to force it.

Word is that Vick has turned the ball over once a game since last season's victory vs the redskinson MNF:

Vick then appeared on the Sports Illustrated cover and has been a turnover machine ever since. The guy has turned the ball over in every game since then, a streak that now stands at 12 games following his first quarter pick to kill yet another drive in an opponent’s territory during the first quarter of Sunday’s game against the Bills.

with that said, Romo sits to pee has put the ball up for grabs quite a bit in the last 3 weeks.

The difference is that Romo sits to pee, Vick, and Eli are all franchise QBs for the clubs, Grossman is still trying to prove himself even though he was given the job. None of the other NFCE QBs are going to get benched for good if they throw 4 INTs in a game, because they are the clear starters

One game? Santana, please just be quiet, you clearly haven't watched him every game as a starter here.

Of course Moss hasn't watched any of the games with Grossman as starter. It's not like it's his job or anything. I'm sure you have a better understanding of how the offense is working than Santana.

Does this really surprise anyone? To anyone who says this is just Moss being a good guy and supporting his QB that's some BS. Players have always loved Grossman. The bears offense in 2006 loved Grossman, tho I'm not sure about the defense. If Fred Davis made the first catch in Traffic and ran a cutback on the 2nd int Grossman would have only had 2 ints yesterday. But I'm not in to changing stats I know he had 4. Still why wouldn't Davis defend him? Grossman delivered 2 serious passes to him that would have put the redskins in scoring positions had the plays been made.

I mean I've been a Grossman supporter this whole year and I've enjoyed the start the teams had... but if they put in John Beck that's fine by me if that's what Shannahan thinks is best. I just can't understand this boards love for John Beck. When he starts playing awful whats the next chant for on the board?

You mean like Vick, Romo sits to pee, Eli.....I am no big Rex fan, but why is he the only QB that deserves to be benched when every other QB in the East has done the same thing this year and in years past just like Rex?

Is this serious???????

When a QB rating of 23 or whatever, is only your 4th worst rating in a game, then you have issues.

All of the other QBs have won more games than losses for there respective teams. They all can throw the ball over 25 yards in the air accurately as well. Rex CANNOT and has not won more games for us than losses.

I hate Rex, always have. Now I don't think either QB is it for us and can lead us to the promise land, nor the division title. So I don't really care who starts. But for you to make a comment like the one above is very short sighted.

Moss is just sticking up for Grossman. Teammates do that. But as stated above, Grossman has been on a steady decline for the past three games. Mike Shanahan knows it too. It wouldn't surprise me if Mike Shanahan stuck with Grossman, but why would he? Grossman did play well the first few games, which is okay. But he's regressed tremendously since the Dallas game. Beck deserves his chance to take over the offense.

I agree. I think the job will go to Beck. If Beck would've stepped in yesterday and played terrible, such as throw a pick and not getting us a score, Shanahan might stick with Rex. He gave an opportunity to Beck to see what he could do and Beck gave us our only TD, our only 3rd down conversion on a 3rd and 15, and a 4th and 9 conversion. That is clutch. I don't see how you can not go with Beck after that.

All of the other QBs have won more games than losses for there respective teams. They all can throw the ball over 25 yards in the air accurately as well. Rex CANNOT and has not won more games for us than losses.

Isn't he 4-4 for us as our starter? Also I'm pretty sure he had more wins than losses in Chicago. So really he has won more games for his respective teams than he's lost.

On the flip side isn't John Beck 0-5 as a starter? Maybe 1-4? I don't know.

Archived