Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per JLC, Rexy to start versus Giants (Merged 2x)

Oldskool

NFL Network just reported that Rex will start against the Jets.

We're game planning for Week 13 already?

Never let it be said Coach Mike isn't thorough.

---------- Post added September-5th-2011 at 04:14 PM ----------

I love how the NFL network showed clips of Grossman getting sacked and throwing an INT.

Way to stay neutral *******s.

To be fair that is his career modus operandi.

Hail.

Yeah, its going to ugly. People (national/local media) will really come down hard on him. They will look back at his time in Denver post Elway/Davis and claim he struggled once they left and Donovan and Haynesworth will somehow be lumped into the equation. Comparing his first two years to Zorns. Just get ready for the ugly. I just pray Dan has bought in.

In other news, December 21, 2012 is right around the corner.

I love how the NFL network showed clips of Grossman getting sacked and throwing an INT.

Way to stay neutral *******s.

That is part of the media hate I was describing last post. Seriously, in 2006, the only year Rex stayed healthy enough to start the full year, I would catch the post game ESPN highlites. They would show any negative play Rex was involved in........ they made it looked like we were slaughtered 45-3. Then at the end they would just say, and the Bears win 27-10! .......0 highlites of anything positive Rex...............absolutely bizarre!

It amazes me that Kyle's system has been successful for basically one season and as a result a large percentage of Redskins Nation has annointed him the Dalai Lama of NFL offense. I'm definitely in favor of giving Kyle all the time he needs to implement his precious invincible unstoppable offensive scheme but the "God of Offense" endorsements have got to stop until Kyle leads an NFL offense to a conference championship or at the very least a playoff appearance. Until then... can we start acknowledging the fact that PLAYERS win games... not coaches. For example... when Kyle's offense in Houston finished first the year before he was hired here, do knowledgeable football fans really believe that offense would have finished #1 without Schaub under center and with Rex running the show instead and also without Andre Johnson, the most freakish WR in the league, with say Joey Galloway or Anthony Armstrong at WR instead? Come on people... Effe a system!!! Give me some studs who can play football at a high level.

Rex may never be as skilled and polished as Schaub and Beck may never be as experienced or accomplished as Rex but they're all we got for now so can we please stop crying like babies about our QB situation, get behind these guys for the rest of this season and hope for the best. Doug Williams isn't walking through the clubhouse door anytime soon and neither is Joey T. And can we forget about drafting Andrew Luck in the next draft... That's beyond unrealistic because we're just not bad enough to finish with the worst record in the league this season. I can't even fathom why some skins fans still have Luck on their radar at this point???

I don't dislike Kyle. I think he's a very dynamic offensive mind and I hope he succeeds at the highest possible level but I am sick and tired of people giving him "Air Coryell" status at this point in his career.

His system works. No one has said it is unstoppable or that scrubs can run it. Kyle, his father and Gary Kubiak are all linked together. There systems are based off one another and they all have worked and do work. Players AND coaches win games. The perfect example is Mike Shanahan. Some people think he is overrated because he failed to return to the Super Bowl without John Elway. True. But, did Elway win anything until Shanahan got there? The truth is, they needed each other. You can have a lot of talent and squander it with an idiot coach who cannot use the talent correctly. At the same token, you are right, you need talent to win. A coach cannot go out and coach up a bunch of slobs and lead them to a championship.

I agree with you 100% that we need to get behind who we have at QB.

The media doesn't pick on Rex, he's earned his reputation. If he's better than 50/50 then he needs to prove it in his play. This is his chance to do that. Nobody counts preseason, the Lions are always preseason champs, that rarely amounts to anything good for them when it counts, so the media isn't going to buy into the "Rex is better than his record states" until he proves it on the field when it counts - not in preseason for 2 series or even 2 quarters.

And before anyone says he proved it in his three games last year, let's not get crazy:

In three games last year he had 7 TDs, 4 INTs, and 4 lost fumbles.

If Rex wants to change the media's mind, he needs to consistently play better than he has throughout his entire career. Period. If he plays well people and the media will eventually join his side, if he doesn't, it will only get worse.

