Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

8pm: Cnn/Tea Party Republican Debate

88Comrade2000

Well, those Republicans are at again. The first of 2 debates in Florida, today and on 9/22.

Why would CNN sponsor a debate with the Tea Party.

Republidiots picked a night with 2 football games; not smart.

BWahahahahaha. Republiots? Whoaaaaaaa, classic!!!!!!

---------- Post added September-12th-2011 at 10:36 AM ----------

I think the debate will be alot more red meat than the last. It's up against football so I think only the die hard GOPers will be watching.

I look forward to reading the bits afterwards... the ummm "red meat" that they'll throw to their dogs. It's always interesting to see the depths of idiocy that the "Republidiots" are willing to descend in public

Though I sincerely hope Romney has a good showing, I'm starting to feel sorry for the guy

It sure sounds like Perry is going to double down on his Social Security argument. I suspect this will gain him even more street cred with the right.

From his Op-Ed in the USAToday:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/story/2011-09-11/Rick-Perry-Social-Security/50362610/1

Rick Perry: I am going to be honest with the American people

The first step to fixing a problem is honestly admitting there is a problem.

As I said at the Reagan Library recently, Social Security benefits for current recipients and those nearing retirement must be protected. For younger workers, we must consider reforms to make Social Security financially viable.

These are the hard facts: Social Security's unfunded liability is calculated in the trillions of dollars. Last year, annual Social Security outlays exceeded annual revenues for the first time since 1983. The Congressional Budget Office projects that outlays will be roughly 5% greater than revenues over the next five years, worsening as more and more Baby Boomers retire.

By 2037, retirees will only get roughly 76 cents back for every dollar that is put into Social Security unless reforms are implemented. Imagine how long a traditional retirement or investment plan could survive if it projected investors would lose 24% of their money?

there's a joke there about tea partiers, but it's just too easy. So I'll pass

Here's an interesting tangent. I'll be visiting my son's AP teachers for Physics, Calc and Computer Science as part of our back to school night. My son indicated that natural born citizens were in the minority in any of these classes (he's not one). Given we live in very affluent suburbia where immigrants represent perhaps 10% of the population, what does this suggest about immigration policy if we want America to be a technology leader? :)

I look forward to reading the bits afterwards... the ummm "red meat" that they'll throw to their dogs. It's always interesting to see the depths of idiocy that the "Republidiots" are willing to descend in public

Though I sincerely hope Romney has a good showing, I'm starting to feel sorry for the guy

BWAHAHAHA. There it is again!!! Republiots, idiocy. Man you guys are on fire!

Here's an interesting tangent. I'll be visiting my son's AP teachers for Physics, Calc and Computer Science as part of our back to school night. My son indicated that natural born citizens were in the minority in any of these classes (he's not one). Given we live in very affluent suburbia where immigrants represent perhaps 10% of the population, what does this suggest about immigration policy if we want America to be a technology leader? :)

It clearly suggests we need a presidential candidate who throws around phrases such as "buncha them scientists tellin' us what to do" and "we need to teach creationism in science class"

Lead the way, o' fearless tea partiers. lead the way.

Less about immigration policy and more about American parenting....imo

I've noticed it as well

Less about immigration policy and more about American parenting....imo

I've noticed it as well

Good luck fixing American parenting. :ols:

Admitting a few hundred thousand more engineers and scientists after they've got their professional and postgraduate education seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Good luck fixing American parenting. :ols:

Admitting a few hundred thousand more engineers and scientists after they've got their professional and postgraduate education seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Always room for talent and money ,I doubt that will ever change.:ols:

Always room for talent and money ,I doubt that will ever change.:ols:

There should be room for talent when we have a great shortage, but that's absolutely not current policy.

Too many of the limited stock of technology work visas are soaked up by outsourcing companies.

Too many of the limited stock of technology work visas are soaked up by outsourcing companies.

Those they bring in aren't educated and skilled?

Money alone is enough apparently

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/sep/03/business/la-fi-easy-visa-20110904

In U.S. visa program, money talks

The little-known federal EB-5 visa program lets would-be immigrants invest their way into the U.S.

You got a problem with letting people die?

It depends on the situation. I certainly have serious reservations about pulling the plug on someone just because they don't have healthcare insurance, and I would like to think that every reasonable person would agree with me. Perhaps a reasonable person could make the case that, under certain circumstances, pulling the plug is the right thing to do, but I cannot imagine a reasonable person acting like it's a "no-brainer." The members of the audience who said "YES!" sure sounded like they think it's a no-brainer ... which says quite a bit about their reasonableness.

Same deal with the audience members who loudly cheered when Perry was asked about the executions in Texas. I firmly believe some people deserve, in Perry's words, "the ultimate justice." However, it's incredibly callous and immature to cheer the deaths like your football team just scored the winning touchdown in the Super Bowl.

Archived