Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which QB would have been the best option for us this year

panel

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

McNabb anyone else is stupid.

In 5 games Grossman had 5 turnovers in 3 games.

Beck can't throw the ball down the field.

Grossman also had 7tds and 800 plus yards in three games. McNabb had 14tds in 13 games and 15 picks. Not sure how many fumbles -- definitely a fair share though.

And two of Rex's picks were end of the game, just trying to make something happen throws.

But I'm just playing devil's advocate.

I think the Pats have three qbs on their roster better than any of ours.

But at least we didn't inexplicably give Tavaris Jackson four mil a year.

Ryan Mallett looked pretty good last night. I wish we had taken him instead of retreading 2 QBs who are essentially done in the league (Beck and Grossman). Even though we upgraded several postions during draft and free agency, without a QB we will be picking high. Wonder if Shanahans and Allen are stockpiling draft picks to move to #1 to get Luck?

Agree I was hoping we were gonna draft the legend and let him learn behind Grossman (say what you want but Grossman knows the offense better than anyone we got), but since we didnt then you gotta go with Rex as the guy and draft a Franchise QB next year while still shoring up our Oline.

I said it a million times, go back and look it up if you really care, Ryan Mallett. However, after what I've seen out of Sexy Rexy I don't really care. As long as the overall team is improving and getting younger and it is I'll be happy. We don't have a world beater at QB but he can get the job done. The offensive line looks great. We have competition at every position just about you can't ask for more than that. Shannahan is a beast and I'm so happy he's here.

Not Campbell: Having watched the tempo of the passing in Shanahan offense, I can't see any way that Campbell would have been a good fit. Campbell took forever to get the ball out. And his accuracy on timing routes left a lot to be desired.

Not McNabb: While I'm sure McNabb still has something in the tank, he didn't want to adjust to what is being expected of a QB in this system. Moreover, I didn't care for his accuracy, nor some of his decisions. Elusiveness was his main plus.

Right now, I'm leaning towards Grossman, but I really haven't seen Beck play yet. I think Beck will keep getting better with every opportunity he gets, but Rex is already a polished QB with a sense of how the offense is supposed to be run. He seems to click well with the current cast of players.

Not voting yet, until I get to see more of Beck.

McNabb. He's better than Grossman every day, and would have only gotten better with a 2nd year in the offense.

He's better in what regard? Talent wise? Sure.

Fit for the system? No.

So how would McNabb be better for this team?

Campbell is gone and so is McNabb. Both had different offensive lines. Jamaal Brown and Trent Williams are going to do very well in being the bookends for the line and give good protection for Rex Grossman. I think the John Beck hype was an angle concocoted by the front office. Beck will get his snaps in the preseason once he gets over his injury. Rex Grossman will be the starter. He showed why in the preseason game against Pittsburgh...

Here is another nice bit of information....

Grossman played a total of the 8 games during his first three seasons. HIs rookie year was 2003/2004. 06/07 was the first year in which he played an entire season and he had 23 TD's and 20 INT's in leading the Bears to the Super Bowl.

During the time when he was competing with Orton for the starting job with the Bears, it cut into his playing time. In the five games in which he played for us last year he was able to get 7 TD's and 4 INTS. Those seven scores tied the total of the three seaons after the Super Bowl year. Rex Grossman will have the confidence of knowing that as long as he can keep the turnovers down and march the ball down the field, he will remain the starter. The game vs. Pittsburgh last Friday night certainly have BNG fans waiting in anticipation for the regular season. One thing that I believe is for certain is that Rex Grossman will be the starting QB.

McNabb. He's better than Grossman every day, and would have only gotten better with a 2nd year in the offense.

He would only have got better in the system if either McNabb bought in and worked hard to understand the system and play within it OR Kyle significantly adapted the scheme to accommodate McNabb. Since neither of those things were going to happen we are better off having moved on from McNabb.

Andrew Luck

The 49ers are going to get luck. Reuniting coach and qb. And they aren't going to have to trade up to get him.

I voted for Rex. For this year, he's the best of the 4 options. He knows the system and has some experience starting.

I don't know why JC is an option, given that he's been gone for a year. Glad colt Brennan isn't an option though. :P

Archived