Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

8pm: Cnn/Tea Party Republican Debate

88Comrade2000

So you wish to critique the audience instead of the debate participants?

seems a waste of time and a bit snobbish...but I'm game

personally I liked Paul's answer there

I'm game to discuss the participants' answers, but the response from the audience was noteworthy. In any case, as loony as Ron Paul's policies might be, I've got to admire his consistency and candor. I can't believe he made those comments about "blowback."

Then you don't know Paul,he doesn't care about winning,but rather about principle.....too bad most can't see the forest for the trees.

Odd duck

I know him quite well. My father is a big fan. I wouldn't characterize him as principled, I would characterize him as dogmatic. That's why he has so many followers and even more detractors. The guy clearly isn't a spineless whore, but he's got the intellectual flexibility of a robot.

Ehhh. Had to watch it and see for myself. Was clearly a field day against Perry. I think he may have realized tonight just how he stacks up. Im sure he'll show some teeth eventually. I don't know enough about the GOPers but have no clue why Gingrich is still in the house.

Ron Paul does his share to fuel the flames of the tea party nation and certain irresponsible "inaccuracies" but I have to admit that I do admire his candor on certain topics.

The rest of the cast and their shallow vague dodgy answers were painful to watch. I know it's a game and given that I think Bachmann won this round.

I missed the whole thing. Kind of tired of politics lately (I am confident that we will never change and are heading for disaster with no relief on the horizon).

I heard that they asked a Federal reserve question, but of course they didnt allow the one candidate with the most vocal critique of the organization to even have a chance to answer it.

Those they bring in aren't educated and skilled?

Not to the level you would want.

Money alone is enough apparently

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/sep/03/business/la-fi-easy-visa-20110904

In U.S. visa program, money talks

The little-known federal EB-5 visa program lets would-be immigrants invest their way into the U.S.

That's hardly little-know. And it's pretty useless to attract bright young engineers and scientists.

None and they didn't talk about education matters. Would like to see the upcoming debates tackle questions in regards to the education system in the country.

what do you think of the effort to get the cost of a degree down to 10k?

what do you think of the effort to get the cost of a degree down to 10k?

I believe the bigger problem is cultural. Until parents and leaders teach their children (by actions) that math and science are more important than faith and good-ole common sense, we will continue to fall behind, no matter what changes are made to the system.

So, apparently, when Ron Paul was asked whether a coma patient without insurance should be allowed to die, a member of the audience shouted, "YES!" Pure awesomeness.

And nobody on the stage would actually answer the question.

---------- Post added September-13th-2011 at 09:42 AM ----------

And?

I think the immigration discussion is amusing....how many of them have really dealt with illegal immigration?

Sorry I can't remember all their names, but I enjoyed the guy from Utah telling the guy from Texas that securing the border is no problem and he would have had it taken care of already. I'm not supporting any plan for building a fence, etc, but the guy from Utah sounded like an idiot at that point.

I also love how when asked about how they would win over the latino votes, all of the answers assumed that latino = illegal immigrant.

I believe the bigger problem is cultural. Until parents and leaders teach their children (by actions) that math and science are more important than faith and good-ole common sense, we will continue to fall behind, no matter what changes are made to the system.

Why not all four?....ya don't believe in being well rounded? :)

If parents taught common sense to start with the other would follow

Why not all four?....ya don't believe in being well rounded? :)

If parents taught common sense to start with the other would follow

Faith and "common sense" have been politicized to contradict science, math, and education in general. Now THAT's a controversy worth teaching.

---------- Post added September-13th-2011 at 10:23 AM ----------

CNN is the closest to a real news network on cable. It should show the debates to maintain credibility, and with NFL network, comcast, Espn1 through Ocho, there is no safe day.

It may be the closest in relative terms, but it's garbage as well.

Yesterday morning they had an interview with Herman Cain. The CNN "journalist" asked a question about taxes. A part of the question was "as we all know a large portion of the population does not pay any taxes". :doh:

---------- Post added September-13th-2011 at 10:26 AM ----------

None and they didn't talk about education matters. Would like to see the upcoming debates tackle questions in regards to the education system in the country.

Maybe some Huntsman supporters will begin sneaking science/education questions in there :)

Seriously though, I'd love seeing some of these clowns squirming on the topic of evolution.

Not true for all of those folks, but I digress

You know what I mean. Just that the 08 election was so much about needing the experience to fight terrorists up until the economy crashed. Then McCain suspended his campaign for a few days which was pretty bad. Oh, that Palin thing probably didn't help in the long run.

Faith and "common sense" have been politicized to contradict science, math, and education in general. Now THAT's a controversy worth teaching.

I would say science has been politicized as well .:)

I would agree teaching not to do so would be worthwhile, they all can coexist if kept in proper perspective.

add

your desire for evolution questions illustrates that politicization

Would you like them to be asked if they believe in evolution?

or

If they accept evolution as a valid scientific theory?

which one do you desire and why? :D

I would say science has been politicized as well .:)

Not everybody is throwing the poo, but everybody ends up stinking.

(aka GOP's main political strategy)

I would agree teaching not to do so would be worthwhile, they all can coexist if kept in proper perspective.

Yeah many things are theoretically possible.

your desire for evolution questions illustrates that politicization

Would you like them to be asked if they believe in evolution?

or

If they accept evolution as a valid scientific theory?

which one do you desire and why? :D

Niether - both questions have caveats.

1) I do not think that terms "faith" or "belief" are appropriate when discussing science.

and

2) Evolution is much more than just a "valid scientific theory". Among other things, it is the fundamental basis of all modern biology, medicine, etc. Evolution is as proven as it can be.

Archived