Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Kyle not equally, if not more to blame? (Than Rex)

seriously

I may be in the minority with this viewpoint, but more than half of Rex's turnovers can easily be blamed on his line or receivers...

If the running game is working, you have the lead- a 2 score one at that... Why do you call that play-action?

Dallas, in the redzone.... WTF is up with that WR screen to Moss?

There are a lot more incidents but I'm trying to keep it short- but I am honestly more in favor of Kyle taking a seat as I am Rex.

Kyle's playcalling was not good today. He tried to get cute when there was no need to. Simply running in some of those 2nd half plays where we stupidly threw it would have not only killed more clock, it would have kept drives going.

Still, the INTs were not his fault. The first was a good play actually, Moss had it and probably gets the first with YAC(if not it sets up an easier FG). The second was just an awful throw, but we probably should have ran it in that situation.

No. It is up to the QB to execute the plays that are called or to check out of them. This are Rex's issues, not Kyle's.

Kyle is to blame for not running out the clock in Dallas though.

You're absolutley correct, it is on the player to execute. But for all the outpour of hate for Rex, I can't help but to cal blame to the playcalling, not to mention a qb can only be held accountable for the ball getting the WR- them popping the ball up and it getting picked is not on his shoulders.

I may be in the minority with this viewpoint, but more than half of Rex's turnovers can easily be blamed on his line or receivers...

If the running game is working, you have the lead- a 2 score one at that... Why do you call that play-action?

There are a lot more incidents but I'm trying to keep it short- but I am honestly more in favor of Kyle taking a seat as I am Rex.

196 yards rushing.

why can't you people understand that? almost 200 yards rushing and a qb who has a history of turning the ball over and you blame the OC?

I said it during the game, but Kyle is not a good play caller. he doesnt have a good instincts as a play caller. Its like he just calls random plays and hopes one breaks for a good gain. So yes, I partially blame Kyle. But Rex is the triggerman and right now, he is not playing good football.

We really have no idea, mostly because we have no idea how many plays Grossman is leaving on the field. Just with the lame TV view, it seems Grossman consistently misses opportunities to pick up guaranteed yards with open guys in the flat by trying to force something tougher downfield to get larger chunks. It hasn't worked since the first half of the Cardinals game.

It certainly seems like Kyle is keeping defenses off balance. We just don't have the players (QB; wide receivers) to fully execute his scheme yet.

The last INT i place right on Rex.. how he does not see that clog of Rams in his field of vision is beyond me. On TV they showed a beautiful angle right over his shoulder.. there's no way he even saw them. He focused right in on Moss.

The pick to Laurinitis was the same,, he never looked away and made a bad throw.

The GOOD news?

we've won 2 games in which Rex played sub-par.. today and vs Arizona.

that is nice.

early in the game I knew why we were passing.. the Rams were terrible coming into the game vs the run, and figured they'd be stacking to try and establish they wouldn't be run over again.. passing early made sense to back them up, and when Torain came in, he found gaping holes to run through.. getting hit by safeties and CBs first is a thing of beauty when you're a RB.

Does anyone know if we script out the first 20 or so plays like a lot of teams used to do?

It looked like it today.

~Bang

Kyle cant resist over elaborating, or getting getting cute when there's no need to. If this is him play calling to Grossman's strengths, then i'd hate to see him play call to undermine him.

Note to Kyle: We don't have Tom Brady at QB, it's Rex Grossman.

Two consecutive weeks of poor play calling. The offense is slowly running out of steam. I think Mike needs to sit down and have a long hard chat with his son in the bye week. He may be a genius at designing plays, but he stinks as a play caller.

The play calling on offense is horrible as far as I'm concerned. The red zone calling is so predictable. I mean 90% of the time it's run, run, pass and the passing situation is long. So yeah Rex might suck, but so does Kyle. The sad thing is were stuck with both of them.

For me, the offense really has been offensive. The mix is just not adding up. Frankly, it's boring and predictable.

We don't go deep. We hardly get both Cooley and Davis involved consistently. And, the over reliance on #89 is just painful to watch. Why aren't we calling plays with 2 TEs and 3 WRs and spreading the offense.

Why aren't Anthony Armstrong, Niles Paul, and Leonard Hankerson being used especially when we can use their physicality in the redzone.

Perhaps, Kyle should spend some time looking at the Patriots offense, and take meticulous notes!

I actually like the way Kyle call the game. He does sometimes get away from the run, he is clearly a pass first coach but it's hard to carp about not committing to the run in a game we almost had 200 yards on the ground.

Rex made some bad decisions and a couple flat bad throws today. The first pick was on Moss, the second was an awful play by Rex. Second time in two weeks he has totally failed to locate the MLB in a Cover 2 look. You just can not make that mistake.

I think talk of benching Rex is very premature. We are 3-1 and playing some good football on defense, have 3 good backs and an OLine which is playing well. Kyle needs to get Rex to settle down and make better decisions. Rex is doing some good things but those brain fades will kill you.

However this year ends up QB is a need next year.

I think Rex will bounce back, benching him will not solve the issue and if they put Beck in, Beck will have too much pressure on him to be "perfect" that he will probably unfold. And what if Beck lays an egg, then what? Then you have two sour grapes QBs. You want your starting QB to be confident, and comfortable and have room to learn from their mistakes. I think the culture of benching after a sour performance has diminished here in Washington.

196 yards rushing.

why can't you people understand that? almost 200 yards rushing and a qb who has a history of turning the ball over and you blame the OC?

I dont think it's Kyle fault because a 196 yards is enough to establish the run.

The defense at certain points were just focusing on the run, but thanks to Torrain great power running it din't show too much.

I know Rex is only our QB to start building this franchise to win, I mean, he's here to do the job. Be starting QB until he melt down with a lot of mistakes and get benched, and until we draft a QB.

I'm fine with Rex because I feel Allen and Shanny know what they're doing. Of course I get mad with Bad Rex or Nervous Rex, but a lot of people immediately goes for Rex's head.

ALL OF US knows Rex is an average QB turning into good QB some games, and other games a very bad QB.

Why did I post all of this? Because IMO the play calling is not giving confidence to Rex, is not putting Rex and the rest of the O in comfortable situations.

Some times (like MNF and today) I felt the O is playing in a videogame, not the execution but the play calling.

We complain about execution, but if we try to manage with some imagination and some "logic" plays, we don't need to put our O under pressure a lot times.

Kyle needs to figure out, he's getting paid for that.

NFCE is not jus tanother random conference, we will not win versus our rivals with the combination of conservative/play calling like Madden 12 on line/prank plays.

I hope Mr. Shanny told something to his son about that "no winning" play calling, because this team has the hand break on the running game and no imagination on the passing game.

Who has Rex rolling to his left when he can barely roll right?

Who gets cute on 3rd and 1 when Torain is running hot and the Rams are on the ropes?

You earn the right to run the ball in this league. Once you have it established that your opponent can't handle your run game, you keep hitting them over the head with it,period.

If ever a game called for the "Riggo Drill", this one was it. We let the Rams back into this game and it almost bit us in the butt.

Happy we got the win, but we have alot to work on.

Excuses, excuses.

Yes the play calling is suspect but nobody is making Grossman throw across his body back across the field or simply not see the MLB.

He's sloppy, inaccurate, out-of-shape and has an attitude about it. **** him, bench his ***. Let's see what Beck has.

It's getting to the point where I expected him to throw that pick to Laurenitis. Not good enough.

Archived