Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NJ.com: Barry Cofield might have tipped off Ryan Kerrigan on game-changing interception

kubstix

Just the way a true team should be. Quality rookies getting quality advice from quality veterans. Guys we're finally a team. I hope this carries on for many years. Like someone said, it makes things better that Coefield might have remembered the play. If they didn't change the "buzz words" that's their fault.

BTW first post. I have been lurking the B-Jesus out of you all and finally made an account. Thanks for the awesome, lightning fast information throughout the summer. I'll try not to be a noob even though it may shine through every now and then. I'll just take my whipping and try to learn from it lol.

Just the way a true team should be. Quality rookies getting quality advice from quality veterans. Guys we're finally a team. I hope this carries on for many years. Like someone said, it makes things better that Coefield might have remembered the play. If they didn't change the "buzz words" that's their fault.

BTW first post. I have been lurking the B-Jesus out of you all and finally made an account. Thanks for the awesome, lightning fast information throughout the summer. I'll try not to be a noob even though it may shine through every now and then. I'll just take my whipping and try to learn from it lol.

Solid first post out of you. You're like a rookie LB deflecting a pass and housing it in his first game. :D

The thing that jumps out to me, is that it seemed like EVERYONE recognized the play. I don't remember the last time that happened; that a quarterback walked to the line to call in audible or a sight adjustment or an alert, and everybody knew what was going on.

Cofield looks at the d-line, he looks over at Kerrigan. Rocky looks like he looked at both corners. D-Hall seemed to know the play. Because when the ball was snapped, everyone FLEW to that football.

That was the most impressive thing to me.

The thing that jumps out to me, is that it seemed like EVERYONE recognized the play. I don't remember the last time that happened; that a quarterback walked to the line to call in audible or a sight adjustment or an alert, and everybody knew what was going on.

Cofield looks at the d-line, he looks over at Kerrigan. Rocky looks like he looked at both corners. D-Hall seemed to know the play. Because when the ball was snapped, everyone FLEW to that football.

That was the most impressive thing to me.

This type of thing is more impressive than the actual interception itself. A team that can read the offense and stop it. An interception is definitely something to be excited about but seeing that it wasn't dumb luck means that we can guess it will not only happen more often but will improve.

Welcome to the board grasshopper.

Now take the pledge: http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?203223-****-the-Cowboys

They might have been tipped off by Cofield but the article pretends that Kerrigan didn't protect himself from the cut block and reached straight up as if he knew the risk but though it worth it. This is asanine since anyone can see that Kerrigan does a textbook push down of the cut block and then reaches up. Technique here is the key and Kerrigan is the technician.

Love this. But give the credit to Kerrigan who beat a cut, got his hands in the air, batted the ball, and then from his HS days of being a TE, found it and rumbled in. Great play from a soon to be great player. I don't want to hurt myself with the excessive pats on my own back but that was my guy months before the draft.

If Cofield tipped RK on that play, that's awesome. I'm even more impressed by the rookie. It shows that he has the mental ability to adjust "on the fly" and act on information at a moments notice, instead of just relying on instinct.

It's a tribute to his intelligence.

The crazy thing about that play, if anybody watched the NFL Top 100 series, was that Julius Peppers made a play very similar to Kerrigan's. Part of the analysis on Peppers, a top 10 player, was about the amazing skills it took for him to defeat the block, tip the pass, and make the diving INT. The combination of quick reflexes, concentration, and athleticism was all there, and you can literally play the exact same commentary about Kerrigan on the play he made. That was just an amazing play.

Archived