Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Kyle not equally, if not more to blame? (Than Rex)

seriously

Who has Rex rolling to his left when he can barely roll right?

Who gets cute on 3rd and 1 when Torain is running hot and the Rams are on the ropes?

You earn the right to run the ball in this league. Once you have it established that your opponent can't handle your run game, you keep hitting them over the head with it,period.

If ever a game called for the "Riggo Drill", this one was it. We let the Rams back into this game and it almost bit us in the butt.

Happy we got the win, but we have alot to work on.

Absolutely agree with this.

Who has Rex rolling to his left when he can barely roll right?

Who gets cute on 3rd and 1 when Torain is running hot and the Rams are on the ropes?

You earn the right to run the ball in this league. Once you have it established that your opponent can't handle your run game, you keep hitting them over the head with it,period.

If ever a game called for the "Riggo Drill", this one was it. We let the Rams back into this game and it almost bit us in the butt.

Happy we got the win, but we have alot to work on.

because if we get stuffed, it's "we're too one dimensional"

it's all armchair play calling.

i am tired of this board saying "we could call out these plays because we're so predictable" or "we're getting too cute"

the rams had 2 backup CBs who were torched last weak and it was obviously their weak point. they have more legit players up front than we want to give them credit for, we just apparently don't have the horses to take advantage of one of the worst secondaries in the NFL. which is a pathetic thing.

Not at all. You can say he was calling bad plays, but there were several plays that had players wide open and Rex just sucked. Kyle's plays weren't as bad as Rex made them look. I think Kyle showed a little too much faith in Rex though.

Excuses, excuses.

Yes the play calling is suspect but nobody is making Grossman throw across his body back across the field or simply not see the MLB.

The sad part about that was Cooley was WIDE OPEN for a couple seconds. By the time Rex decided to throw it, the coverage had finally reached him.

3rd and 3 up 7 late with a 175 yds rushing, the defense wanting to conserve time outs, we passed. Kyle can be a pass happy bugger.

He is converting this team to a pass first team, keeping up with the league trends. It didnt work, the ole man's run game won it for us today. I wonder whose idea it was to roll out the ATV today.

Bottom line for me is that this is the best HC & OC combo we've had here in quite some time but all you armchair quarterback thing you could do better. Laughable. You'd be out of your depth the second you stepped on the field and out of ideas 5-mins after that.

Would you have Zorn back? Or Gibbs and his old fashioned offense calling in Saunders to blow the dust off his 600 page play book? How about Spurrier?

The Shanahan's are the real deal but this team is still very "new". 2 years in new systems and playbooks. Like it or not this is still early days and a work in progress. Execution is eveything.

Bottom line for me is that this is the best HC & OC combo we've had here in quite some time but all you armchair quarterback thing you could do better. Laughable. You'd be out of your depth the second you stepped on the field and out of ideas 5-mins after that.

Would you have Zorn back? Or Gibbs and his old fashioned offense calling in Saunders to blow the dust off his 600 page play book? How about Spurrier?

The Shanahan's are the real deal but this team is still very "new". 2 years in new systems and playbooks. Like it or not this is still early days and a work in progress. Execution is eveything.

Very true. Just like the running lanes didn't all of a sudden pop up when Torain went out there. Hightower just missed a lot of opportunities.

Yeah Kyle's play calling really ruined Schaub in Houston. He just doesn't understand football. Its all dangerous and scary to pass. A smart OC would run succesfully to set up the run in key situations.

then why isnt it working here? is it rex? cuz apparently last week our WR's werent getting open. if they are stacking the box, we should have WR's open, and they arent getting open.

so whose not doing their job.

kyle does suck, btw. schaubs stats in houston were great, but you run the ball with a lead. particularly when it starts working.

because if we get stuffed, it's "we're too one dimensional"

it's all armchair play calling.

i am tired of this board saying "we could call out these plays because we're so predictable" or "we're getting too cute"

the rams had 2 backup CBs who were torched last weak and it was obviously their weak point. they have more legit players up front than we want to give them credit for, we just apparently don't have the horses to take advantage of one of the worst secondaries in the NFL. which is a pathetic thing.

If we get stuffed??

Up until we went Fun N Gun, the Rams hadn't even hinted at stopping Torain.

And given the way Rex was playing, I don't think it was a good thing to put the game in his hands.

Did you even watch the game today?

then why isnt it working here? is it rex? cuz apparently last week our WR's werent getting open. if they are stacking the box, we should have WR's open, and they arent getting open.

so whose not doing their job.

kyle does suck, btw. schaubs stats in houston were great, but you run the ball with a lead. particularly when it starts working.

We're missing our lone speedy deep threat in Armstrong. That is a huge factor in why our offense can't stretch the field right now. It's damn impressive that we're still able to move the ball with short to intermediate passes and a running game.

If we get stuffed??

Up until we went Fun N Gun, the Rams hadn't even hinted at stopping Torain.

And given the way Rex was playing, I don't think it was a good thing to put the game in his hands.

