Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Awesome Magical Adventures of Herman Cain Thread (aka.....Herman news)

@DCGoldPants

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/13/cains-race-not-as-big-an-issue-with-conservatives-as-obamas-was-three-years-ago/

TRENDING: Cain's race not as big an issue with conservatives as Obama's was three years ago

Posted by

CNN Political Reporter Shannon Travis

(CNN) - Amid political warfare, it's certainly meant to shock and awe: some conservatives have recently said that Herman Cain could become America's "first black president."

Three years after the nation elected its first African-American president, the Republican Party could make its own history - given his rising poll numbers and raised awareness among voters and in the press, Cain is the first African-American to have a real shot at becoming the Republican presidential nominee.

So why isn't Cain's ethnicity as much a part of his story as it was with Obama?

For one, many conservatives decry the focus on a candidate's race as an obsession for liberals....

isn't using percentages progressive enough?

Is it not punishing lack of wealth enough for your tastes?

---------- Post added October-13th-2011 at 11:43 PM ----------

Wait, avoid what?

That consumption taxes are regressive. A point that is avoided by framing it as "progressive enough".

Do we really need poor people buying new cars?.....think of the planet and recycle

Cars? You sound like a liberal. These people have clean water and access to heating and air conditioning. Time for these pampered lazy workers to understand that their place is to sacrifice everything for their betters. God bless republicans.

*crashing the party*

No ****, all my usual jokers in one thread. Kinda like those Journalisto listserve media peeps who are in collusion to move a certain meme and discredit those who don't conform to their line. Ridicule anyone, alinsky anyone?

Nice to meet you. Bang! the most Moderate of them, Bufurd, GACOLB, Destino, Predicto, Visionary, SnyderShrugged, jpyaks3, twa, honorary, and PeterMP mi Corazon. Imagine. Like this is so serial. Can we take a picture? I'm affraid we won't get this chance often.

The OWS thread would have been a little cleaner if you all would have worn your progressive lapel on your collar. Embrace it. Love it. Sell it. Don't hide it.

*crashing the party*

No ****, all my usual jokers in one thread. Kinda like those Journalisto listserve media peeps who are in collusion to move a certain meme and discredit those who don't conform to their line. Ridicule anyone, alinsky anyone?

Nice to meet you. Bang! the most Moderate of them, Bufurd, GACOLB, Destino, Predicto, Visionary, SnyderShrugged, jpyaks3, twa, honorary, and PeterMP mi Corazon. Imagine. Like this is so serial. Can we take a picture? I'm affraid we won't get this chance often.

The OWS thread would have been a little cleaner if you all would have worn your progressive lapel on your collar. Embrace it. Love it. Sell it. Don't hide it.

:ols:

That consumption taxes are regressive. A point that is avoided by framing it as "progressive enough".

Yeah, that's where you're losing me. I don't understand how making a national sales tax to be a flat percentage of all purchases allows you to frame it as "progressive enough" when people are specifically saying that the tax is regressive because it's a flat percentage of all purchases.

---------- Post added October-14th-2011 at 07:47 AM ----------

:ols:

Seriously... that list...

:ols: :ols: :ols:

(Although I have to say that I'm very offended that I'm not on it. I've been a flaming liberal for years! I demand to be recognized for my pinko Commie ways!)

The OWS thread would have been a little cleaner if you all would have worn your progressive lapel on your collar.

Did he just call twa and honorary_hog progressives? :ols:

How does he ever expect to sell this to the public?

A family of four making under 120K per year then you will pay more taxes under Hermain Cain.

The knee jerk reaction is yes. A more comprehensive evaluation might be no. The federal government taxes you in far more ways than just income tax. Take a look at your cable or telephone bill.

How does he ever expect to sell this to the public?

A family of four making under 120K per year then you will pay more taxes under Hermain Cain.

From what I know of it, the idea of this plan is to replace those taxes that are worked into goods as well. So in reality, it could very well be much less.

*crashing the party*

You lost your hat....

ali2.jpg

---------- Post added October-14th-2011 at 08:17 AM ----------

From WaPo

w-caintax14-g.jpg

Archived