Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You say it now, but you're a liar.

Burgold

I want to see the guys play hard and give their best effort.

I want to see great coaching and game management.

I want to see 100% effort and preparation.

I don't want to be embarrased.

I want team unity, guys playing for each other.

I don't expect to win a Superbowl, because we probably don't have the talent to do it.

No matter what moves we could have made this off-season, I don't think we could be a contender.

:applause: I have no expectations of a losing or winning season. I fully expect this team to bust it's ass from tip off to game's end. I want to see improvement each and every week. 0-16 or 16-0 I'll be here rooting for my beloved Redskins:helmet:

Go look at various threads and see who exactly is saying we'll intentionally tank the season. You'll find very, very few. You'll find a lot saying we'll in effect 'tank' it by association due to not being good enough in terms of either experience or talent, but not many saying go out there and intentionally play to lose.

People are getting so hung up on the connotations of the word 'tank' it's unreal.

Hail.

Agree. And I am partially at fault for that :)

The people in our camp understand that playing young players will most likely end up with few wins. Which is fine, because this team is young and there will be growing pains.

If we win 2-3 more games because we plug the vets in, that will be a complete waste of time

@DAL Cowboys-LOSS (close game, but 1 win in 15 years in Dallas)

Total aside but dear lands is that what we've fallen back into down in Texas? 2 win in 15 years? (I think you meant 2 man. The last at the toilet in Irving, and the MNM.).

Honestly, it's hard to even call it a rivalry when one teams so dominant. That is depressing.

Hail.

Total aside but dear lands is that what we've fallen back into down in Texas? 2 win in 15 years? (I think you meant 2 man. The last at the toilet in Irving, and the MNM.).

Honestly, it's hard to even call it a rivalry when one teams so dominant. That is depressing.

Hail.

Forgot about the '08 game. The peak of the Zorn era :)

Hail.

Not nearly as depressing as a bunch of so-called Redskins "fans" praying we lose this season.

That might be the saddest Redskins-related atrocity I've ever seen. Worse than Snyder even.

You calling me a liar??

This is how you tank:

You go into the season as young as possible with as unproven quarterback as possible.

You bring in a few vets here and there to teach the ropes and push the youth.

You balk on big name free agents and then sign lesser known, younger, talent to the same basic deal.

You can call it tanking, setting up for the future, rebuilding, etc...

At the end of the day there are two basic outcomes to this season that matter.

1. Draft Position

2. Finding young talent.

Those are the goals of this season. So to win 3 extra games next year would not help you achieve your goal.

And anyone thinking we aren't setting this team up for a rookie QB next year hasn't been paying attention.

So with all that being said, I am willing to go through another awful season in the hopes we can get as high a draft pick as possible so that we can increase our odds of landing the signal caller we want.

It's called big picture. Cause the picture for this season stinks regardless.

There's a huge difference between saying "Well, if we do **** the bed at least there are some great draft prospects next year" and saying"**** the bed! C'mon, right on the pillow, you have to, it's the only way! **** the bed! **** the bed!" There's no validity to that, and the thought of intentionally blowing the season (because that's what tanking means, intentionally and consciously taking a dive) is what rubs people's fur the wrong way.

:psst: ****ting the bed IS THE ONLY way. Going 9-7 and losing out on the franchise does what exactly?

Will it be painful to watch us fight our asses off for four wins? Certainly.

Will it be even better to get a top QB from next years draft, and hopefully solidify the position for the next decade? Absolutely.

Patience is a virtue I don't have, but I will do my best to focus on the future. Because after the last decade of futility, whats another year?

Not nearly as depressing as a bunch of so-called Redskins "fans" praying we lose this season.

That might be the saddest Redskins-related atrocity I've ever seen. Worse than Snyder even.

No, it's true love. Fan love is down big time. Some of us are realists. We are trying to SAVE the team.

