Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I don't want a Dual-QB system

Killbox

A QB is a leader on the field. I hope we're not constantly swapping QB's during a game like some college system when an interception is thrown or something.

How can a QB ever take the risks necessary to effectively lead his team when he's always looking to be pulled?

Just a thought, not a condemnation, and I'm not opposed to replacing an ineffective QB, just not arbitrarily.

What makes you think Shanny is going to rotate QBs during a game? Rex is getting his shot, if he plays well he will be the QB unless he gets hurt or if we are out of playoff contention Shanny wants to give Beck a couple of games at the end of the year.

If Beck plays badly he will be pulled, not after a coule of series or even one bad game but if he puts up a couple of clunkers back to back then I think we see Beck.

It was a debacle that he didn't get pulled earlier. Shanny stuck with him for too long (11 games too late)

Too true. That's what makes it so funny people are saying our QB situation is worse. Even if it IS worse it'd be by a hair. However, I think whoever is starting, since they happen to KNOW the offense, will be much better.

---------- Post added September-6th-2011 at 06:15 PM ----------

McNabb wasn't the OL. The OL was.

McNabb sucked, w/ or w/out the OL's help.

I haven't heard any reason to believe that we would go this route, but if it happened, it wouldn't shock me. Shannahan seams like a guy who believes in, and has confidence, in his system. This would be an extension of that, and although I find it unlikely, I wouldn't fall out of my chair in disbelief.

"He" still haunts some of us :)

Hope things are going well.

I hate cold soup. If a restaurant offered me free cold soup for life, I'd say no thank you.
That's ridiculous. You don't take a free meal off the table. What if you lose your job? Do you think that restaurant is going to give you any soup when you're starving? Ha! Good luck after you snubbed them!

The wildcat while not the gateway to superbowls, is becoming more common than ever. RB's will tell you they need a lot of reps before they can be expected to be good. Yet, many teams go with a rotation in the backfield. Including the Giants. It doesn't seem to hurt them. WR's are rotated, TE's, and half the D if not more. Do the rotated players suck? Hell no, they seem driven by competition to me and do just fine.

OL dont because a backup will get the QB knocked out. Starting QB's WRT the wildcat, are watching others take snaps more than I can remember.

Our QB race was pretty much neck and neck until Beck fumbled his chance in game 4. Regardless, I think the concept of using 2 QB's near each other in skill level, is fine. It only takes a series to see if it worked. I hate the notion that you chose your starter in the lame duck preseason when many teams arent really trying to win. Changing QB's can instantly spark an offense, and instantly force a defense to adjust.

I have been thinking all along we see a lot of both this year. Not rotating series by series mind you. If one sucks in the first half, switch it up in the 2nd. Its the year 2011, the QB doesnt even call his own plays anymore. Go from Beck to Rex, I bet the D backs off. Knowing he WILL go deep on them.

Game 3 is the dress rehearsal in a normal year. We all saw what we did in game 3. And we have all seen a mediocre QB used the entire season, game in and game out, regardless of how many points they put up. Try something different.

Jay came in for Joe, first play, the longest pass play of the year. Nobody Collins comes in, and dominates. Kent Graham came in for Banks, we won out in Denver.

You don't want a Dual QB system.

I don't want the team to punt on first down.

Neither of which are likely to ever happen.

---------- Post added September-7th-2011 at 09:51 AM ----------

:slap: This is getting a bad habbit. That's three times in two days.

NEVER mention he-who-shall-not-be-named on these boards again. :nono: You've been around long enough man to know the unwritten rule of speaking such wrong *Shudders :slap:

And the guys who still have Zorny type usernames is beyond annoying as well.

I don't want the team to punt on first down.

Now that'd be pretty darn funny. I vote for this brilliant, novel, forward thinking approach.

It's pure genius. If we don't know what we're doing, how the heck are the opposition 'sposed to know and combat it? Get this in the playbook for Sunday. We open with a fake hand-off and toss to the Aussie dude out of the I, who pins the pushed up Giants on their own 1. GENIUS!

Hail.

Just think of the marketing side:

Could be like the bumper stickers that were around when Billy Kilmer AND Sonny Jurgensen were both QBing.

"I'm a Redskins Fan and I like Billy!"

"I'm a Redskins Fan and I like Sonny!"

"I'm a Redskins fan and I'll settle for Rexy"

"I'm a Redskins fan and I'll settle for Beck"

Just think of the marketing side:

Could be like the bumper stickers that were around when Billy Kilmer AND Sonny Jurgensen were both QBing.

"I'm a Redskins Fan and I like Billy!"

"I'm a Redskins Fan and I like Sonny!"

"I'm a Redskins fan and I'll settle for Rexy"

"I'm a Redskins fan and I'll settle for Beck"

"I'm a Redskins fan and I endorse both John and Rex ..... because I want Andrew!"

:paranoid: :movefast:

Hail.

Well, unfortunately, or fortunately, its not your decision to make, its Shanny's.

Gibbs bounced back and forth with Jay and Doug for a few reasons, and it worked good enough to get to San Diego, so I can't say I'm against the idea.

It could be a ticking bomb juggling the 2, but I wouldn't care if he put them both in on every play, as long as it gets the W. We pretty much know that if Rex stinks up the place or is performing poorly he will put Beck in, and there are people who will not be happy with that decision, but he's the coach, and its his ass on the line...

Archived