Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Homer: Redskins ground game is ready to break out

themurf

You wouldn't know it because he's been known to disappear for a year or two at a time, but Art is a founding father of this message board. He also covers games with me for ES. Like I said on my site, he doesn't believe half of what he writes on the internet, but he does it to get a rise out of folks. Either way, he's a great dude who I enjoy arguing with.

I don't post much (as I'm extremely busy with my business); but, even I know who ART is! Along with The MURF, BUBBA9497 (R.I.P.), and "the Guys Here { http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?321568-In-Memory-Of&p=7452577#post7452577 }" - and, really "The Vast Majority of Our Comrades", I'm extremely satisfied (overall) with ES! HAIL!!!

Amazing people still care enough to impersonate me considering I've been gone as long as I have.

Imagine if I stay this time and again take over the minds of the wee people as I did before. It'll be wondrous.

I am surprised you actually thought that was me.

I just thought you were joking around. I know it might ruin your image but I have always found you to be a nice guy, and even still have a favor owed me in your favor bank. :silly:

In the final game of the Jim Zorn era, Washington’s ground game featured the forgettable trio of Rock Cartwright, Quinton Ganther and Marcus Mason.

And you know what's scary?...At the time, half the people on this board were swearing we should keep at least two of these guys and couldn't understand why we didn't lol :ols:...

Amazing people still care enough to impersonate me considering I've been gone as long as I have.

Imagine if I stay this time and again take over the minds of the wee people as I did before. It'll be wondrous.

Don't flatter yourself. You think you're the only ******* from Redskins Nation that's named "Art"?:ols:

Well Art is always looked at in different ways, some see nothing, some see something and some see everything. But I for one would enjoying seeing Art around here more.

I don't know what the deal is with him, but the comments section is quickly filling up with flame for him. Great read as usual.

The annonymous source from murphs blog here. Is this real or some alternate dream reality? The pseudonymes the intigue and the digs!

Great thoughts. The cut blocking looked downright vicious at times during both games. There is a great possibility that the running game will be much improved!

The line got the D running to the sideline and the backside cuts em down. It looked like a lumberjack convention. I will dub the O-Line the Lumberjacks cause they were chopping down the opposition. If I start a thread with that title "sue me" (not really)

The bootleg also looks great because the o-line is moving more lateral due to the stretch so they can sell the fake fool speed and it looks identical to a run unlike in the power scheme where lineman get downfield quickly and must pull up on play action after two steps.

Anyways............................

Da Lumberjacks

Timbre

Don't flatter yourself. You think you're the only ******* from Redskins Nation that's named "Art"?:ols:

The only one who matters, sure :).

Actually, the person here used my e-mail address as well. Well, not actually mine, but one I had two years ago.

And you know what's scary?...At the time, half the people on this board were swearing we should keep at least two of these guys and couldn't understand why we didn't lol :ols:...

I didn't argue that, but I do remember arguing that Ganther was playing at least as well as Portis that season (and that said more about Portis than Ganther) I still believe I was right. Ganther was running harder and stronger, but didn't have the natural skill nor any time with the playbook since he came straight off the street. Portis, I think, was already beginning to fade and his self-preservation instincts were already kicking in. Sad, that Portis' favorite run call became the Dive play.

For the record, the originating IP came from the following building:

Address: 3635 Concorde Parkway

Address: Suite 200

City: Chantilly

StateProv: VA

PostalCode: 20151

Again. I live in Minnesota.

That's an ARIN address. Almost certainly not the actual user's address. ARIN is an IP number registry and shows up in lots of IP logs when you try to identify the owner of an IP address. It's about as useful as @gmail.com or @hotmail.com in identifying actual people or location. (The actual person may not even be in the USA.) However, Chantilly is close by, so there's always the chance that it's a Redskins fan who works at ARIN.

I'm still trying to figure out how many backs make the roster. Do the Skins dress ATV, Helu, Hightower, and Royster on game day?
I would be surprised if we carry more than three running backs. Hightower and Helu are all but certain to make the roster, and Torrain is the incumbant, so it looks like Royster probably ends up on the practice squad. This could change, but I expect Royster to be the odd man out. I really like Royster, and anything could happen, but that is how it looks to me right now.

That's an ARIN address. Almost certainly not the actual user's address. ARIN is an IP number registry and shows up in lots of IP logs when you try to identify the owner of an IP address. It's about as useful as @gmail.com or @hotmail.com in identifying actual people or location. (The actual person may not even be in the USA.) However, Chantilly is close by, so there's always the chance that it's a Redskins fan who works at ARIN.

It's the registered agent's address is all. They use hub and spoke things, so it's unlikely the user is from outside the US or anywhere other than the East Coast, but, indeed, it may not be from Chantilly proper.

I would be surprised if we carry more than three running backs. Hightower and Helu are all but certain to make the roster, and Torrain is the incumbant, so it looks like Royster probably ends up on the practice squad. This could change, but I expect Royster to be the odd man out. I really like Royster, and anything could happen, but that is how it looks to me right now.
I like Royster a lot as well. All the guy does is make yards. He ain't fancy but he does get the job done.

I like Royster a lot as well. All the guy does is make yards. He ain't fancy but he does get the job done.

I agree.

Some people overlook Royster because he is not the biggest, fastest, or strongest. However, he is a natural runner, has great vision, and he always seems to get the yards that are there. You do not complie the stats he had at Penn State without being a reliably productive back. I think he could do the same in the NFL, never really wowing anybody, but turning in 100 yard games anyway.

Nonetheless, I cannot see Royster beating out Helu and Hightower, considering how well they have played in the pre-season, nor can I see him unseating the incumbent Torrain, considering the way Torrain played last season.

I do expect another long look at Royster before the coaches make a decision on him, and I will be rooting for him, but he has a difficult road to making the 53-man roster.

Archived