Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA TODAY - Southwest boots actress for 'excessive' lesbian kiss

The Evil Genius

Fact of the matter is multiple customers complained. Right, wrong or indifferent, the airline had a duty to address the situation. Now maybe the flight attendant didn't use the perfect words but as long as she approached the situation politely I have no problems with it. The flight attendant was trying to say hey, we received some complaints, can you please not do that anymore. Regardless of whatever rights you feel you have, you do not have a right to get irate in public like that. Well you do, but that usually gets you kicked out. If you want to make a big scene then you will be removed because you are agitating other passengers on the plane.

This whole wo is me, I am a lesbian stuff is crazy. I don't know ANYONE of my friends that would complain about a peck or a modest kiss or even 4 hours of tonsil hockey....Unless the lesbians were ugly. LOL

The people who got kicked off, I suspect, claim they didn't do anything wrong. The airline, I suspect, claims that they did.

Analogy:

Some guy claims that he got arrested because he was making a video recording of a cop. Cop says he was arrested because the cop felt threatened.

I, at least, have to wonder. You know that when things like this happen, people tend to go into "lawsuit prevention mode". Was it a case of "Now, officer, if you arrested this person for taking pictures of you, then that's illegal. Maybe criminal. But if you arrested him because you felt threatened, then that's legal. So tell us, officer, did you feel threatened?"

(Granted, I think we all know that sometimes, it's a case of "how can I provoke this cop into doing something that I can claim was something evil and Nazi-like", too.)

I have to say that my perspective, though, is that I've never seen behavior that was bad enough that I would consider thinking that I had the authority to ask an employee to tell those customers to stop doing (whatever they're doing). Maybe, if they were smoking in my face, or something.

In short, I have trouble imagining a couple possibly doing something that was so bad, that it deserved having people complain to the employees and demand that the employees make them stop. And this was supposedly multiple people?

Whereas, I have no problem at all imagining a corporation saying "uh oh, we've done something that's making us look bad, and might get us sued. But if we claim that it was so terrible that multiple customers were offended, then, well, nobody can prove that it didn't happen."

(Just like I have no problem at all imagining that the two people were kissing, that one employee made one comment along the lines of "hay, can't you tone it down?", and the customer rose up in righteous indignation and began yelling "discrimination".)

Fact of the matter is multiple customers complained.

Fact of the matter is, days after the event happened, the airline claims that multiple customers complained.

Right, wrong or indifferent, the airline had a duty to address the situation.

Really? They do?

You mean, if I tell the airline that I don't want any cranky babies on my flight, then they have a duty to not allow babies on board, even though they've paid?

If I complain about the interracial couple being on the airplane, then they don't get to fly, because after all, me being offended is more important than the fact that they paid for their tickets, too?

If multiple ESers are on a flight, do we have the right to demand that Dallas colors cannot be worn? After all, no matter what rights those Cowboy fans think they have, the rule is that whatever one person finds offensive is more important than what's right, is that the rule, now?

Sounds kind of like political correctness, to me. Any time one person complains, then everybody else in the world must comply with that person's demands regardless of who's actually right. Is that your position?

---------- Post added September-30th-2011 at 03:21 PM ----------

I like it better when Southwest was kicking screaming kids off the planes.

Oh and fat people, especially that fat ass Kevin Smith.

Was that them?

I've had this mental image for a while. I've seen things airlines have, where they have a wooden box, and a sign that says that to be carried on board, your carryon must fit in this box. My mental image is of a similar box, and a sign stating that your **** must fit.

:)

So people were offended by a lesbian kiss and complained. People are offended when douchey guys wear skinny jeans so low that their ass is clearly visible. People complain when raunchy tshirts offend them. And you know what? Every person who falls into the categories I listed will defend their choice. You know why? Because to them, nothing was offensive. However, something is always offensive to someone. Let the PDA continue? You offend the conservative patrons. Tell them to stop, you offend the liberal patrons. Tell the douche to pull up his pants? You offend the young patrons. Tell the tshirt dude to turn it inside out? You offend the 30-something patrons (people like me, who LOVE sarcastic and ironic tshirts). This country has turned into a society obsessed with being offended. Anything done to someone is examined to attempt to find a reason to be offended. Wanna make out with your girlfriend? Don't do it in a tin can with 150 other people in it. Being asked to stop is not discrimination. It is not offensive. It is called common decency. And I don't care if "you" is a male or female.

Wanna make out with your girlfriend? Don't do it in a tin can with 150 other people in it. Being asked to stop is not discrimination. It is not offensive. It is called common decency. And I don't care if "you" is a male or female.

How many straight couples do you figure Southwest has kicked off of a plane, or even told them to knock it off?

How many straight couples do you figure Southwest has kicked off of a plane, or even told them to knock it off?
I would guess quite a few. The difference? No one cares when a straight couple is kicked off because it can in no way be used to sell newspapers or generate discrimination claims.

EDIT: My reason for saying this is that the largest percentage of passengers using Southwest are straight people. Simple statistical probabilities indicate that straight people will have been removed more than any other category. As a percentage of people removed, this number would probably be lower, but have happened more frequently.

When I look at her statement and see

No matter how quietly homophobia is whispered, it doesn’t make it any less loud.

That's the kind of BS that makes me almost certain she is the Al Sharpton of lesbians, and wonder of wonders, she found something that offended her. Enough that she found it necessary to start yelling at the crew. This, by the way, is why she was booted, not for kissing someone.

Archived