Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins.com Twitter: Moss on Grossman

arkowi

You can give Grossman one more week to see how he does and he may very well play fine.

In three weeks he's going to give a repeat performance of yesterday. People don't realize that yesterday's game isn't something new for Rex.

I think the fact that he played like this after a bye week is quite revealing, that he will not improve over the course of the season. If Beck is as mediocre as Rex, then we are in DEEP trouble.

Isn't he 4-4 for us as our starter? Also I'm pretty sure he had more wins than losses in Chicago. So really he has won more games for his respective teams than he's lost.

On the flip side isn't John Beck 0-5 as a starter? Maybe 1-4? I don't know.

I said for us. 4-4 is not a winning record and is not even a full season.

If you quoted my entire post, you would see I said neither QB can lead us to the playoffs. So it doesn't matter who starts. But anyone trying to protect Rex is reaching bigtime.

In the NFL, if you cannot throw the ball in the air over 25 yards accurately, you are doomed to fail. First two games, not much film to go off of on Rex in this system. Last three games? Plenty of film which is why he is what he is now.

---------- Post added October-17th-2011 at 07:12 PM ----------

I think the fact that he played like this after a bye week is quite revealing, that he will not improve over the course of the season. If Beck is as mediocre as Rex, then we are in DEEP trouble.

Beck's mediocreness will be much different than Rex's.

Right now is really a decision of do we want a gun slinger who has the arm strength of very good HS QBs or do we want a game manager, who probably won't make many plays but won't lose us the game either.

I think we saw that already during the preseason.....

Everyone need to go to redskins.com and watch the moss interview..... Moss talks for about 8 min about why he thinks Rex should remain the starter. Moss sees Rex practice, and all the extra work that gets put in besides game day. These are the opinions that matter to me. If Moss still believes in Rex, then I am willing to give him another shot too.

Everyone need to go to redskins.com and watch the moss interview..... Moss talks for about 8 min about why he thinks Rex should remain the starter. Moss sees the practices and all the extra work that gets put in besides game day. These are the opinions that matter to me. If Moss still believes in Rex, then I am willing to give him another shot too.

---------- Post added October-17th-2011 at 02:20 PM ----------

I just watched it and I disagree. It seemed like Moss's reasoning was "As a player I wouldn't want to be benched for one bad game so I don't think Rex should be"

Either way, I don't think Grossman should start and Moss is wrong anyway, it's not just "one bad game" Rex has been playing worse every single week. I guess we should keep him in until he matches that 0.0 QB rating he put up while in Chicago.

I am in no way defending Grossman, but I have noticed a disturbing pattern over the past couple of weeks. Our WR's simply don't get open. The ones that eventually manage to get off of the LOS just don't get open.

I'm sure that everyone here has noticed that just about every pass that Grossman throws to a WR is not far between either being a catch or a interception. The only one on the offense that seems to get open on a consistant basis is Fred Davis. I know that timing has a lot to do with these throws to the wideouts, but there still has to be a little bit of seperation.

I doubt Moss went out of his way to say that. I really don't care who starts honestly... I saw Beck throw a duck down the field too that would have been an easy score to Stallworth if he throws a decent deep ball. Im inclined to trust the coaches and players, if they think Rex should get another start, who am i to say whats best.

we dont expect our QB (and we haven't for years because we havn't had a great QB here) to be a game changer, throw 4 tds etc. We just ask him to make some throws, manage the game, make good decisions etc. Rex could be that guy but he doesnt have the arm and his decisions on some of his throws are just plain bad. Glad Santana is supporting his qb.....(actually think they are good friends, they always seem to be hanging together)..We can all give him a break on bad bounces and great Def plays but his INTs yesterday other than the first one were horrible. Thought FDavis could have made a better play on the ball on the first one or at least knock it down (that INT didnt hurt us really with field position). The second I believe was down middle of field, gaffney was open, ball underthrown, he doesnt have the arm strength. (most NFL qbs would have completed that or over throw it) The third one in redzone had no zip on ball, once again, he doesnt have the arm strentgh to get it in there. The last one, on the roll out, he had nothing to hurt his vision and he under threw again and not slightly. A positive play has to happen in that situation. I say give Beck a chance, he cant be worse. If he is, you put Grossman back in.

AND Draft a QB in 2012. Barkley would be the most reasonable one to get without giving up everything.

One game? Santana, please just be quiet, you clearly haven't watched him every game as a starter here.

Yeah, He's only been on the field and gone over game film with him every week he's been the starter. I would like to see Beck start next week because with our typical O-line troubles we need a QB that is a threat to run and convert that 3-10 when things break down. I do however think Rex will start this week. If he struggles early, he will get pulled.

These guys need to shut up. Grossman is horrible and they need to stop coming to his defense at every moment.

---------- Post added October-17th-2011 at 03:48 PM ----------

You mean like Vick, Romo sits to pee, Eli.....I am no big Rex fan, but why is he the only QB that deserves to be benched when every other QB in the East has done the same thing this year and in years past just like Rex?

