Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'll take today's loss with a smile if it means Grossman never sniffs another snap!

NoCalMike

In no way am I suggesting Beck is great.

I've said from the beginning though that he has attributes to his game that Grossman just doesn't have and the only thing Grossman had over Beck was knowledge of the system itself.

Grossman not only made poor reads, but when he did see a WR wide open he couldn't even deliver the ball with good pass protection. The flea flicker play was 1 play out of 20 or so....

Beck is not the answer either,but I think he offers a lot more than Grossman can.

Lets see what he looks like with a week of snaps with the starters. A lot of his throws looked a little off, but he was making the correct reads, finding WRs that were actually open. Oh and he also did it during a period of the game where the run game had effectively been eliminated.

That is exactly how I feel. I'm not delusional, I know Beck isn't going to take the league by storm, but I do believe he fits the offense much better and has less of a chance of losing us games.

If our oline isn't injured beyond repair I think Beck can be at least as good as Alex Smith.

Agreed. Once he went out, my entire outlook on the game changed dramatically. There is absolutely no way in hell that he should ever take another snap for this team, ever.

Sadly for him, this is probably his last stop. I can't see any team wanting to bring him in as a starter, possibly even as a 2nd stringer.

For his entire career, he has proven time and again that he just cannot get out of his own way, and I wasn't willing to give him the benefit of the doubt when he lit up two teams last year at the "Get your U-Hauls ready" point of the season, nor was I willing to give it after he lit up the Giants depleted defense in Week 1.

Get to steppin'

---------- Post added October-16th-2011 at 04:38 PM ----------

Did you watch that game? I'd say there isn't enough. The bar has been set pretty low for John Beck, and from what I saw he can at least provide marginal QB play.

With this defense, that might be enough.

At least you know that he won't be as generous to opposing defenses as Grossman was with the football.

Did you watch that game? I'd say there isn't enough. The bar has been set pretty low for John Beck, and from what I saw he can at least provide marginal QB play.

With this defense, that might be enough.

How about a thread that says…… Davis contributes to 2 of Rex’s picks. Rex’s first pick hit sleepy in the helmet. Could have been a TD catch….. His 3rd was a bad route by Davis......

-But the other 2 picks were just awful, horrible decisions!!

Don't remember where I heard this but...Rex completed just 9 passes to the redskins and completed 4 to the eagles.

that will be the worst week 6 stats for a QB. Love when he just lobs the ball out into space off his back foot...its like the ball is on fire and he needs to get rid of it.

The frustrating thing now is we actually started 3-1. The Giants being beatup, the ineptness of the Cards and Rams, our record was much better then it should be.

With the amount of holes we have on this team we need high draft picks. This team is still 2 years away

I completely agree with your comments. Hope either Beck proves he is the guy the rest of the way or sucks bad enough we get a high enough draft pick that we can trade to STL for Luck.

Beck is more mobile than Rex. He made his 2 yard TD run look simple. He can run for first downs when the receivers are covered. I think Coach Shanny knows it. I agree with another post that says Little Shanny is still on the Rex bandwagon. Rex should not be on this team next year. We lost some linemen today and our running game was non-existent so it wasn't just bad play from Rex. Beck can keep us in the game.

Beck should have started the second half and maybe we make it a much closer game at the end. You can see the offensive players respond to Beck when he came into the game.

Archived