Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Flash Mob Robbery at Germantown, MD 7-11 Store

grhqofb5

For once I couldn't think of a smart ass comment.

Watching the tape was really disturbing. Nothing could be done to stop them. It just makes you think about how bad it could get if a group got violent and decided to kill people. One person could start and the rest just get swept up in it.

Watching the tape was really disturbing. Nothing could be done to stop them. It just makes you think about how bad it could get if a group got violent and decided to kill people. One person could start and the rest just get swept up in it.

Yeah, I keep thinking about how these types of situations are likely going to devolve into something worse where innocent people start getting hurt. Right now, I think police should be implementing curfews in these areas and cracking down on large group gatherings.

Flash mob' robs Maryland 7-Eleven in less than a minute, police say

By the CNN Wire Staff

August 16, 2011 4:26 p.m. EDT

Montgomery County Police posted a surveillance video on YouTube.com of the alleged "flash mob" robbery.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

Maryland police post video of the 'flash mob' robbery online

Police: "At least 28 different individuals" confirmed in surveillance tape

Several suspects have been identified, but no arrests have been made, authorities say

(CNN) -- A "flash mob" believed to have been organized on the Internet robbed a Maryland convenience store in less than a minute, police said Tuesday, and now authorities are using the same tool to identify participants in the crime.

Surveillance video shows a couple of teens walking into a Germantown 7-Eleven store on Saturday at 1:47 a.m. Then, in a matter of seconds, dozens more young people entered and grabbed items from store shelves and coolers. Police said the teens left the store together, without paying for anything.

"At least 28 different individuals" have been confirmed on the video, Capt. Paul Starks told CNN Tuesday.

Source: CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/16/maryland.flash.mob/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

looks like this story is getting nation attention. But damn 28 people robbing a place in less than one minute is ridiculous...most stores cant defend against that...

I'm sick of the people bashing Germantown. I grew up in Germantown, spent 18 years of my life there before I went to Charlotte for school and it is a great place to live. Well at least in the suburban area where I live. I have great neighbors, and all of my friends are from there too. Never had any problems with being robbed or anything. I hate how people see one video and automatically categorize the whole city into it. Give it a rest. You find this kind of crap in every city, I don't care where you ****ing live. Yeah it's had it's down times and up times and now is one of those down times but in no way is Germantown "ghetto". There's a reason Montgomery County is one of the top 10 most expensive counties in the NATION to live in. People have class there. These were just a bunch of high school kids seeing what they can get away with. Yea robbery is disgusting but jeez.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/16/maryland.flash.mob/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

So the latest update indicates that police have confirmed 28 individuals on the video, and have identified several of them. Using facebook and uTube in the investigation. Shouldn't be long until arrests. Looks like Seneca Valley is going to be without a few of its finer students come September.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/16/maryland.flash.mob/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

So the latest update indicates that police have confirmed 28 individuals on the video, and have identified several of them. Using facebook and uTube in the investigation. Shouldn't be long until arrests. Looks like Seneca Valley is going to be without a few of its finer students come September.

I wonder why no arrests at this point.

I wonder why no arrests at this point.

It's best to just let them sit back and panic. THink of it this way- they may not have actually identified any of them, or perhaps the police are watching the ones who are identified to see what they do, who they hang out with, etc. Paranoia will cause one of these idiots to crack, and there will be a list of names magically appearing.

All it takes is one arrest and the arrestee will snitch on all the others, assuming they use the tactic of 'talk and less jail time'.
Yup and since the mob was arranged on smart phones I'm sure that transmission can be traced. Oops busted!

Archived