Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So what are the chances the Redskins will win a Super Bowl before the CBA runs out in 10 years?

21MadFan

The Virginia HC? I think this may qualify as 'the most out there prediction for many a year' post.

I will preface this by saying that I am not a UVA fan/or alumn... but I think he'll become a hot topic after this season....

HAIL!

Who really knows? All I want is for the Skins to get back to playoffs. Once you are in the playoffs, anything can happen. It's not always the best team that wins the SB, but who the hottest or has the ball bouncing their way at the time.

I think ShanAllen can get us back to the playoffs. From there, it's anyones guess.

I will preface this by saying that I am not a UVA fan/or alumn... but I think he'll become a hot topic after this season....

HAIL!

Interesting. Gota' say I know next to nothing about him, but I shall look out for the Cavaliers results with interest.

Not that I want the Shanahan era to end any time soon, but there'd be something kinda' sweet about having a local HC.

Hail.

I know two things for sure... Shanny wont be the coach and Beck wont be the QB.

The Skins dont even have a player qualified to be a pro NFL QB... and you realy kind of need a good QB to win a superbowl in this league. The Skins dont even have a mediocre or average QB on the roster.

Technically McNabb is on the roster, and he's an average QB. If you want to say that McNabb is as "good as gone" then I'll say Grossman is as "good as here" in which case we have Grossman, and he's a good QB. He won't take the team on his shoulders like Manning or Brady, but he's shown that he's more than competent.

The chances are as good as any other team. The GM and HBC need to work their plan and put all the pieces to the puzzle on the same roster for a couple of years to make a solid run. Fans (including the Owner) are impatient and probably won't like the slow walk to competitiveness. It's apparent that MS doesn't care what anybody else thinks and him and BA are working at a common goal. It will happen for the Skins within the next decade. Hail!!!

---------- Post added July-25th-2011 at 04:07 PM ----------

When we have a quality starter at QB, and a line to protect him, and receivers to throw to, and players who actually fit the defensive scheme the coaches want to run....then we have a chance.

I don't agree entirely... We need a strong O and D lines and a top 5 Defense to allow for a NFL QB to manage a game. Redskins have not been blown out of many games in the past and the needs to create powerful and skilled lines will pay dividends quickly. The next step is going to put the right combo of skilled players together on both sides of the ball with some big play ability on teams. This is going to be a .500 team for another year or so and the next step will take place after the cohesion is created.

---------- Post added July-25th-2011 at 04:13 PM ----------

You have to be the biggest Redskins homer to suggest that our offense matches up against anybody in our division.

We were 8th in passing yards per game. It was our 30th ranked rushing from the lack of any O-line that made us the worst.

With 2 young pass rushers (one that we know can get it done, and another that hopefully pans out) and a dominant young safety, we have potential to have a good defense for years.

With Cooley, Davis, and Armstrong we have 3 receiving options that, if combined with a legit #1 receiver, would be a great supporting cast. We also have a solid young left tackle.

That at least gives us a chance to make some sort of noise.

We're going to be a playoff team in two years time and a division title threat in three years time. That's all I care about, to be honest. I just want to see the B&G after the regular season ends. I'll worry about the SB after this happens.

I like my chances of nailing Scarlett Johanssen better.

Oldfan - if and when you nail Scarlett Johansson, I will change my stance and agree with every single post you ever make on here for a year. You have my word.

Fixed. :) And in hindsight, wouldn't want my 1000th post any other way than to be talking about nailing Scarlett JohanssOn.

3,125%

Who th **** is Scarlett Johanssen? You mean Scarlett Johansson? Becareful Danish people can freak out when you write E instead of a O. Believe me I have been down that road.

I give myself a good chance to have a threesome with Megan Fox and Jessica Alba in a burning building for a Robert Rodriguez directed movie called El blanco machete, pequeño machete pero gran polla.

Archived