That's not a connotation, it's a DEFINITION! It's what the word means, tanking is intentionally losing for some benefit, there's no misunderstanding here. I didn't choose it, I haven't been the one defending it or trying to morph it into something other than what it is. I've been reading these threads, you're wrong, that's quite openly what many want (some overtly so in this thread), to blatantly and directly blow off this season, make decisions in personnel and play with the intention of losing the games . That's really been the sticking point here.

If and when Luck comes out, is as good as claimed and is the first pick, I'll support whatever it takes to land him. I don't disagree that we have a critical need for a young quality QB for the long haul. That part's not in dispute, it's this whole spin-doctoring ploy about how to make that happen.

I really don't think there are many fans hoping we lose. And definitely not lose intentionally.

I will want the Skins to win every Sunday. But I don't think I'll be as upset after a loss because for once in a long number of years, we are actually working towards something. I expect to see a much better team in December than we will see early on. For me, that is now more important than individual game scores.

The idea is pathetic and shows just how beaten down and clueless the Redskins fanbase is after being abused and molested by the Snyder regime.

I think it's a very small percentage that think this way. Unfortunately for them they haven't figured out that the NFL isn't the NBA or NHL. It's important to have a franchise QB but unlike those other sports there are almost no sure things. It is much more important to put together a solid, deep team than it is to have the best player in the game. Since 1998 only one team that has the #1/#1 pick has played in the Super Bowl (Colts).

And the other thing is that I think we are much closer to being a good team that these guys think. We've made a number of solid moves this offseason and for the first time in years may have solid depth at most positions.

No, it's true love. Fan love is down big time. Some of us are realists. We are trying to SAVE the team.

It's such a joke. You guys haven't been paying attention.

We win 2 games this year, and Shanny is out on his ass. You think Snyder wants 2 wins, an an empty stadium where he isn't selling concessions, merch, etc?

That's not how it works.

You think Shannahan, a man who has won TWO Super Bowls, could stomach being humiliated in front of the entire NFL? He's still got some pride, even if you don't.

This "tank" mentality really shows how little the fans know about their own team and the NFL. It's beyond pathetic and is making me throw up in my mouth a little.

If you suggested that one day this team and its fanbase would be reduced to this in say, 1990 at RFK, you'd have been beaten to a pulp.

A season as bad as you guys are praying for would be disastrous for the Washington Redskins. It will bring the worst out of Snyder...and that's terrifying.

---------- Post added August-3rd-2011 at 10:21 AM ----------

And the other thing is that I think we are much closer to being a good team that these guys think. We've made a number of solid moves this offseason and for the first time in years may have solid depth at most positions.

That's the hilarious thing about it. This team is going to be BETTER this year, not worse.

It's such a joke. You guys haven't been paying attention.

We win 2 games this year, and Shanny is out on his ass. You think Snyder wants 2 wins, an an empty stadium where he isn't selling concessions, merch, etc?

That's not how it works.

You think Shannahan, a man who has won TWO Super Bowls, could stomach being humiliated in front of the entire NFL? He's still got some pride, even if you don't.

This "tank" mentality really shows how little the fans know about their own team and the NFL. It's beyond pathetic and is making me throw up in my mouth a little.

If you suggested that one day this team and its fanbase would be reduced to this in say, 1990 at RFK, you'd have been beaten to a pulp.

A season as bad as you guys are praying for would be disastrous for the Washington Redskins. It will bring the worst out of Snyder...and that's terrifying.

---------- Post added August-3rd-2011 at 10:21 AM ----------

That's the hilarious thing about it. This team is going to be BETTER this year, not worse.

No, I'm paying attention. You are theorizing. And no. I don't think Shanny is out regardless because I think this is part of the plan and the Dan has signed off on it.

And since you aren't paying attention, 1990 was 21 years ago. That's a complete generation ago. What I want is to get back to the point where suggesting what I am is blasphemy. Cause right now it aint and about 20% of the board members agree with me.

Hail.

Much like you were saying that progress and improvement can not be measured only by record, true rivalries can not be defined only by record.

