Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Girl Problems

NotSoSuper

Also if you're worried about being awkward - don't. It's high school. You're GOING to be awkward. No one in high school is smooth, no matter what people tell you now. You'll also learn that eventually. lol

Dude, I'm married with two kids and am still occasionally awkward around the ladies....

Alright lemme say this, i'm 16, sophomore in highschool but i've followed the redskins since i was about 7 so thats why im on here.

Buttt to the girl problems. Alright the girl that I am attracted to is a senior, but i am significantly taller than her so its not to awkward. I talk to her and her Best friend on facebook all the time but when it comes to school i am a little socially awkward haha. I would like to approach her and ask if she wants to hang out but im not really sure how.

Show some confidence in yourself and capitalize your "I" statements. ;)

Practice being more social wherever and whenever you can. It'll help you tremendously in the future with the ladies and work (unless your career doesn't involve speaking somehow). If you go over to a friend's house, have a chat with his parents for a minute longer than your comfort zone. Practice asking questions. Make friendly observations, etc.

Don't put all your eggs in one basket. If you like this girl, then go for it. Understand that it may not work and build up some defenses in case it doesn't. I'm sure you've seen some ugly ass guys with attractive ladies. Sometimes its a numbers game and it doesn't matter if you get five "no" answers before a "yes." That may be difficult in Easton, though. I mean, that city has 3 people at the airport, 5 at the Sonic and 7 police officers to write tickets to people trying to get the **** past there and to the beach! ;)

Just breaking balls. Good luck!

Why not....wanna **** ....has worked for me multiple times.

Because he's not trying to pick up dudes!!! (sorry, just too easy).

To the OP: I agree with most here. Ask her out, you won't regret it. What you will regret is all the times/girls that you didn't have the guts to ask out; instead spending your time watching TV and playing video games.

instead spending your time watching TV and playing video games.

The only problem with this post is the word "instead". Video games and TV rule. But women rule more. When they work in harmony, you're in something that resembles heaven.

A sophomore in hs in love with a senior, and wants to go out with her? Yeah, good luck with that one, buddy. It doesn't work that way, bro. She's about to graduate. She will want nothing with going out on a date with you. If she does, you're more or less gonna always fall in the friend zone.

A junior you "might" have a chance with. My advice to you would be to go find yourself a girl in your own class, or a freshman. That's realistic.

When I saw the thread title of "girl problems", I expected something like a divorce started over a secret abortion or something. lol

I really didn't expect 16 yo puppy love questions.

My one piece of advice would be to make sure she understands you're asking her on a DATE and not just as a way to hang out as friends. I guess my natural awkwardness asking girls out made numerous girls think I just wanted to hang out as friends and I fell into the "Friend Zone." Once I saw the problem, I corrected it and had a lot more success. lol

I agree with the people that have said just ask her. The only thing I would add is if you want to ask her on a date, then use the word date when you ask her. I'm getting to be an old man now, but I knew women that were in their 20s and were uncomfortable turning men down and also just didn't really think like men so if a guy just asked if they wanted to hang out, they'd say yes. Even if they had no interest in going out with the guy.

In college I once cold asked a girl out that I didn't know. She said yes, gave me her phone number, and when I called her she started talking about eating at her boy friend's mother's for dinner that night (and yes, she really had a boyfriend), which I found out later by asking around some.

The only problem with this post is the word "instead". Video games and TV rule. But women rule more. When they work in harmony, you're in something that resembles heaven.

My bad, you are correct, sir. Thanks for the reminder.

Also if you're worried about being awkward - don't. It's high school. You're GOING to be awkward. No one in high school is smooth, no matter what people tell you now. You'll also learn that eventually. lol

Actaully I was, or at least I thought I was, which is the most important thing. ;-}

---------- Post added August-28th-2011 at 12:53 PM ----------

Dont ask......tell her you want to take her out and be confident ....good luck

I agree, and with the ones that are out of your league, use the take-away-close. I used it on a six foot blond that my friends said I had no chance at, which they were right, except I didn't care. At a party I pulled her off to the side slightly forcefully and said, hey I heard you like me, well you know I would never go out with you and walked away. The next day she started chasing me around and I of course at some point stopped running. My friends couldn't believe it and when we get together we still talk about it to this day. In fact that very moment gave me an incredible momemtum that I rode well into my 30s until I settled down. JUST DO IT. Rejection is no worse than no trying, in fact it is better.

---------- Post added August-28th-2011 at 01:00 PM ----------

Hahahaha you've been to easton? It is quite the **** hole

Eastons not bad, just a short drive to OC and my stomping ground at Stephen Decatur in Berlin. I shagged a Mcmuffin once at the Mcdonalds parking lot in Easton after getting slaughtered on the football field. .

Archived