Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'll take today's loss with a smile if it means Grossman never sniffs another snap!

NoCalMike

Has anyone else noticed how Terrance Austin only catches balls when Beck is throwing them?

Kind of odd, its carried over from the preseason. Same story with Stallworth, to a lesser degree.

You see that sometimes, with backup QB's and backup WR's. They have chemistry from practicing with the 2nd team offense, etc. Let's hope that can pay off down the road.

I completely agree with your comments. Hope either Beck proves he is the guy the rest of the way or sucks bad enough we get a high enough draft pick that we can trade to STL for Luck.

I definitely agree.

Although, I really think the Colts are going to finish worse than St. Louis this year.

I think if Beck came in after Hall's INT, we might have made a game of this. I'll take a Beck taking us from behind to win and sidelining RG for good. I couldn't take anymore of Rex after his INT (after Hall's). I think Beck is our starter from now on (this season). Kyle wanted him in Houston, and now there's no excuse not to start him. Thanks Rex for 3, but... no thanks!

I think this was a win for the Redskins fanbase. I feel good about what I saw in Beck. Had he been put in one drive earlier or had the defense stopped Philly on 4th and short we may have won the game.

Problem is if he had put in after three INTs, people could legitimately wonder whether Shanny gave Grossman a real chance. After 4, there is no doubt. Nobody should be wondering whether Rex should start next week. We've seen the Good and Bad of Rex - he's the same here as he has been everywhere else. The only difference this week from his usual, he usually waits to self destruct when the game is on the line. Today he just wanted to go full-out suckitude all game long.

I agree, and to further the statement, I'd like to add that Rex's biggest problem is he would HOLD the ball too long. The receiver would come open, Rex would pause, then throw. In the NFL, there's no room for that pause. You have to execute those throws as gaps last for split seconds in the NFL. But even if we were to side step this, a High School QB would be benched for the throws he made today. It was just the unraveling of someone who knew himself, he couldn't hold up this team.

Secondly, from high school football, we knew NEVER to pass a ball into a receiver leaving him defenseless when you yourself KNEW there was a defender that could pummel him. Instead, Rex threw the ball to Cooley and allowed him to be slaughtered. When you see a defender zero in, you pump fake, this let's the receiver know to juke a move, and then you dump it up over the top of the defender as the receiver passes him by.. HIGH SCHOOL stuff!!!

There were several things noticeable about Beck versus Grossman. Beck was very good at seeing the open receiver, EVERY time he dropped back he found one. Now, he missed a couple throws and also had several drops, but they were always open. Second, he handles pressure really well. Remains cool, hits the right pass on the blitz. Third, he goes through his reads so well, and when he hits the next read and sees him open he just snap throws it so fast. There is no hesitation. Fourth, he moves well in the pocket.

Beck has a lot of areas to grow, but there is a large difference between how Grossman played and how Beck played. But Beck does not look like a man who happens to be able to play QB. He looks like a natural QB, like he is at home doing it. The good QB's in the NFL do that.

I completely agree with your comments. Hope either Beck proves he is the guy the rest of the way or sucks bad enough we get a high enough draft pick that we can trade to STL for Luck.

"They are who we thought they were"

We need to lose out the rest of the season so we can complete our rebuild. We don't need any other glimpses of false hope.

The 3-1 start was an anomaly. This team will likely only win 6 games total.

Beck is not the answer either,but I think he offers a lot more than Grossman can.

Ill agree with this part for sure. I kept trying to give Grossman the benefit of doubt... but today sealed it for me. I would like to think that it sealed it for Shanny too but Im thinking we will get to see more of Rex as the starter. Besides the obvious INT to TD ratio something that bothers me is Rex's throw it at all costs mentality.. Several times when he had a receiver open that wasn't deep or room for himself to run we will opt to toss it up for grabs beyond 20 yds. I like the long ball as much as anyone.. but this team seems built for moving the chains.. grinding the ball.. Dominate time of possession.. Currently the bar is set pretty low so there can't be much of a drop off by bringing Beck in now... If Shanny pulled McNabb last year I would think he has to yank Grossman now.

Has anyone else noticed how Terrance Austin only catches balls when Beck is throwing them?

Kind of odd, its carried over from the preseason. Same story with Stallworth, to a lesser degree.

Yes...it appears that Grossman looks for 89, 83, or 10. Beck appears to just look for openings. Listen, we aren't going to get better than C+ QBing this season. But why not go with someone who might improve at this point?

What this game showed me is that we have progressed from 2010 but that we are still a 7 or 8 win team and 1-2 years away. The D is better, the OL was starting to gel, and the RBs seem to be improved...but we still need to fill some holes and learn how to match intensity in big games.

We are improving...we should be excited about this team from a big picture perspective.

Last point...what kills me about Grossman more than the INTs is the fact that Rex misses so many throws he should hit. Whether it is deep or to the outside, it's at the point where the D doesn't have to play us honestly anymore.

Honestly after watching all the games this year I have found out a few things. Rex completely stays in the pocket. When he does leave, he either A: fumbles or B: throws an interception. It's nice to see Johnny Beck move his ***** when there is obviously a blitz on the way. I would like to see more of John Beck. Today's game justified my disgust for Rex Grossman. P.S. I am not on any bandwagon here, I just want to see the skins win, and frankly I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Dang I forgot this was the board where you could type anything you want and somebody has already done it. This is why I like to read the comments from people on here who have no life outside of this forum every day who know everything about the redskins and football in general. Maybe the mass could get together and create there own forum so they could congregate like one big cult. I forgot this forum is not by any means freindly. Not even to their own fans. It's pretty sad we have so many people out there that are signed up but won't type because they will just be bashed anyways. One can only hope the skins pull something out this year. HAIL MOTHER FUC*ER

---------- Post added October-16th-2011 at 11:21 PM ----------

PS I dont know about everyone, but I am pretty sure the dc/maryland/virginia area is tired of losing at all things.It would be nice to win something for once, whether it be the caps or skins

as long as he's on the roster, we need to worry. Rex's leash was MUCH longer than McNabbs. I can see Kyle wanting to prove people wrong by hoping Rex plays again soon.

McNabb lasted what, 12 games? His performances were not as noticeably bad as Rex's because he threw less INTs but he was consistently horrendous after the first couple of weeks.

Archived