Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per ESPN: Bills release former first rounder Aaron Maybin

Goingforburgundy

The Buffalo Bills are releasing former first-round pick Aaron Maybin after trying unsuccessfully to trade the linebacker, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Drafted 11th overall in 2009 out of Penn State for his pass-rushing abilities, Maybin has yet to register a sack in 26 career games. Last season he was credited with only six tackles and has just 24 in his two-year career.

At 6-foot-4 and 228 pounds, Maybin is considered undersized for his position

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6863649/buffalo-bills-releasing-09-first-rounder-aaron-maybin-source-says

Thanks Bills for Orakpo :)

Seriously. Between the Bills being dumb enough to draft this guy over Orakpo and the Broncos getting Moreno instead of addressing their defense, we got so lucky.

---------- Post added August-15th-2011 at 02:30 PM ----------

Weren't lots of people here clamoring for the Skins to take Maybin in that draft?

I don't recall ANYONE wanting Maybin over Orakpo. I'm sure some fool on here was in love with Maybin's measureables though and we do tend to have a good amount of PSU fans.

I totally agree on the athlete vs. football player idea.

Somebody is going to grab him though just to kick the tires. See where he head is....and if he can play a different position like TE if he's so fast. Or maybe OLB in a 3-4. Watch the Patriots grab him and do something him.

We are talking about the Bills here. They might have been run more poorly than we have the past decade.

I totally agree on the athlete vs. football player idea.

Somebody is going to grab him though just to kick the tires. See where he head is....and if he can play a different position like TE if he's so fast. Or maybe OLB in a 3-4. Watch the Patriots grab him and do something him.

We are talking about the Bills here. They might have been run more poorly than we have the past decade.

All of this talk of TE reminds me of Aundray Bruce.

Seriously. Between the Bills being dumb enough to draft this guy over Orakpo and the Broncos getting Moreno instead of addressing their defense, we got so lucky.
Actually, I can't fault the Broncos. With the QB issue, I thought Moreno was a good choice.

tibbidoetibbidoe

@SalaryCap101 Rumors that the Redskins could be interested. Think there's any truth to it?

SalaryCap101J.I. Halsell

@tibbidoe I coincidentally talked to a league source about Maybin last week, and they said he chases the ball down like no other, but undersized for DE. Perhaps transition to WLB can save his career.

Archived