Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo account

rumpshakers

My yahoo account is locked out. It wont accept my user ID or password. I've contacted there help desk center via the web page but no response as of yet(48 hrs ago). Not many options to choose from..forgot ID, forgot pw, has account been compromised and one other I cant recall. I had this account for over 8 years so Id an pw no issue, compromise of account..no reason to believe so.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? And what was the outcome. I have all my fantasy stuff on there! Its my primary email for contact info also.

So all suggestions are welcome. HTTR

Seems Yahoo has had these types of glitches lately. I had something similar in which I could never enter Yahoo mail using Firefox (well, for about 2 weeks anyway). I could enter Yahoo mail using IE, but then suddenly that stopped, too. Then I ended up with a "Compromised account" screen. It asked me to re-enter my password or something like that...no way in hell was I gonna do that.

Long story short, I went through Yahoo's official webpage for their mail to change my password...still couldn't get into my account (page would say it was unable to display page or something similar).

Have you noticed any other glitches with the browsers you're using besides this? Oh, and my mom went through the same thing you are this morning. I tried about 5 times to enter her email but it kept saying wrong ID or password. Told my sister about it, she tried entering our mom's email on her laptop...success! So I tried again after that...I, too, was now able to get into our mom's email. No freakin' clue why I couldn't earlier lol...

This is what they told me...

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Pulse.

Your Yahoo! Pulse account was disabled pursuant to the Yahoo! Terms of

Service (TOS). You agreed to abide by the TOS when you created your

account with Yahoo!. The TOS can be found at:

http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/utos-173.html

and provides in relevant part: "You agree that Yahoo!, in its sole

discretion, may terminate your password, account (or any part thereof)

or use of the Service, and remove and discard any content within the

Service, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use

or if Yahoo! believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently

with the letter or spirit of the TOS. Yahoo! may also in its sole

discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Service, or any

part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of

your access to the Service under any provision of this TOS may be

effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that Yahoo! may

immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related

information and files in your account and/or bar any further access to

such files or the Service." We take the operation of Yahoo! and the TOS

very seriously. We continue to support users who abide by the TOS.

You are welcome to establish a new account with Yahoo! at any time,

provided that your use complies with our Terms of Service. If you are

concerned that your intended use of our service may be a violation of

the TOS, we encourage you to review the TOS and to take care to proceed

accordingly.

Once again, we encourage you to review our Terms of Service which can be

found at:

http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Pulse.

Regards,

Denisse Fox

Guess I'm sol sounds like.

an email account shut down to a TOS violation??? very interesting. if you're shopping for a new email account, i recommend Gmail just like everyone else. very easy to use all around, plus it's free to use on mobile devices and outlook unlike yahoo's free service.

I had a failed attempt too. But I was able to log in the second time on my laptop.

Now it won't connect to the servers from my Android phone.:mad:

*edit* nvm. I fixed it. Since I changed my password several days ago on the laptop, my phone will not connect to yahoo mail servers until I logged out and signed in with the new password.

My AOL account started sending out spam and I'm pretty much in the same situation now. I had set up security questions, but somehow the name of my first pet has changed! AOL unbelievably doesn't have a "Contact Us" page for help with this, unless you login with your account, and the last time I called them there was a recording saying I'd have to wait at least 30 minutes on the phone before I was helped.

Your account was compromised, the password and secret question changed, then the account was used to send spam or engage in some other type of violation.

---------- Post added September-10th-2011 at 11:54 AM ----------

My AOL account started sending out spam and I'm pretty much in the same situation now. I had set up security questions, but somehow the name of my first pet has changed! AOL unbelievably doesn't have a "Contact Us" page for help with this, unless you login with your account, and the last time I called them there was a recording saying I'd have to wait at least 30 minutes on the phone before I was helped.

Call this number: 1-866-265-4041 (Monday through Friday 8am - 7pm eastern).

Your account was compromised, the password and secret question changed, then the account was used to send spam or engage in some other type of violation.

---------- Post added September-10th-2011 at 11:54 AM ----------

Call this number: 1-866-265-4041 (Monday through Friday 8am - 7pm eastern).

Yeah, that all sounds correct. At least I'm pretty sure there wasn't any valuable information in there. Where did you get that number? It's not a "paying members only" number is it? Thanks in advance if that works. I'd be happy just to make sure that account doesn't exist anymore.

Archived