Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No "Victory Monday"

skinsfansince1988

Good!! I think they should. I did not see anything in that game to make me think any team in the NFL is worried about playing the Redskins this year. I will say the defense played a lot better the second half but even then they were helped on a lot of those drives by the Giants being backed up. Plus you have to consider that the Giants were missing several guys on defense, which basically means our O-line was getting manhandled by a bunch of second striggers. I see a lot of work to be done but I am happy for the win and hope to see improvement every week.

It wasn't just Fletcher, more importantly it sounds like it was the team as a whole. Check out the locker room video on redskins.com, specifically Tim Hightower's interview.

Larry: After the game, coach talked to you guys. Can you describe the feeling in the locker room?

Tim: You know to be honest its funny, you think guys would be running around acting crazy. I mean guys were excited, but someone mentioned victory Monday, meaning we have Monday off, but immediately guys cancelled it right then and there.

Larry: Really?

Tim: They didn't want it. Guys are hungry to play football. They are just focused. Its like we expected to win, but we know its not good enough. We know that our standard of play is a lot higher and it was amazing to just see the passion. Like I said, I've never been on a team, where guys wanted to get back in there, didn't want victory Monday, we wanted to get in there and correct this film, learn from it, move forward and get better.

Larry and Sonny then talk about the upcoming game.

Tim: I don't need no days off, we need to get ready, its going to be a great game!

Finally, a team full of passionate players that really want and believe they can win! :point2sky

This is a changed team. Some of us have already observed this, and more are going to be converted all season. The Skins are going to lose some games this year, make no mistake, but they will be much improved.

Mike Shanahan is making this team over in his own image. Tough, talented, character football players, that will take the field and play hard disciplined football all 4 quarters.

Yanno those threads about "What was it like...?" from younger fans that didn't see the Skins in the 80's? THIS is what it was like, no primadonnas, no loud smack, serious, hard-working guys that wanted it, guys that understood what team meant. Not to say we're near that, but this is where it begins.

Remembering an interview I once heard with Art Monk.

The interviewer asked him about the fact that, while the Skins team was tearing up the league, that in many cases, not one single Skins player was ranked in the top 10 at his position. (Or the top 10 receivers, not one was a Skin. Same with the folks who had the top 10 sacks. Things like that.)

Monk's response was "We don't pay too much attention to that. Our attitude is 'My team can beat your team'."

That's awesome. That's the kind of stuff I like to hear. That being said, hope they dont go too hard. You need to recuperate

A Monday practice would likely be more of a walk through/film session than a bang 'em up day. So I wouldn't worry on that end.

I don't care if they just all show up. Guys get treatment, light working out, game film and maybe a few guys work on some of their mistakes. This is about changing a mentality around here. There should be no Mondays off ever. Love what London said here. I love that there are a lot of young guys like Orakpo, Kerrigan, Davis who are witnessing it. Next I was THEM to be the guys who speak up too.

Good, I want a statement game next week... Th SKins we have grown to know as of late always make the easy games too tight or lose them. We should be able to make next week a statement game. No more laying down!

I want a "statement" made every week, one that says this team plays consistently tough and smart, not the up-n-down stuff we've seen for years.

I think I just had a tear build up in my eye. Wow. This is what champions are made of. Fletcher is one of the best things to happen to this franchise in the past 20 years!!!

---------- Post added September-12th-2011 at 08:37 AM ----------

Have you considered piracy? You'd make a great Dread Pirate Roberts.
:Shrugs: "Hmmm!"

Great movie.

Archived