Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lions Dline destroying the bears

GSF

This team is kind of built to beat teams like the Packers and Pats if you think about it. If the Lions can add a great RB next year and upgrade their oline a little they will be very tough to beat.

That line is fierce. They've drafted and built that line well, just as everyone expected Schwartz would. Those guys are impressive. And young.

Imagine if we were able to hire Schwartz instead of Zorn. Not saying I don't like what Shanny has done, but the Lions are exactly what I'd love to see the Redskins develop into.

---------- Post added October-10th-2011 at 11:42 PM ----------

This team is kind of built to beat teams like the Packers and Pats if you think about it. If the Lions can add a great RB next year and upgrade their oline a little they will be very tough to beat.

Don't sleep on Mikel Leshoure coming back next year. He and Best are going to work very well together.

Best is very good. But like they were saying tonite, he may not be the type of back to give it to with a lead at the end of a game. However, Leshoure probably is. But he was injured in Week 1. I doubt they draft another back. That's gonna be one scary team for years to come.

They need some cb help and maybe olb help...offense they will need a og and maybe an actual bonafide number 2, something like the falcons did this past year by getting jones. But calvin and that d line is ferocious, and i picked their def in ff for a reason way before the season started :). EventuLly drafting every year in the top 5 and not draftin a wr first lol will srt you up for success later on. This is their harvest after a few years of scrub time. Very happy for them and detroit

nah, I put it wayyy more on the Bears line. If that was Trent Williams at LT this game, Skins fans would want him cut tomorrow, and even some of the reasonable posters might agree. That dude had to have had a broken ankle or something, it was insane how easily he was getting beaten.

Suh is for real with his penetration, athleticism etc. Any other guy is down or lost among the clash in the middle, but he's on the ball carrier. If your LT is letting that side be a problem, it's over if you have to deal with Suh further down the play.

I can't stand Cutler, but he seemed to understand the situation and take as much control as he could. That was some really stressful QB play that ended with no picks, no fumbles and a lot of great passes.

And what the hell is wrong with Chicago anyway? That mess on the first drive, 2 wasted timeouts, challenge wasted, turnover on downs. Isn't early game the time when you 'take the 3 points'? That was unbelievable. I think they got real problems over there.

Yeah, what's lost in all this discussion is that there is little mention of Cutler's play tonite. Thought the guy played great. Some of those throws he was making were just ridiculous. All that pressure, and he stood in there and delivered the ball very nicely. Like him or not, you gotta give him props for that. It was almost like he and Forte were the only ones that showed up tonite at all.

The Lions look nice, but I think they might be a bit over-rated at this point. The Bears' OL is horrid. Their WRs are ok. Cutler and Forte are pretty much all they have on offense. If I were a Bears fan I would be seriously pissed at the FO for neglecting the line like they have.

The Lions do not have a run game. Sure they ripped off a few long runs against a depleted defense keying on the pass, but against the better teams they won't be able to run it. I think that's going to back up on them eventually.

In any case, I'm happy for the Detroit fans. Whatever we've been through they've been through times ten. They deserve a good run.

well its not as is if it wasnt expected. take a look at the lions when they played the skins last year. they were raping and have the best line in the game.

also, its about time the lions got good, theyve picked in the top 3 in the draft 5 times since 2000. they just finally started to nail their picks.

Archived