The media hate on Grossman has always been unreal, look at this classic misquote to make Rex look bad, when what he actually said was dead on and modest:

Jay Mariotti Misquotes Rex Grossman

Mariotti even based an entire ESPN national article on this misquote, and no one but this youtuber even bothered to call the media out on it, Rex handled it like a pro no need to listen to the talking heads they don't even bother with being factual they just want to stir controversy where it doesnt exist.

The media doesn't pick on Rex, he's earned his reputation. If he's better than 50/50 then he needs to prove it in his play. This is his chance to do that. Nobody counts preseason, the Lions are always preseason champs, that rarely amounts to anything good for them when it counts, so the media isn't going to buy into the "Rex is better than his record states" until he proves it on the field when it counts - not in preseason for 2 series or even 2 quarters.

And before anyone says he proved it in his three games last year, let's not get crazy:

In three games last year he had 7 TDs, 4 INTs, and 4 lost fumbles.

If Rex wants to change the media's mind, he needs to consistently play better than he has throughout his entire career. Period. If he plays well people and the media will eventually join his side, if he doesn't, it will only get worse.

Yes, they do. But your right, only Rex can shut them up.

That's because he went to UF and every blonde in the state of florida gets free room and board and straight A's at UF. Seriously, all the pics of him with blondes are impressive until you remember that blondes at UF are like a 1920's Deutsche mark - it's totally devalued because they made too many of them. You can't walk longer than 10 seconds in gainesville without bumping into a pack of blonde UF students. IT always amazed me how many of these low IQ tarts actually get good grades. I don't get it. side note - UF is actually a great school.

I'm happy to have Rex starting; I think Beck has an amazing release and I would not rule him out in the long run, but right now Grossman gives us the best chance to win.

It's great becase the Blonde get easy grades or the Blondes are just easy?

---------- Post added September-5th-2011 at 06:19 PM ----------

Thank god. I was never one who wanted Beck.

We'll see how we all feel in three to four weeks, hahaa

this couldnt be kept a secret all week, itd have been poor coaching to keep these guys in the dark as to who was starting. and one of them would be taking first team reps all week, and we'd have seen who that was.

so our starter is rex grossman. i never thought id be saying that.

How do you think I feel about that, BLC? LOL.........

Guess its time to bring out the Sex Cannon sig again :dunce:

The Redskins are my team, have been since I was 14 years old and I will support them. In fact all these media hating reports and Redskins beat reporters who don't report they just take pot shots and hurl insults, looking at you Mike Wilbon, is making me more determined to root them on even more. In fact the fact no one thinks we will be any good tells me we will be, law of averages and all. I just wish the media would just report the facts not state their anti Redskins opinions as fact.

---------- Post added September-5th-2011 at 06:34 PM ----------

MikeJonesWaPo Mike Jones

Moss confirms that Rex is the starter.

Russellmania980 Chris Russell

Santana Moss confirms decision to start Rex, says 'they picked the right guy'; he has also been named off. captain. Fletch/Lorenzo on D/ST

whose our captain Rex or Moss?

There's more than one way to find a QB worthy of being an NFL starter at some point. We already tried trading for a franchise QB and that didn't work. We haven't drafted a high level QB in a while because we have so many other pressing needs. Here's an idea... how about finding a guy who can make all the throws but just needs a little seasoning? and now the jonathan crompton era begins...

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5808/jonathan-crompton

I can't even imagine what today would be like if the lockout was still on. Knowing there would be no football and not knowing when it would be played. I love the fact I can come here all week and talk about Giants at Skins.

I'm not making any predictions because honestly, I don't know what is going to happen. I think 11 rookies or something like that made the Giants' final roster. There was some decent turnaround and they got a lot younger. It is going to be interesting to see what the Giants make of this season. Starting with an NFC East team is a good way to start because these games are always brutal.

As far as zoony's post below about the Redskins kicking the blank out of the Giants, that can be the topic of discussion the rest of the week.

Jason Reid must feel like a jerk. On the other hand, Rex has to play really well to keep Beck from appearing this year. Really, really well.

Did you see when Coach was asked if Rex was the game starter or the starter for the season and his answer right?

He said for the season

Its just forum spin to think that Rex has a short leash on this job

Archived