Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

I assumed he was just on watch, bored and patrolling.

I can understand that he was upset and walking around, after all he was still on the farm BUT you can not tell me you can not hear someone walking behind you on grass at night... A blood thirsty zombie specially. I dont remember but did he have his gun ready when he saw the cow?

Great post Tris, and as someone who has only watched WD, MM, and BB, I see now why my opinion was skewed on that particular point.

Yeah, I don't think your opinion is uncommon, and definitely wasn't trying to be critical.

The problem is the WD simply doesn't have the same quality of cast and crew as MM and BB, and they need to accept that, and move on. You can still have existential themes emerge in a way that isn't forced and clumsy, while also focusing on your strengths - source material and tension.

****, you can make it popcorn TV and it will ironically be of higher quality than the forced philosophical drivel that is on now. If it is well done, it will be "Important TV". If it is not well done, it won't matter how hard your try and shoe-horn in abstract high-minded themes.

Conn, did you watch Terriers on FX last year before it was cancelled?

I didn't. What did you think of it? Did it deserve cancellation?

Absolutely not. It was incredibly good, but no one watched. To be honest, the only reason I watched is because my girlfriend, who loves dogs, thought a dog would be prominently involved. FX didn't market it great unfortunately, and unless you started from the beginning, you probably weren't going to get to know the characters well enough to make it DVR-worthy TV.

Anyway, I bring it up for a couple reasons - 1) I think FX is doing a much better job of trying to do HBO-quality shows on basic cable, 2) Terriers is the type of shows that AMC should be doing - not necessarily "Important TV" on the surface, but just really well done TV that becomes "Important" because its good. Terriers is a goofy story about basically ametuer PIs, but by sticking to its lane, there is a real emotional connection that I simply don't have with a show like WD. I cared about Terriers because it was solid TV. I don't really care about WD, because it is ****ty TV, and 3) One of the main characters from Terriers was the guy from Philly who Rick shot, and in that limited scene, became the best actor on the screen. I loved the bar scene, and I think it was because there was actually a good actor, and his mere presences elevated the acting of Rick, Glen and Hershel. Shame they had to kill him off so quick. I guess it would have been bad if this new character blew the acting doors off the leads of the show.

Long story short, you should watch Terriers if you are able (its on Netflix instant right now). They got to do a whole season, and even though it wasn't intended, it feels like they wrapped the show up in a really satisfying manner.

I'll definitely check it out!

And the actor you're talking about from the bar scene also played an important role in the first season of True Blood, which is sort of like TWD in that its overacted, but has a premise which interests me enough to keep watching. More of a guilty pleasure watch. But that actor is great there as well, and pulls off a great cajun accent, which is tough to do.

I'll definitely check it out!

And the actor you're talking about from the bar scene also played an important role in the first season of True Blood, which is sort of like TWD in that its overacted, but has a premise which interests me enough to keep watching. More of a guilty pleasure watch. But that actor is great there as well, and pulls off a great cajun accent, which is tough to do.

Is that where I know that actor from?? My gf watches True Blood so I occasionally watch and I saw a good bit of season one.. Is he the one who ended up being the killer?

The Walking Dead - huge hype, huge promise, and I think its safe to say a huge disappointment. Terrible acting, writing, and plot.

The Killing - one of the worst TV experiences of my life. Veena Sud reeled me in over 13 hours only to take a massive, steaming **** on my face.

Huge disappointment to who? You? Because AMC is rolling in cash on this series. I'd also note that it's not nearly as panned by actual critics as it is with message board critics.

Add me to those in this thread that don't think the acting is nearly as bad as some of you are making it out to be. I'll give you that there are some extraordinarily bad decisions that seem to be made only to invite further zombie interaction (Lori going after Rick for no real reason without telling anyone, Carl wandering off into the woods with a gun, etc.), but by just about every measure of success for a network (ratings, advertising, licensing fees, even moderate critical acclaim), The Walking Dead is a success.

I included the other part of your quote about The Killing because I agree that Veena Sud took a massive dump on all of our collective faces. I didn't get reeled in over the course of 13 episodes, though. I was uninvested after about the 4th or 5th red herring as the season went along. Every episode was exactly the same. Massive buildup to some big lead, only to find out in the first 5 minutes of the next episode that the previous episode was a head fake. The only reason I continued to watch was to finally see who killed Rosie, which I didn't get even then.

Huge disappointment to who? You? Because AMC is rolling in cash on this series. I'd also note that it's not nearly as panned by actual critics as it is with message board critics.

Add me to those in this thread that don't think the acting is nearly as bad as some of you are making it out to be. I'll give you that there are some extraordinarily bad decisions that seem to be made only to invite further zombie interaction (Lori going after Rick for no real reason without telling anyone, Carl wandering off into the woods with a gun, etc.), but by just about every measure of success for a network (ratings, advertising, licensing fees, even moderate critical acclaim), The Walking Dead is a success.

Agreed.. People can hate the show, acting, plot, the "stupid decisions" that the characters make that seem to irritate a lot of people. But to say that it's a disappoinment seems to be a bit off. From what I gather the show is pretty popular. Season 3 was given the green light after the season 2 premier brought in 7 million viewers.

Here are the ratings for this past episode: The Walking Dead - AMC

6.771 million viewers, #1; 4.424 million adults 18-49 (3.5 rating), #1

Very far from a disappointment.

Yes, I'm definitely in the camp that, despite with what I agree are valid criticisms, the show's still entertaining and involving and I'm all in. :)

BTW, while I agree with Eers analysis of AMC, I made the point earlier that just from my take on acting/production/writing/etc, many NBC/ABC/CBS/TNT/USA/FX mainstream popular series are better in the disputed categories than WD (and that's not implying that WD is "bad" at all). It's just not needed to go to the "cream of the crop"or HBO as a standard to make valid criticisms.:)

The absolute best part of Zombie fiction is (IMO) when **** hits the fan and society begins to fall apart. This series avoided most of that, and deals with the aftermath. The fact they can entertain me past that says a good deal IMO.

I included the other part of your quote about The Killing because I agree that Veena Sud took a massive dump on all of our collective faces. I didn't get reeled in over the course of 13 episodes, though. I was uninvested after about the 4th or 5th red herring as the season went along. Every episode was exactly the same. Massive buildup to some big lead, only to find out in the first 5 minutes of the next episode that the previous episode was a head fake. The only reason I continued to watch was to finally see who killed Rosie, which I didn't get even then.

This show was such a crock. Should have been one season and done.

This show was such a crock. Should have been one season and done.

Glad I missed investing in that one---seemed to be getting a lot of good reviews initially. I saw the first episode when they repeated it and actually was going to try to get to seeing the rest some time.

I think this Sunday or Next sunday shane is going to be eaten by zombies. I dont think that Randel will escape and get back to his group. I am assuming that the "others" camp is more then 5 miles or 10 miles away from the farm. Good luck traveling 10 miles in a world invested with zombies and not having any guns on you with no cars either.

I also think that the death of dale will have a huge impact on Shane. I think Shane will be overwhelmed he will try to do something once for the good of the group and he will be killed by zombies trying to make up for his wrongs.

Archived