Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Various power rankings and the Skins' place on them -- WEEK 6 UPDATE

You forgot the NFL Networks rankings that they're having us at #10.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d822d312b/article/redskins-crash-top-10-49ers-make-a-splash-after-upset?module=HP11_hot_topics

10 3-1 REDSKINS 4

Look out. This group is 3-1, with the one loss a two-point setback in Dallas. All the talk about Tim Hightower's carries, and Roy Helu's increased action, played itself out in typical Mike Shanahan fashion -- Ryan Torain gained 135 yards on 19 carries. Meanwhile, the defense gave up fewer than four yards per passing attempt to Sam Bradford. Pretty damn impressive.

From what I've seen so far. #10 seems fair.

Since they cant score many points and have no QB - I find the rankings to be pretty fair - they are basing it on the defense, which is darn good.

If they based it on QB play and Off Coordinator play calling - well, the team would sink back into the 20's.

In 8 games as the skins starter Grossman has 13 scores and 18 turnovers. Thats a problem.

NFL experts rankings

http://fanrankings.nfl.com/results/experts

Joe Theismann has them ranked lower than the other experts. Either he knows something about this team or he's trying very hard to not be called a homer.

Or he could be like a lot of fans here on ES who won't be convinced until the Skins' offense is scoring 3+ TDs a game and Grossman is throwing 40 yards TD bombs lol...

Mike Florio/NBC Sports

17. Redskins (No. 18; 3-1): Don’t complain, Redskins fans, about going up only one spot. Beating the Rams by only seven could be regarded as a reason to fall five.

Oh, okay Florio - if you're going to put the Giants at #9 then there's not logic to Skins at 17. One or the other should be moved up or down.

Wow Florio, love your logic. We beat the bad team only by 7 so we deserve #17, but the Giants at #9 beat the same team by a massive 12 points AND they were in their house AND the said team didn't have Steve Jackson. Also you moronic idiot, last time I check these same Giants got handily beaten by the skins and in their last game needed a pathetic call to beat the Cardinals....hey Florio your hate for the skins is front and center......thanks for playing.

This doesn't bother me. Despite being 3-1 (which I'll gladly take anyday of the week and Sunday) we still have our problems to fix. I'd put us between 11-16 if I had to. We're not top 10, but we're not in the second half of the league. We still need Rex to play better. We still need to score TDs and not FGs. We still need a statement win against a team that isn't injured and we still need to ring the bell of a lesser opponent. But I'm OK with getting those wins no matter the circumstance because this isn't supposed to be our year anyway. We still have another year to build this thing right. I believe we'll be a top 10 team in 2012-13 after another solid draft, getting the right QB and another good round of free agents that fit what we're doing.

I think guys like Florio and Cowturd are just stubborn and bitter that the standings didn't turn out how they thought. They need some sort of way to vent and the best way is to take out on the power rankings. What losers. :loser:

I think they just don't know very much about football. I remember the first time I saw Michelle Beadle on ESPN and thought 'nice eye candy to go with the sports expert'. After watching 1 episode I realised she's also the sports expert.

And that part in red is what most of these power rankings are saying as well.

This just in, the world is indeed round. After years of wondering in the outlands no edge has been discovered.

Point being is the polls at the onset of the season where wildly negative, and now this.

Updated for this week's power rankings so far...

---------- Post added October-11th-2011 at 12:30 PM ----------

This just in, the world is indeed round. After years of wondering in the outlands no edge has been discovered.

Point being is the polls at the onset of the season where wildly negative, and now this.

This just in, my earlier point sailed way over your head lol.

I just dont see how we gained momentum when we didnt even play...lol

Redskins have done nothing to show they belong in the top ten of the league. In my opinion that loss in Dallas, collapse/win in St. Louis, and squeaker over Arizona at home are tell tell signs that we are simply slightly above average.

I'd rank us #11 at the highest.

I just dont see how we gained momentum when we didnt even play...lol

Redskins have done nothing to show they belong in the top ten of the league. In my opinion that loss in Dallas, collapse/win in St. Louis, and squeaker over Arizona at home are tell tell signs that we are simply slightly above average.

I'd rank us #11 at the highest.

That's because you're a Redskins fan lol...

Our defense is performing EXTREMELY well and our rushing offense is strong...we're pretty balanced and we are by and large able to overcome mistakes. Believe it or not there aren't a whole lot of teams you can say that about.

And what "collapse" occurred against the Rams? What happened to Dallas against both the Jets and the Lions was a collapse. What happened to the Redskins against the Rams was a momentary letdown that the Skins recovered from before the game became in danger.

Out of curiosity, where would you rank the Cowboys?

That's because you're a Redskins fan lol...

Our defense is performing EXTREMELY well and our rushing offense is strong...we're pretty balanced and we are by and large able to overcome mistakes. Believe it or not there aren't a whole lot of teams you can say that about.

And what "collapse" occurred against the Rams? What happened to Dallas against both the Jets and the Lions was a collapse. What happened to the Redskins against the Rams was a momentary letdown that the Skins recovered from before the game became in danger.

Out of curiosity, where would you rank the Cowboys?

I completely agree with you about our style of play. We have a good defense, we can run the ball well, and we can pass intermediately effectively. But its the two things that we cant do right now that prohibits us from being a top 10 team. We cant stretch the field deep, and we cant score TDs in the redzone. This makes us more like the 2005 Redskins. We'll look good some weeks and suspect other weeks. To me that's a ranking of about #11 or #12. I'd rank the cowboys right behind them at #13 or #14 because they beat us without Miles Austin .And their losses were against the Jets and undefeated Lions. Not exactly easy competition there.

Archived