Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins.com Twitter: Moss on Grossman

arkowi

http://twitter.com/#!/redskins

Several #Redskins WRs, including Santana Moss, said on Monday that Rex Grossman should not be totally blamed for loss and four INTs.

Santana Moss makes a passionate plea for Rex Grossman to keep starting job: "You can't give up on him after one game. That's one game."

More Santana Moss: "I feel like [Rex Grossman] deserves another shot. [Michael] Vick threw 4 picks last week, he came back, had great game."

Regarding Rex Grossman's turnovers, Santana Moss said: "It happens. That's football...As an offense, we have to give him a better chance..."

:munchout:

You all really think Moss went out of his way to make a good PR move and say this? Your hate for Rex is blinding you. If it were an interview or press conference then ok, but this, no way.

Do I like him as our starting qb? Nope but Im not confident in Beck either and if our WRs are tweeting that he should stay our starter, I have more faith in that guy.

You all really think Moss went out of his way to make a good PR move and say this? Your hate for Rex is blinding you. If it were an interview or press conference then ok, but this, no way.

Do I like him as our starting qb? Nope but Im not confident in Beck either and if our WRs are tweeting that he should stay our starter, I have more faith in that guy.

WHAT? You have more faith in Rex because of what a wide receiver says as opposed to his horrid play that we have all seen with our own eyes several weeks in a row? SMH

http://twitter.com/#!/redskins

Several #Redskins WRs, including Santana Moss, said on Monday that Rex Grossman should not be totally blamed for loss and four INTs.

Santana Moss makes a passionate plea for Rex Grossman to keep starting job: "You can't give up on him after one game. That's one game."

More Santana Moss: "I feel like [Rex Grossman] deserves another shot. [Michael] Vick threw 4 picks last week, he came back, had great game."

Regarding Rex Grossman's turnovers, Santana Moss said: "It happens. That's football...As an offense, we have to give him a better chance..."

:munchout:

Problem is, it's not just one game. It's a steady decline in play mirroring a career defined by inaccuracy, awful decisions, and an overall inability to play QB at an NFL-caliber level on consistent basis.

Does it really matter? Both QBs aren't "it". So who cares really.

I blame the QB performance or lack there of on the Shanahans. They chose these two dudes and at the end of the day we may have zero starting caliber QBs on this roster.

That's on the HC.

I just don't like this comparison:

Vick also tossed two TDs in that game. If Grossman did that yesterday along with his 4 picks we win.

Problem is, it's not just one game. It's a steady decline in play mirroring a career defined by inaccuracy, awful decisions, and an overall inability to play QB at an NFL-caliber level on consistent basis.

Exactly. Rex has been in a downward spiral since the first game. This isn't like an elite QB like Brees having a stinker. You know QBs like Brees bounce back. Rex was sliding before the bye. I wasn't against making a change to Beck during the bye, so Beck would have 2 weeks to prepare. That said, I was hoping that Rex and the staff would make adjustments and that Rex would come out against the Eagles and have a good game. In fact, I was expecting Rex to look good yesterday. I understand that Moss may have some chemistry with Rex, but you have to make the change. You don't want to wait until we have a losing record to do so.

11 turnovers in 5 games.

THIS!!!

now granted, not all of them were Rex's fault, in fact a couple I believe were Moss' fault. But honestly, we can't have a turnover machine at QB.

On that note, however, I would be interested to hear what the other WRs and TEs have to say.

Every week, Grossman has gotten worst. It's not just one game and Rex had plenty of chances. Romo sits to pee, Manning, Vick don't throw 2+ INT every week like Grossman does. Grossman got lucky the last few games when intercepted passes were dropped from defenders. He can't put the ball where it should be and then there's are time where he tries to force it.

Moss isn't doing this for PR. You can tell by his body language and his consistently overwhelming positive support for Grossman in interviews that he believes in Grossman. Compare that with Campbell & Brunell, and to a lesser extent Mcnabb - Moss wasn't particularly vocal about any of those guys. Moss goes to bat for Grossman in every single interview.

I think the players go a lot less from the gut than the fans do. The players see a guy who elevated a ****ty offense all the way to the Super Bowl. The players talk to the guys down in Houston and get pumped about the offense. The players see a guy who has a lot of faith in them and is highly complimentary of them, even if he overdoes it sometimes and it gets him in trouble. The fans love Beck for his underdog status, but I would imagine the players see him as a try-hard with little natural ability and a symbol of the disparities in this league (i.e. Beck hasn't done jack **** in his entire career, yet is still being given a shot. WRs who produce as little as Beck has would have been out of the league several seasons ago).

You can tell from the players' body language that they still believe in Grossman. Cooley's on the sidelines w/ Grossman late in the game trying to figure out what's going on. Moss is talking things over with Grossman as they re-take the field after his 3rd interception. These guys still believe in him.

Our receivers will get a vote when they start catching passes.

It's idiotic not to start Beck, as it was not to make him the starter on Day 1.

One game, Santana??? ONE GAME???

How about an entire career for this body of work? And the last three games have been terrible for Rex, each one getting worse.

NINE PICKS in five games. NINE! Two fumbles lost!

Beck might indeed fail, too, but we know what we have in Rex, we always knew what we had in Rex, and it's time to see if Beck can be that stop-gap guy before we can get a real QB for the future on this team.

You mean like Vick, Romo sits to pee, Eli.....I am no big Rex fan, but why is he the only QB that deserves to be benched when every other QB in the East has done the same thing this year and in years past just like Rex?

ew ew please please pick me pick me let me answer please...... Um lets see:

1. The other QB's you mention didn't come into the season competing with another QB on whether or not they would be starter.

2. The other QB's you mention don't have back-ups that can play just as good as them

3. The other QB's have shown they know how to win (yes even with Romo sits to pee's screw ups the guy knows how to win).

I'll stop right here unless you want more....

Archived