Yeah, but those guys also produce.

One game? Santana, please just be quiet, you clearly haven't watched him every game as a starter here.

He's a WR so I don't blame him for wanting the ball, but I'm pretty sure some of why Santana is defending Grossman is due to the fact that Rex looks for him a lot. Notice how much more the ball was spread around in Beck's two drives...Torain, Davis, Moss, Gaffney, Stallworth, Austin, etc.

I listened to the Moss interview and I totally disagree with him. Moss is saying that since "Brady had a bad game and got a pass, then Rex should too." When one of the reporters responded by saying Brady has a history of being an MVP and such, Moss didn't have a good response. Moss said he "has confidence in Beck, but Rex shouldn't be benched for one bad game." Again, Moss is wrong. Rex has been in a downward spiral. It wasn't just one bad game.

Now is the perfect time to swich. We are going up against a beatable Panthers team. It will be a good game for Beck to jump in.

No running game, no possession advantage, too many penalties, too many missed tackles, too many dropped passes. Beck, Grossman either loses that game.

I am tired of Rex and Beck offers the unknown right now........all I know is, if we win this season it will b/c our running game and defense was a beast and we played smart football.

I just watched it and I disagree. It seemed like Moss's reasoning was "As a player I wouldn't want to be benched for one bad game so I don't think Rex should be"

Either way, I don't think Grossman should start and Moss is wrong anyway, it's not just "one bad game" Rex has been playing worse every single week. I guess we should keep him in until he matches that 0.0 QB rating he put up while in Chicago.

Im pretty sure the skins are 3-2 and very much in the hunt for the playoffs with Rex being the starter, even if you think he should have done better in the games we won. Lots of people look at the QB rateing system like it is the god if qb's are good. A lot of people are calling the Rams game a poor performance by Rex. If you go back and watch, one of his 2 picks was a bad decision and should not have been thrown. But the first pick was totally on Moss. It deflects off of his hands for a pick. If Moss catches the ball he is probly able to get in the endzone. Taking away a pick for a TD totally changes Rex’s qb rating for this game. The game also dictates the play call for the game. We were running the ball well, so we didn’t need to throw it as much, which also changes Rex’s rating.

Im pretty sure the skins are 3-2 and very much in the hunt for the playoffs with Rex being the starter, even if you think he should have done better in the games we won. Lots of people look at the QB rateing system like it is the god if qb's are good. A lot of people are calling the Rams game a poor performance by Rex. If you go back and watch, one of his 2 picks was a bad decision and should not have been thrown. But the first pick was totally on Moss. It deflects off of his hands for a pick. If Moss catches the ball he is probly able to get in the endzone. Taking away a pick for a TD totally changes Rex’s qb rating for this game. The game also dictates the play call for the game. We were running the ball well, so we didn’t need to throw it as much, which also changes Rex’s rating.

Yes I have heard all of the "ifs" from Grossman fans for the last four weeks, doesn't change my opinion. He's played poorly and shouldn't be the starter

The problem is Moss has taken passes from both QBs and he knows who's better. The said thing is Beck is and will be worst than Grossman if he starts. It's amazing how you guys go from loving Rex the first week to hating him now. The same thing will happen with Beck. There both horrible QBs and should be backups at best.

The problem is Moss has taken passes from both QBs and he knows who's better. The said thing is Beck is and will be worst than Grossman if he starts. It's amazing how you guys go from loving Rex the first week to hating him now. The same thing will happen with Beck. There both horrible QBs and should be backups at best.

OR...Moss knows he doesn't have the familiarity with Beck that some other WRs may have...

Yes I have heard all of the "ifs" from Grossman fans for the last four weeks, doesn't change my opinion. He's played poorly and shouldn't be the starter

Your right.... It is an "if".... Absolutely!!!! But is it not Moss's job to catch that ball, that hit him right in the hands?? I mean come on man..... Its a team sport, and if you put plays like that on Rex, then you are just rooting against him. Moss gets paid too, and I dont hear people calling for his benching on that **** up!!

Right, smart football. 4 picks and a steady decline in play peppered with other picks/fumbles is not smart football. He didn't have to force the issue yesterday; we could have stuck more with the run or even punted.

No running game, no possession advantage, too many penalties, too many missed tackles, too many dropped passes. Beck, Grossman either loses that game.

I am tired of Rex and Beck offers the unknown right now........all I know is, if we win this season it will b/c our running game and defense was a beast and we played smart football.

Yeah that's it, give me a break Beck is garbage. We to trade for or draft a QB bad next year.

and your expert opinion is based on what? The 2 drives Beck had in yesterdays game? One of which scored a Red-Zone TD. I know You may have been in shock since redzone TD and Redskins don't go hand in hand. ;)

FYI, I didn't throw my support to Beck, all I was saying was perhaps Moss' comments were a bit self-serving. Personally, I support whichever QB Shannihan decides on.

Archived