We're not objective football fans acting merely as observers and trying to figure out which match ups will give up the most drama...we're Redskins fans (or supposed to be) who don't require anything else than the two franchises' history together to make it a true, hated rivalry. I'm longing for the day when our coaches insist the players look at it the same way...Gibbs started off his 2nd tenure here by insulting Cowboys fans :ols:...called 'em "ugly"...is it any coincidence that the dreaded Cowboys Curse was broken on his return? ;) We're 4-2 at home against them since 2005...we may still come out on the short end of the stick when playing in Dallas, but at least Redskins fans have once again regained an actual home field advantage against that sorry, arrogant, overhyped roster of misfits. I'm through bemoaning how poorly we did against the Cowboys 12 years ago lol...

Who says the schedule will be easier?

Teams change. Judging the schedule today as being "easier" is futile. Cam Newton could be a 1st year stud like Big Ben. Jim Harbaugh might just be a great coach. The Cowboys could bounce back.

There is nothing that says this schedule is easy. We can really only judge our team as it stands now

LOL, this after you just put a long post going game by game predicting loss after loss after loss. Talk out of both sides of your mouth much?.

I swear I'm so tired of hearing people talk about Luck and how they hope we suck so that we can draft him. I for one, want my team to win every time they step on the field and I'm rooting for them to win, I don't give a **** about next years draft.

Also I'm going to start keeping track of who wants us to suck, so that we can draft Luck. On gameday when they are on this thread ****ing about losing, I can remind them that this is what they wanted! :cool:

That's not a connotation, it's a DEFINITION! It's what the word means, tanking is intentionally losing for some benefit, there's no misunderstanding here. I didn't choose it, I haven't been the one defending it or trying to morph it into something other than what it is. I've been reading these threads, you're wrong, that's quite openly what many want (some overtly so in this thread), to blatantly and directly blow off this season, make decisions in personnel and play with the intention of losing the games . That's really been the sticking point here.

Agree, some folks seem to be conflating "tanking" with "rebuilding". They're not the same thing. Rebuilding means signing and playing younger, unproven talent in order to discover cheap foundational pieces for the future. Tanking means losing and giving up on the season in order to set yourself up for the draft. Different concepts.

And since you aren't paying attention, 1990 was 21 years ago. That's a complete generation ago. What I want is to get back to the point where suggesting what I am is blasphemy. Cause right now it aint and about 20% of the board members agree with me.

You are living in fantasy land. This team won't be nearly as bad as you hope it will be, and nobody in the Skins organization is thinking "tank." 6-8 wins is my prediction.

And 20% is not very much. One in five? Wow, that sure is a prevailing wind.

LOL, this after you just put a long post going game by game predicting loss after loss after loss. Talk out of both sides of your mouth much?.

I don't think you can judge this schedule as being "easier" at all. If you are thinking so, you'll end up looking foolish.

With how we currently match up, I am failing to see 6-8 wins

I swear I'm so tired of hearing people talk about Luck and how they hope we suck so that we can draft him. I for one, want my team to win every time they step on the field and I'm rooting for them to win, I don't give a **** about next years draft.

Also I'm going to start keeping track of who wants us to suck, so that we can draft Luck. On gameday when they are on this thread ****ing about losing, I can remind them that this is what they wanted! :cool:

That would be a very valuable service, and I look forward to seeing these posts. It's going to be amusing.

Put my name on the top of the list. But I don't ***** about Redskins games anymore :)

I'd be surprised if we won fewer games than a year ago.

First off, our defensive personnel is substantially better for the Haslett defense than we had last year. It's imperfect still, but, has some parts which fit. It should improve 5 to 10 spots, maybe more, if things stay reasonable healthy.

Offensively we know Grossman can produce in a fashion similar to McNabb, so our ability to move the ball should be at least roughly the same as it was then, if not better for more familiarity and a couple more pieces. Now, if Beck starts and is horrible he could negate some positives and, yes, we could be pretty bad.

Agree. We've been through some dark times on this team. Some of the sweetest victories we've had are seasons when we have no shot at making the playoffs. I'm hopeful, but really any kind of upward trend is what we should be looking for. We're building something and it's not going to happen overnight.,

Archived