Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Awesome Magical Adventures of Herman Cain Thread (aka.....Herman news)

@DCGoldPants

Sim City's tax plan???? LOL!!!

Wait that makes sense, you can go to the store in your simcar burning simfuel and eat some simfood, and pay taxes in simdollars or simeuros or worse simyuans.

---------- Post added October-13th-2011 at 05:31 PM ----------

Bufford like I said it's regressive. The less money you can afford to spend the more of it that will be taxed. Meaning those lower on the scale will have every dollar they earn taxed. The higher you move up the less income that is taxed. Basically you'd take the current wealth gap and drop a load of dynamite in it... while destroying the federal budget. Not to mention that it is a 9% inflation to the price of everything. The poor in this country don't pay income tax currently so for them it's just a straight up increase to the prices of everything they buy.

But hey let's take a look at the plan from the guys own website.

So in summary. Raises taxes on the poor, this is undeniable. Cuts taxes on the wealthy in the form of: Death Tax, Income Tax, and Capital Gains Tax. Allows for no deductions at all, looking at you charity organizations. All while greatly slashing federal revenue.

And don't forget that during phase one there will be a massive increase in the cost of goods for those that currently pay little to no income tax with no offset. You think those people do much shopping? They do. Phase one will immediately limit that shopping and cause a dramatic loss in to businesses operating in those areas.

Typical poorly thought out plan from republicans. They might as well call it the "how to fool people into accepting a massive tax increase so we can cut almost all taxes the wealthy currently pay". It's just too long for marketing purposes so they flipped the mark of the beast over and called it a day.

This would be great though because at the current pace we may never live to see a revolution.

But the odds are much higher that, when the public understands it, the vast majority of taxpayers will be horrified to realize they face a huge tax increase. That assessment comes from Bruce Bartlett, a senior official in the Reagan and George H.W. Bush administrations, who described the plan as a “distributional monstrosity.”

Damn. :ols:

Originally Posted by Buford

But the odds are much higher that, when the public understands it, the vast majority of taxpayers will be horrified to realize they face a huge tax increase. That assessment comes from Bruce Bartlett, a senior official in the Reagan and George H.W. Bush administrations, who described the plan as a “distribution

It's a Distrosity, that's what that is.

9 9 9 would definitely be a tax increase on me and i doubt it would pass without excluding "bread/milk/etc" and below 30k income.

I don't mind the simplicity compared to the 10 IRS returns will have 10 different results...

Though i wouldn't mind ANYONE in leadership coming out and saying: In this economy history shows we shoudl be 56%, but in Clinton type years it would be 25% for best results.

Welp, I just have to say that all of you bashing the black man on matters of policy are racists. Your rules.

Want to post some examples where Predito or I ever called somebody racist for questioning Obama on policy matters (Heck, I bet I can find more cases where I have been critical of Obama on policy matters than you can find where I've been complementary).

Want to post some examples where Predito or I ever called somebody racist for questioning Obama on policy matters (Heck, I bet I can find more cases where I have been critical of Obama on policy matters than you can find where I've been complementary).

Well, if you want to narrow it down to the two of you, I can't.

But as Predicto himself would tell you, "try not to make the thread about you, unless I call you out specifically." :)

But as Predicto himself would tell you, "try not to make the thread about you, unless I call you out specifically." :)

Well, when you say "all of you" and I'm one of those people, it seems like YOU made it about ME.

Well, when you say "all of you" and I'm one of those people, it seems like YOU made it about ME.

And my argument is the same. But he would say "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know I had to say 'everyone except PeterMP.'"

I have to admit, this side of this IS kinda fun. :D

So because somebody else has been an idiot you decided to do it too?

Here's something. I believe we actually DO need to MASSIVELY alter the tax code, and I'm not sure that'll ever happen with an income tax.

A sales tax might be a good way to do that, but as has been pointed out sales taxes are pretty massively regressive.

Could people support a graded sales tax? You get rid of every tax except the sales tax, and there'd be a sales tax for new cars, but even for cars it wouldn't be flat. The more expensive the car. The higher the tax. You might pay 10% for a Ford Fusion, but 20% on a high end Mercedes.

Archived