Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA TODAY - Southwest boots actress for 'excessive' lesbian kiss

The Evil Genius

What the heck is wrong with Southwest Airlines?

They keep booting the wrong people (that is, people who have major media connections).

First, they kick off director Kevin Smith from a flight for being too fat. Then, they boot the lead singer of Green Day for his pants being too low. Now, they boot an actress for an "excessive" kiss with her girlfriend.

Someone's going to get fired.

:doh:

220px-Leisha_Hailey_1.JPG

http://travel.usatoday.com/flights/post/2011/09/l-word-star-kiss-/549137/1

Southwest boots actress for 'excessive' lesbian kiss

She kissed a girl and Southwest didn't like it."

That's the word from USA TODAY Lifeline blogger Anne Oldenburg, reporting on former The L Word actress Leisha Hailey's claim that she was thrown off a flight for kissing her girlfriend.

Reuters has more on the story, writing the complaint from Hailey surfaced "in a stream of Twitter messages on Monday … ."

"SouthwestAir endorses homophobic employees," Hailey is quoted as saying in one of her Tweets. "Since when is showing affection toward someone you love illegal? I want to know what Southwest Airlines considers a 'family.' "

More after link

So this is all it takes? Remind me to complain next time there's a whining baby on my flight. Or a dumbass beside me who has to get out of his/her seat every 10 minutes. Or two ugly people kissing.

:applause:

Additionally, there is no way for SWA to spin this to look good. They will eventually offer an empty apology and hope they don't kick off another well connected person for something trivial anytime soon.

So this is all it takes? Remind me to complain next time there's a whining baby on my flight. Or a dumbass beside me who has to get out of his/her seat every 10 minutes. Or two ugly people kissing.

Yeah, tell me about it. Not sure how Southwest thought this would end well, or fuel good publicity.

i know! imagine my outrage when that filthy mudperson was kissing that sweet and innocent looking white girl.... but next time things will be different... NEXT time!

If you complained and the attendant asked the offender to correct it,would it matter if the passenger went ballistic?

Statement Regarding Southwest Airlines Customers Removed from Flight 2274

Sep 26 2011

Initial reports indicate that we received several passenger complaints characterizing the behavior as excessive. Our crew, responsible for the comfort of all Customers on board, approached the passengers based solely on behavior and not gender. The conversation escalated to a level that was better resolved on the ground, as opposed to in flight. We regret any circumstance where a passenger does not have a positive experience on Southwest and we are ready to work directly with the passengers involved to offer our heartfelt apologies for falling short of their expectations.

http://www.blogsouthwest.com/news/statement-regarding-southwest-airlines-customers-removed-flight-2274

If you complained and the attendant asked the offender to correct it,would it matter if the passenger went ballistic?

Statement Regarding Southwest Airlines Customers Removed from Flight 2274

Sep 26 2011

Initial reports indicate that we received several passenger complaints characterizing the behavior as excessive. Our crew, responsible for the comfort of all Customers on board, approached the passengers based solely on behavior and not gender. The conversation escalated to a level that was better resolved on the ground, as opposed to in flight. We regret any circumstance where a passenger does not have a positive experience on Southwest and we are ready to work directly with the passengers involved to offer our heartfelt apologies for falling short of their expectations.

http://www.blogsouthwest.com/news/statement-regarding-southwest-airlines-customers-removed-flight-2274

That doesn't say anything about them going ballistic.

Regardless, my point is that they shouldn't be asked to stop doing something solely because people complained about it. They should be asked to stop doing something if it violates Southwest policy.

Honestly, if this was just really excessive PDA, I think its deserved. Imagaine seeing a guy and a girl going at it on a plane. Wouldnt you want them booted. The only reason any of us are thinking this is unfair is because the girl is hot and its a lesbian kiss. But in reality, with kids on a plane, etc., its probably a legit decision.

Archived