Did you even watch the game today?

so there was no chance he was going to get stuffed?

what game were you watching? was it a college game with a division 1 against a division III school?

assuming is what has you explaining why you got too predictable at the end of a game.

we don't have a pro bowler on that line and stretch plays were what got us all these yards, so why would that leave you to believe we could just jam it down their throat?

oh, i'm sorry maybe you don't understand the game.

so there was no chance he was going to get stuffed?

what game were you watching? was it a college game with a division 1 against a division III school?

assuming is what has you explaining why you got too predictable at the end of a game.

we don't have a pro bowler on that line and stretch plays were what got us all these yards, so why would that leave you to believe we could just jam it down their throat?

oh, i'm sorry maybe you don't understand the game.

The FACT that late in the game on 3rd and 1 Torain ran straight downhill to salt the game away and allowed Rex to take a knee? You know, the same Ryan Torain that had 135 yards on 19 carries??

The Rams were not stopping the run game today...but Kyle Shanahan sure could.

It's a good sentiment. The end of the 2nd today when it's a 3rd and 1, played conservatively, with an unnecessarily TO to make the clock run as far down as possible, do they run? No, they call a quick pass where Rex tosses the ball to the wrong team. You nearly go in to half time up 14-7.

You know Rex makes mistakes. If you decide to play conservatively, do so. If you have Rex pass anything other than a screen when you've just run down the clock, you didn't really know what you've got at QB.

I have some major issues with the OC, but when a QB turns the ball over 15 times in 8 games as he has here in DC that's on him. Nobody else.

Hail.

rex is turning the ball over too much, but today, one pick was his fault. im just real uncomfortable with the OC, and i wasnt til after last weeks game. now, i'm not so sure.

Gibbs' "old fashioned offense" took the Skins to their first playoff victory since Norv, and their second since, well, his own.

I still think the biggest impediment to Gibbs II's success was, well, Portis' shoulder injury in the preseason. But the second was Al Saunders. He should have trusted the old fashioned approach. During his second run, Gibbs was, if anything, as self-doubting as his laugh would imply.

So yes, bring Gibbs back. Or keep Shanahan. Either works. ;^)

You may not agree with what some people are saying, but you have to bring more to the table than that.

The way I see it is... our offense played one bad quarter today. Unfortunately, that one bad quarter could have cost us dearly. I dont think Kyle's playcalling is nearly as bad as what people are saying, although I do disagree with his choosing to throw the ball on the start of that Interception drive. I like this team right now. Rex needs to find a way to stop turning the ball over. Plain and simple, that's the thing we have to fix most over the bye week. Our defense is there. Our kicking team didnt screw anything up today. Our running game is there for the most part. Now we have to keep Rex from fumbling/throwing into ridiculous places.

With that being said, you guys act like we lost the game. Be happy that this projected 3-13 team is 3-1 and at the top right of our division right now. Everyone in the division is about to lose today but us. We went into St. Louis, didn't play very well offensively, and managed to win the game. Lets hope we fix the issues during the bye.

The FACT that late in the game on 3rd and 1 Torain ran straight downhill to salt the game away and allowed Rex to take a knee? You know, the same Ryan Torain that had 135 yards on 19 carries??

The Rams were not stopping the run game today...but Kyle Shanahan sure could.

you mean like when rex missed a wide open moss for a first down?

blaming a OC for a qb not being able to make a basic 3 yard throw is just hilarious.

i get it, you just assume that we can line up and run the ball down someone's throat even though we don't run up the middle at all.

so you want your RB going east and west on a 1 yard play because that's where those yards came from.

seriously, if grossman could get his game up to average this game would have been a blowout and we would be 4-0.

The way I see it is... our offense played one bad quarter today. Unfortunately, that one bad quarter could have cost us dearly. I dont think Kyle's playcalling is nearly as bad as what people are saying, although I do disagree with his choosing to throw the ball on the start of that Interception drive. I like this team right now. Rex needs to find a way to stop turning the ball over. Plain and simple, that's the thing we have to fix most over the bye week. Our defense is there. Our kicking team didnt screw anything up today. Our running game is there for the most part. Now we have to keep Rex from fumbling/throwing into ridiculous places.

With that being said, you guys act like we lost the game. Be happy that this projected 3-13 team is 3-1 and at the top right of our division right now. Everyone in the division is about to lose today but us. We went into St. Louis, didn't play very well offensively, and managed to win the game. Lets hope we fix the issues during the bye.

didnt rex only throw 1 INT today (that was his fault)?

how was kyles playcalling last week? i thought it cost us the game more than any other factor.

If Kyle had a real QB to run his offense, I think you would see better play calling. He can only call what Rex can execute. Rex can't roll out, thus Kyle can't call those plays too often.

I wish we could stick Rodgers in this offense under Kyle and see how well he does. Then everyone would be praising his play calling. Not saying Kyle is great, but he is better than the critism.

You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has games, and those games have to be won by men with helmets. Who's gonna do it smurf85? You? You, mi6? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom! You weep for Rex Grossman and you curse the Redskins. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Grossman being the starting quarterback, while tragic, probably wins games. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, wins games! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want Grossman with the ball! You need Grossman with the ball! We use words like "evaluation", "conditioning", "protections". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent gameplanning something. You use them as a punchline! I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the victories that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide them! I would rather you just said "Thank you, Go Skins," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a headset, and stand on the sideline. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

Archived