Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA TODAY - Southwest boots actress for 'excessive' lesbian kiss

The Evil Genius

Honestly, if this was just really excessive PDA, I think its deserved. Imagaine seeing a guy and a girl going at it on a plane. Wouldnt you want them booted. The only reason any of us are thinking this is unfair is because the girl is hot and its a lesbian kiss. But in reality, with kids on a plane, etc., its probably a legit decision.

No. People kissing shouldn't be grounds for dismissal from a plane.

The question then is, what's defined as that? The person in question has defined it as a quick peck on the lips.

Of course the "victim" did. You think she's going to say she was shoving her tongue down the other girl's mouth?

She going to make herself look as good as possible.

Honestly, if this was just really excessive PDA, I think its deserved. Imagaine seeing a guy and a girl going at it on a plane. Wouldnt you want them booted. The only reason any of us are thinking this is unfair is because the girl is hot and its a lesbian kiss. But in reality, with kids on a plane, etc., its probably a legit decision.

Then ask them to stop. Kicking them off? That's excessive.

Of course the "victim" did. You think she's going to say she was shoving her tongue down the other girl's mouth?

Whose to say that it wasn't overly sensitive mid western soccer moms (fyi - flight was heading to St. Louis) that reported them because they didn't want to see two women share a kiss on the lips?

:ols:

And vice versa, of course. The passenger may just have been a whiny Church Lady who caused a big stink over nothing.

None of us know the truth.

---------- Post added September-27th-2011 at 01:25 PM ----------

Well, I'm assuming they asked them to stop first and they kept going at it.

Assuming facts not in evidence, counsellor.

Assuming facts not in evidence, counsellor.

It is fact according to the SW statement I posted.

What world do ya'll live in that a flight attendant is gonna create waves over a simple 'peck on the lips'???

I 've had some that were *******s,but they rarely go out of their way to cause problems for themselves

It is fact according to the SW statement I posted.

What world do ya'll live in that a flight attendant is gonna create waves over a simple 'peck on the lips'???

I 've had some that were *******s,but they rarely go out of their way to cause problems for themselves

And what world do you live in that you take a corporation "cover our ass" public statement as gospel truth? :whoknows:

I think all this Southwest Airlines booting celeb's is BS. The celebs probably getting paid and SW is saying, "Media Story = Free Advertising = PROFIT!"

it's all planned.

Yeah that's it. Um, no.

A kiss...really, I mean really. Stupid.

---------- Post added September-27th-2011 at 04:37 PM ----------

And what world do you live in that you take a corporation "cover our ass" public statement as gospel truth? :whoknows:

What was that soap opera called ?

Another.

Its in evidence. I can form an opinion based on facts in evidence. In fact, my expert opinion need not even be based on admissible evidence; but still the facts are in evidence and you all have every right to assume they are true!

Edit:

Assuming this part of the story is true: "Southwest, however, had a slightly different take on the incident. It says one of its attendants intervened after receiving complaints from other passengers. But, Southwest -- which supports several gay organizations -- characterized the kiss not as a simple peck, but as "excessive."

"Our crew, responsible for the comfort of all customers on board, approached the passengers based solely on behavior and not gender," the airline says in a statement quoted by Reuters. "The conversation escalated to a level that was better resolved on the ground, as opposed to in flight."

Then I think they were within their bounds to get her off the plane. If its not true, well then they should burn in hell.

Gospel?...No

I do believe in benefit ot doubt and burden of proof though :pfft:

it don't pass the smell test at first sniff :ols:

Tailgaters sure will fight over anything. We must have lost to Dallas in a ****ty game.

This could have been bigoted freaks kicking out paying customers for perfectly reasonable behavior. Or it could have been passengers acting entirely inappropriately and then refusing to comply with instructions from flight crew, and even getting argumentative. Or something in between.

Right now, there isn't enough information to come to a well-reasoned conclusion.

Tailgaters sure will fight over anything. We must have lost to Dallas in a ****ty game.

This could have been bigoted freaks kicking out paying customers for perfectly reasonable behavior. Or it could have been passengers acting entirely inappropriately and then refusing to comply with instructions from flight crew, and even getting argumentative. Or something in between.

Right now, there isn't enough information to come to a well-reasoned conclusion.

Agreed.

This is only one side of it, of course.

In no way were our actions on Southwest Airlines excessive, inappropriate or vulgar. We want to make it clear we were not making out or creating any kind of spectacle of ourselves; it was one, modest kiss.

“We are responsible adult women who walk through the world with dignity. We were simply being affectionate like any normal couple. We were on the airplane less than five minutes when all was said and done. We take full responsibility for getting verbally upset with the flight attendant after being told it was a ‘family airline.’

“We were never told the reason the flight attendant approached us, we were only scolded that we ‘needed to be aware that Southwest Airlines was a family oriented airline.’ No matter how quietly homophobia is whispered, it doesn’t make it any less loud. You can’t whisper hate. We ask this airline to teach their employees to not discriminate against any couple, ever, regardless of their own beliefs.

“We want to live in a society where if your loved one leans over to give you an innocent kiss on an airplane it’s not labeled as ‘excessive or not family oriented’ by a corporation and its employees. We find it very disturbing that the same airline who lauds itself as being LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) friendly has twisted an upsetting incident that happened into our behavior being ‘too excessive’.”

http://blog.sfgate.com/dailydish/2011/09/27/leisha-hailey-responds-after-being-kicked-off-plane-for-%E2%80%98excessive%E2%80%99-kiss/?gta=commentlistpos#commentlistpos

Sounds like it was the argument that got them kicked off, not the kiss.

Seriously, if an employee approaches you and asks you to stop doing something, just do it. Geeze, like you can't not kiss someone for 5 hours max? The emplyee tried to approach things in a tactful way and it is interesting how it went from a peck to a modest kiss. SW was right in their decision for the sake of the other passengers. I don't want to hear someone complaining loudly

According to Hailey, "a small peck on the lips" is being considered excessive by SWA.

According to Southwest, and the other passengers, it was excessive.

There's a time and a place for tonsil hockey. On a plane, in close quarters with other travelers isn't it. I don't care if you're gay, straight, bi, or reptilian.

Sounds like it was the argument that got them kicked off, not the kiss.

Most likely correct.

The emplyee tried to approach things in a tactful way

Again, you don't know if that is true or not (and neither do I). Usually it is the passenger who is being the asshat, but sometimes it is the employee.

Most likely correct.

Again, you don't know if that is true or not (and neither do I). Usually it is the passenger who is being the asshat, but sometimes it is the employee.

True enough. You would think by now that there are some places that getting irate doesn't help your case, a plane being one of them. Honestly I used to be that irate person when dealing with customer service, then I had an epiphany and decided to kill them with kindness, amazing how much lower my stress level was and how much better the results I got. I do know this, if you make a scene in public, it will most often end badly for you.

Archived