Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN 2011 Week 6 Power Rankins are out - Skins Crack the Top 10

Dub70s

Well, when you're right you're right. This is the Redskins week to take command of the Division. They have every reason in the world to want to come out and destroy that team on Sunday.

The biggest is the absolute ass-kicking the Eagles laid on them last year. The Skins should be seeing red all week.

This ranking must be causing much pain over at the four letter network. When we win, the story will be the Eagles loss...not the Skins win.

If we win, I'm just fine with that.

I really enjoyed what they said about Rex. The majority of the responsibility is placed on Rex to win a game. The D seems to be working very well and the O is workable. If the O can find itself even more like its been doing over the season, I can see this.

For once, I agree with that they said in the Power Rankings. This is our's and Rex's chance to prove to everyone we are for real. If we win this game, people will have no choice but to respect us. We have a real chance to gain ground this weekend too. The Cowboys have a tough game against the Pats and the Giants play the Bills. So we have a real shot at putting another game between us and the rest of the division.

That's what I'm saying. After blowing a great opportunity against the Cowboys, we have another one this week. It's very likely that both the Cowboys and Giants could lose this week, and if we can beat the Eagles, unofficially eliminating them from playoff contention, and have both the Giants/Boys lose on the same weekend, we'd be sitting pretty in the East (at least for now). We are going to need all the breaks that we can get.

she's a Philly area reporter

Not surprised. However, she did give us the highest ranking (#8) of any of the writers involved. Hopefully our run game will be effective and Rex won't need to win the game through the air. I'm anxious to see how Torain does if given the starting opportunity.

i don't really see how a skins fan can complain about being ranked 10th. we really only have one impressive win. the other 3 games we haven't really looked that great. certainly, at the end of the season, all that matters is W-L, but the power rankings are purely about perception, not record.

i don't really see how a skins fan can complain about being ranked 10th. we really only have one impressive win. the other 3 games we haven't really looked that great. certainly, at the end of the season, all that matters is W-L, but the power rankings are purely about perception, not record.

Yeah I don't get why people are complaing. And its not like they said anything bad about us in the rankings. The truth is this game will show how far this team and Rex have come. If we win, most of the doubters will back away. But if we lose, all the doubt will creep back in. Its easily our biggest game of the year so far.

I think we're going to run it down the Eagles' throat since they are weak against it and doing so will control time of possession and keep the ball out of their offenses' hands. So Grossman likely won't be needed to throw a lot, but he's still going to need to step up, especially in the redzone. I agree, as it stands right now the division is there for the Skins' taking. Fingers-crossed we answer the call.

...I just want to beat Philly on Sunday. As i stand here right now, i can care less about the rankings. I still have that bad 59-28 taste in my mouth.

I agree, I am not a big rankings guy. It is something that is put together every wek to generate talk, which is fine, but it is by no means the end all be all.

IMO if the Skins want to begin the process of controlling their destiny in terms of making it to the playoffs, it starts this weekend!!!!!!!!

I don't care how they do it: Pass, Run, Great D, Return Kicks.... DON"T CARE!!!!!!!! THEY NEED A WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Use whatever motivation necessary. The 59 points they hung on us at home last year is a start. Div opponent at home. Whatever. The Eagles are not out but they are certainly down. Time to kick them in the chops and start driving nails in the coffin!!!!!

IMO. the W on Sunday rests on the offiense. Philly's down, but they're not out. Their D is shot, but their O is still as explosive as ever. When they need to, they can score at will. We have to out score them!!!!!!

I think its more on play calling of Kyle Shanny, he needs to dial up a lot of runs, Use Torain more, spell him with Helu, and then when they stack the box for the run.

Bring in Hightower for a pass. We need to dominate the t.o.p, keep Vick and his explosive offense on the bench. If we do that, I see us winning.

The skins can not beat the eagles by trying to outscore them. So my question is, Kyle, what you gonna do?

---------- Post added October-11th-2011 at 03:28 PM ----------

Technically we didn't even have one impressive win...

1) Giants, their DB were backups, their DL was missing Tuck and Osi AND we still gave up 4 sacks.

2) Arizona, we almost lost... enough said.

3) Dallas, young offensive lines, 6 miss snaps, defense held them to 6 FGs, Offense couldn't get into the end zone.

4) Rams: IF Bradford's WR had decided to catch the ball... we would have lost.

I think its more on play calling of Kyle Shanny, he needs to dial up a lot of runs, Use Torain more, spell him with Helu, and then when they stack the box for the run.

Bring in Hightower for a pass. We need to dominate the t.o.p, keep Vick and his explosive offense on the bench. If we do that, I see us winning.

The skins can not beat the eagles by trying to outscore them. So my question is, Kyle, what you gonna do?

---------- Post added October-11th-2011 at 03:28 PM ----------

Technically we didn't even have one impressive win...

1) Giants, their DB were backups, their DL was missing Tuck and Osi AND we still gave up 4 sacks.

2) Arizona, we almost lost... enough said.

3) Dallas, young offensive lines, 6 miss snaps, defense held them to 6 FGs, Offense couldn't get into the end zone.

4) Rams: IF Bradford's WR had decided to catch the ball... we would have lost.

A win is a win, I don't care how we get it.

A win is a win, I don't care how we get it.

neither do i, but the power rankings do. they are purely a reflection of perception. if a team just barely beats a crappy team, that's not worth much in this context.

---------- Post added October-11th-2011 at 08:22 PM ----------

Has anyone been complaining about being ranked #10?

THEREALTOR1 on the first page was implying that we got snubbed because we're the bottom-ranked team with one loss.

Essentially they have us as the last ranked "1 loss" team, and they even thew in the "2 loss" stealers ahead of us to boot. Regardless, i'm sure it pains her to even have to rank us that high.
THEREALTOR1 on the first page was implying that we got snubbed because we're the bottom-ranked team with one loss.

You can at least quote my post if your going to suggest "implications" regarding it.

BTW here's the post I quoted in my response:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

:logo: Redskins 10 (12): OK, Rex Grossman. We're watching you. The division is yours for the taking. What have you got? (Fox)

I still don't like Ashley Fox....

Do we see a certain person being referenced in my post and the one being quoted. I was "implying" that it must've been difficult for a philly troll such as herself to have to rank us a high as she did, but at least threw a bone in for her with the stealers, even though I personally don't believe they deserve to be ahead of us, and if you look at the nfln poll there's only a few points (if that) seperating us and the stealers (although they do have them barely ahead of us). Same result, but different, if you know what I mean.

Archived