Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reid? Lavar? What is the washington post doing?

Hooper

I was not a JLC fan, but Reid makes him look as objective and informed as Mark Maske. The guy clearly has no sources at Redskin Park and is the definition of jocksniffer.

And Lavar Arrington? Really? The same Lavar who could never learn the playbook when he was here and openly hated the organization after he left? You hire that guy to cover the skins? What's next? Bringing Clinton Portis onboard to write columns?

As a paper, I love the Washington Post. I live in Cali but it's my homepage on my browser. But the whole lineup of Skins coverage is just awful. Rick Maese is pretty good, but other than that...yikes. It's seriously like the paper is trying to do bad in that department. Anyone ever read a column by Tracee Hamilton and say yeah, that was solid journalism? Yeah, didn't think so.

Seriously, what's the deal? How can the post not attract better talent? Do they not pay?

I don't need a Redskins homer to be on the beat, but someone who is very knowledgeable about the game, somewhat impartial, and diligent regarding checking stories would be a massive upgrade. Heck, even former Skin Matt Bowen seems to do a better job. He'll talk X's and O's and form opinions based on observations, not adhering to an agenda or trying to be negative/controversial to gain attention.

I'd change that homepage.

Levar should definitely not be writing for a newspaper.

Quote from Levar's article yesterday."My observations also included seeing him successfully run the two- minute drill and drive the length of the field for a touchdown."

What is this supposed to be? Is this football insight? My five year old could write better.

I believe a few years back the Wash Post made many cuts and because of that a lot of the writing has gone down hill!

The Examiner is they way to go for the 'skins.

Unless Lavar and Reid are unpaid interns... well, even then the Post could do better.

It definitely is a shame that the flagship paper of the region cannot afford/acquire better and more insightful coverage of the marquee team of interest in the region. Just pull up some of the historic stuff and while sometimes bordering on homerism, it was a much better product then, imho.

It is terrible. The market has much better guys in Tandler, Keim, and Rich Campbell. Those are the 3 guys I always make sure to read

Reid, Lavar, and whatever other bozos at the WaPo? Its terrible. The only column I read is Boswell now.

100% agreed. For reading purposes.

I don't even go to the Post's website anymore. I used to be a regular reader. Guess they don't need me.

John Keim is the don of Skins coverage.

Without question, he's the Don or the King.

WP and Dan Snyder have not hidden the fact that they dislike each other. However, rather than handling that in an objective manner the Post seems to go out of its way to paint the team as unimportant. The Post seems to openly mock the fan base as mindless boobs who suck up to the Skins. I think they've missed the point that most of us who still go their website only do so to get insight on the Skins. It still cracks me up that Reid and their other "insiders" seem to reference "the team's fan base" as sources when they pull info from Extremeskins. I like Boswell but can do without most of the rest.

I don't mind a home town newspaper criticizing the local team(s), but I do do agree that LaVar Arrington is a joke. I mean seriously. He obviously still harbors ill-will towards the organization. He's sort of the anti-Brian Balldinger/Hugh Douglas for the Eagles. Don't ask me why he's important, because honestly there's a lot to criticize him on. His entire career was one giant disappointment. They guy had great promise coming out of college, he had the athletic ability to be one of the greats....but he never put in the work, the time, the film study...it's funny how he's "writing" opinions, when he never learned to READ the playbook. The best was when Gregg Williams demanded he play within the system...and he didn't want to. In LaVar's mind he was a super star and should be allowed to freelance; he thought he was bigger than the team. Gee..that sounds like Albert Haynesworth doesn't it? LaVar was and is a worthless POS.

Having Reid and LaVar on staff is bad for The Post. In this brave new world of blog reporting, the WaPo is one of about a dozen reputable sources that people quote all of the time to make their blog legitimate; not just for football, but for any news topic. Newspapers are a dying medium. If the Post cannot get good reporters that are accurate, nobody will listen to them anymore. The only reason why people even buy papers anymore is that they are a reputable source. If you take that away the are going to be gone even faster.

Archived